No announcement yet.

Wichita State at South Florida Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're having problems lately because we have good guard that know how to dribble out of trouble, but don't know how to pass out of trouble. Our young guard are hanging onto the ball for way too long.

Comment

Time for our mojo to return...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If we play like we did on the last few minutes of the Houston game we could win by 10+ but if we don't then we will win by single digit.

Comment

Line Movements for Shockers vs Bulls provided by VegasInsider.com, along with more ncaab information for your sports gaming and betting needs.

Wichita State Shockers opened as 3.5 favorites at the South Florida Bulls.

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

My wife and I are driving over from Orlando in the morning. We are are section 114 row c
            We are driving over tomorrow over as well, but from Daytona Beach. We are in section 102, row A, seats 9 &10

Comment

Comment

Another long road trip on the heels of another long road trip after getting *****-slapped a couple times. I normally side for the good guys but we ice-cold.

Probably Still Have a Sun Tan - 74
                Ye of Little Faith - 63
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I'm more nervous than a fresh cow patty in the hot Texas sun.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I’m as nervous as someone showering at Penn State.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      I’m as nervous as someone showering at Penn State.
                      hahaha

Comment

I predict Shox by 1+. Gonna do that until I see Shockers basketball again.

Comment

I been away for awhile. Thus, I did not see the Houston game. I have been very concerned with the play of this team since the ECU game. The UCONN game should of never gone into overtime, The Temple game was just plain painful to watch. When I saw the score on the Houston game and read the posts on this board from you guys, I was glad I did not see that game. Lucky me. I think if I had watched that game I would have broken some furniture in my house.

Some of us have tried to point out the flaws to this team even when they were winning. But some of you just glossed over the deficiencies and implied that we were to picky. This team shoots free throws like crap. Fk that. Those are turnovers when it happens too much. They don't pass the ball out of double teams the way they should. Some of the players stand and pound the ball instead of passing it to the open man so that guys can really get an open shots. And sometimes they just play young and dumb, because they are young. But they are my boys and I still support them.

But until this team grows up and starts addressing its deficiencies like a man, they will continue to struggle. That means being honest about what you are doing right and what you are not doing right by the TEAM. And what is the name of that piece of sht Editor for the KC Star and his contact information ? I got a few things I want to say to that mf. Go Shocks. Hope we score more than 47 points against USF.

Comment

Looking at WSU KP conference metrics - is not a pretty picture

Eff FG% - 11th (43.4%)
                            FTA/FGA (Defense) - 12th (WSU is fouling way too much)
                            Off Rb% (Defense) - 8th
                            Off Rb% (Offense) - 5th
                            Block% (offense) - 12th
                            Block% (Defense) - 12th
                            Off Eff - 9th
                            Deff Eff - 4th

Only metric that is good

Def 3pt% - 2nd (25%)
                            Steal % (off) - 2nd
                            Steal % (def) - 3rd

Now on the bright side South Florida

1. The worst defending team in the league (12th in EFF FG%, 3P%)
                            2. Offensive efficiency is 219th in the nation
                            3. Turnover prone - 322nd in turning the ball over

But WSU better hit their shots, SF defense limits offensive rebounds

On paper, this is a game that should give WSU an opportunity to gain back some confidence with a road win.

My game plan would be

a. Go down low to JE, get high % shots
                            b. Press the hell out of them and turn them over and get some easy baskets.
                            c. Use WSU depth to play fast and run SF into the ground. They don't like playing fast and have less depth than WSU.

And I hope in the little time they have had they have worked on passing out of the double team with either the guards or JE.

Comment

I'm more nervous than a friend of Bill Clinton's in solitary confinement.

Comment

USF isn’t a world beater, but could be a chance to get our mojo back. Which version of WSU is going to show up though?

Comment

Working...
                                X