No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Central Florida Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hated the T on Ingram. First it was a tough call...I THINK it was the right call, but it was close at a minimum. Second, he ran to the other end. Was it demonstrative? Yes. But he deserved some leeway in that spot, PLUS the charge was his 4th. And then the official waited until he got all the way down to the other end to hit him. If that happened to Dex, we'd have gone BALLISTIC. Not the best managed game this year.

Everyone else has said it, weird game. 17-3.

I submit we've been "broken" since the ECU game. Memphis was likely broken here so it masked our shortcomings. We're better, but we're not fixed.

Tulsa twice, Cincinnati twice, at Memphis, at Houston, at SMU.

Tulane at home, USF at home, at UCF and Temple at home.

Honestly, I don't care how well we're playing, 12-6 in conference looks pretty darned good to me right now.

Comment

• 22 or 23 wins gets us in the tournament?

Comment

• I think the uneasiness some have is the fact that Stevenson and Burton are not nearly the players right now that they were earlier in the year. Not even close. And we’re going to go as they go. They really need to pick it up again or we’ll end up middle of the pack in the conference. I don’t think we’ve beaten a team with a winning conference record yet. Next three are Tulsa, Cincinnati, and Houston. Recent performances won’t beat any of those teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I hated the T on Ingram. First it was a tough call...I THINK it was the right call, but it was close at a minimum. Second, he ran to the other end. Was it demonstrative? Yes. But he deserved some leeway in that spot, PLUS the charge was his 4th. And then the official waited until he got all the way down to the other end to hit him. If that happened to Dex, we'd have gone BALLISTIC. Not the best managed game this year.

I submit we've been "broken" since the ECU game. Memphis was likely broken here so it masked our shortcomings. We're better, but we're not fixed.

Honestly, I don't care how well we're playing, 12-6 in conference looks pretty darned good to me right now.
          Ingram earned that T in the preceding 35 minutes.

Comment

• And you're probably right there Cdizzle , I can't argue against that, but in the moment, it was a terribly managed technical.

And I agree with shoxlax 22 probably gets us in, 23 fairly comfortably and 24 no doubt.

Comment

• 20 assists on 24 baskets is a good base to build from if the Shocks can continue that.

Erik, Jamarius,, Tyson and Grant all had sub-par pefrormances, which has not happened often in the same game. Thank goodness Dex had their backs.

Have a week now to smooth out some rough edges and perhaps re-charge a bit physically and mentally. Hopefully, that will pay off against Tulsa. Of course, Tulsa has the week off as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                So you are happy with our level of play the past four games? I'm not and don't think we will win our conference
                tournament or a first round game at the dance without noticeable improvement.
                I am totally in agreement with you. This team has alot of potential. And even though they have won 17 games the constant dumb mental mistakes and missed free throws is a problem. It will cause them to lose against a good team. Hope they decide to get better. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I hated the T on Ingram. First it was a tough call...I THINK it was the right call, but it was close at a minimum. Second, he ran to the other end. Was it demonstrative? Yes. But he deserved some leeway in that spot, PLUS the charge was his 4th. And then the official waited until he got all the way down to the other end to hit him. If that happened to Dex, we'd have gone BALLISTIC. Not the best managed game this year.

We lost 3 of our first 20 and a lot of complaining. If we lose 4 of our next 11 it will be like doomsday on here. Lot of tough games and it could happen.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    22 or 23 wins gets us in the tournament?
                    Bubble.. But yes. We had one of the better non cons in the country

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Bubble.. But yes. We had one of the better non cons in the country
                      Remind me again why our non con is one of the best in the country?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

of those contending for an at large i agree it is probably top 25, but warrennolan.com has us pegged at #96 overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

5 Q1/Q2 wins... Only 1 loss to a Top 10 NET team...

Comment

• Well, it's not just the non-con schedule of course, it is what you do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

5 Q1/Q2 wins... Only 1 loss to a Top 10 NET team...
                              You mean four Q2 wins and a Q1 loss?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

You mean four Q2 wins and a Q1 loss?
                                Yup you are right. Was thinking our only conference Q1/Q2 win was Memphis. Forgot that ole Miss fell to Q3 and UConn was Q2. Also I put Q1/Q2 for wins because we have a couple that have been fluctuating between 1 and 2 (Oklahoma State and VCU) and OU is within striking distance of Q1 also.

Point still stands. There is a reason a lot of bracketologists had us seeded 3-5 coming out of the non con.

Other notable non cons

Gonzaga - 3 Q1/Q2 wins (though all Q1) and 1 Q1 loss

Duke 4 Q1/Q2 wins and 1 Q3 loss

Arizona 1 Q1/Q2 win and 3 Q1/Q2 losses

Louisville 3 Q1/Q2 wins and 2 Q1/Q2 losses

That's just in the Top 10 of NET ... I'm sure I could continue and find more but there are only a handful of teams that did better in the non con than WSU. Gives us a lot of buffer to play with.

Comment

Working...
                                X