Wichita State vs Central Florida Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yet... Nearly every single bracketologist had us in the Top 15-20 seeds coming out of the non-con.

If you wanna die on this hill .. go for it. You are just looking like an idiot trying to stir the pot right now. I keep posting facts yet you are "too busy" to research your own claim. Yes it's a claim not a fact like you want to say. Might look up what the word fact means.

​​​​
    Jesus dude. You got some issues.

Why are you talking about something happening in December when the argument is about what's happening now? Nobody effing cares what our non-con looked like in December. The argument is NOW that games have actually been played and results have been determined that our non-con is not nearly as strong as it once was or what it appeared to be going in. In November, everybody that had North Carolina on their schedule thought it would be a great resume boost. Now? Not so much. How hard is this concept to understand?

Go back to the original post goof. You said we're ok for the bubble because we have one of the best non-cons in the country. Yah, maybe on December 19th that as the case. But not NOW. And NOW is all that matters. The selection committee is not gonna retroactively look back on December 19th and say we had a wonderful non-con resume and give us the nod. Oklahoma State tanked. Ole Miss tanked. VCU tanked. And OU is hanging on.

Do we understand basic logic yet or do you still wanna make yourself look like a laboring idiot and fall on your "best non-con resume in the country" sword?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

one q1 game...
      Best non-con resume in the country.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• My only comment is that the bracket wasn’t set at the end of the non con and it’s not set yet. What looked like good wins at one time aren’t so good anymore. We still have a lot of chances to gain momentum but we have to beat the good teams left on our schedule. If we can’t beat Tulsa, UH or Cincy, we’re gonna be sweating it out big time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Jesus dude. You got some issues.

Why are you talking about something happening in December when the argument is about what's happening now? Nobody effing cares what our non-con looked like in December. The argument is NOW that games have actually been played and results have been determined that our non-con is not nearly as strong as it once was or what it appeared to be going in. In November, everybody that had North Carolina on their schedule thought it would be a great resume boost. Now? Not so much. How hard is this concept to understand?

Go back to the original post goof. You said we're ok for the bubble because we have one of the best non-cons in the country. Yah, maybe on December 19th that as the case. But not NOW. And NOW is all that matters. The selection committee is not gonna retroactively look back on December 19th and say we had a wonderful non-con resume and give us the nod. Oklahoma State tanked. Ole Miss tanked. VCU tanked. And OU is hanging on.

Do we understand basic logic yet or do you still wanna make yourself look like a laboring idiot and fall on your "best non-con resume in the country" sword?
          Blah blah blah ... Jesus .. you are like a Memphis fan right now. All talk but never able to back it up.

Still waiting for you to post 20 non-con resumes (you know the top 5% of all of CBB and top half of all at-large teams) that are better than ours .. until you do SHUT IT .. seriously. Stop embarrassing yourself. There aren't a laundry list of resumes out there with a bunch of Q1 non-con wins. In fact, there aren't many with a bunch of Q1 or Q2 wins

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

one q1 game...
            Yet still Top 25 in resume quality ... Thanks for proving my point.

Comment

• Won’t the committee factor in all games for Q1 wins, not just non-con? We probably need to win some more of those.

Comment

Yet still Top 25 in resume quality ... Thanks for proving my point.
                You're an idiot.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Won’t the committee factor in all games for Q1 wins, not just non-con? We probably need to win some more of those.
                  Absolutely ... the argument was that we did a pretty dang good job in the non-con which gives us a bit more flexibility in the conference. Fever is arguing that we did not have a good non-con. In fact it was "sad".

Couple more stats

http://barttorvik.com/trank.php?year...p=0&conlimit=#

Wins above bubble (measure of record quality) - 22

View the 2023-24 Resume Men's College Basketball power index on ESPN. The BPI is the best predictor of a team's performance of the season.

Strength of record - 20

That's even with our largely unimpressive conference season so far ....

Comment

You're an idiot.
                    Cool, i guess if relying on facts and not just trolling makes me an idiot .. so be it!

Comment

Blah blah blah ... Jesus .. you are like a Memphis fan right now. All talk but never able to back it up.

Still waiting for you to post 20 non-con resumes (you know the top 5% of all of CBB and top half of all at-large teams) that are better than ours .. until you do SHUT IT .. seriously. Stop embarrassing yourself. There aren't a laundry list of resumes out there with a bunch of Q1 non-con wins. In fact, there aren't many with a bunch of Q1 or Q2 wins
                      I don't have as much time on my hands as you do where I can respond within 2 seconds of every post, scout every opposing fanbase message board to see if they're talking bad about us, etc. I'm just hear to say you're a complete fool thinking we have one of the best non-con resumes in the country highlighted by Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, VCU, and Ole Miss.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Cool, i guess if relying on facts and not just trolling makes me an idiot .. so be it!
                        Finally, you've admitted self-defeat for once.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't have as much time on my hands as you do where I can respond within 2 seconds of every post, scout every opposing fanbase message board to see if they're talking bad about us, etc. I'm just hear to say you're a complete fool thinking we have one of the best non-con resumes in the country highlighted by Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, VCU, and Ole Miss.
                          You seem to have no problem responding .. the problem is you are responding with jibberish.

I keep posting more and more data to back up my point and all you can come up with is basically ... LOL VCU OU OSU.

Comment

Finally, you've admitted self-defeat for once.
                            You aren't too bright ... that's for sure.

Comment

• My thought is that we're safely in if the season ended today. We are a 7 seed in the bracket matrix, and #23 in the WAB metric on Torvik. Unfortunately, the season does not end today.

We have an uphill climb the rest of the way, with the following six games:

Cincy H/A
                              Houston A
                              Memphis A
                              SMU A
                              Tulsa A

If we win three or four of those and don't lose any of the following:

UCF A
                              Tulsa H
                              USF H
                              Tulane H
                              Temple H

We are safely in. I'd also say if we go 9-2 over this stretch, we'll be guaranteed to get second in the conference (and a tie for first if Houston slips up in a couple of unexpected places). Not saying it's likely, but it's possible. In general, we cannot afford to drop any of the bottom games I mentioned unless we go 9-2 or at the bare minimum 8-3.

I think the tendency is to freak out any time we lose because we all still carry residual scars from the Valley from 2015 and 2016 (both times where we deserved a seed that was 2-3 spots higher than what we were given). But we don't need to panic. Yet.

Regardless, if you would have told me we would be 17-3 during our first twenty games, I would have taken it in a heartbeat. I'll pray that we don't have to host a home game in mid-March. Being in the tournament is bad for my stress levels but a million times more fun than being in the NIT.

Go Shocks.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Never tell me the odds.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X