Clear All

• Wichita State at South Florida Pre-Game Discussion

Description: WICHITA STATE AT SOUTH FLORIDA
    When: JAN 21 (TUE) 6:00 P.M.
    Where: TAMPA, FLA. YUENGLING CENTER
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM https://keyn.radio.com/
    TV: ESPNEWS

Summary:
    Three members of the South Florida Bulls men's basketball team were named preseason all-conference and the Bulls were selected to finish fifth in the 2019-20 American Athletic Conference preseason poll. Reigning AAC Defensive Player of the Year Laquincy Rideau (West Palm Beach, Fla.) was selected to the preseason first team, while defending AAC Freshman of the Year Alexis Yetna (Paris) and junior David Collins (Youngstown, Ohio) were both named to the second team. USF is the only school in the conference with three players named preseason all-conference. USF is 8 – 10 overall and 1 - 4 AAC (12th place).

Odd Makers:
    Vegas: WSU by 3.5
    DRatings: WSU by 5.7
    ESPN: WSU 58%
    INCCSTATS: WSU 64% by 4.0
    KenPom: WSU 64% by 4.0
    Massey: WSU 69% by 6.0
    Nolan: WSU by 6.0
    Sagarin: WSU by 4.2
    Torvik: WSU 72% by 5.2
    Wilson: WSU by 4.1
    Shocks Win by 10+
    19.23%
    Shocks Win by 5+
    21.15%
    Shocks Win by 1+
    15.38%
    Toss Up - Could Go Either Way
    28.85%
    Shocks Lose by 1+
    3.85%
    Shocks Lose by 5+
    9.62%
    Shocks Lose by 10+
    1.92%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 21, 2020, 05:10 PM.

I rarely predict losses, but I chose Shockers to lose by 5+ vs Houston. For this game, I’m sticking with another loss until I see changes made. The last 5 min of the UH game was encouraging, but I don’t think 3G is the type to play helter skelter for an entire game. USF will be hyped up to play us at home and will come out tough. Hope we can get things turned around.

Comment

If they've seen film on us, we might have a prob

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        If they've seen film on us, we might have a prob
        Nah. It's South Florida. They don't watch film.

Comment

Anybody going to the game?

My wife and I will be there cheering them on.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
            Anybody going to the game?

My wife and I will be there cheering them on.
            My wife and I are driving over from Orlando in the morning. We are are section 114 row c

Comment

Disney World = 63

Land of Oz = 68

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

When we get double teamed and pressed you have to attack it by finding the teammate left open and then
                attack the rim with favorable numbers. Am I just stating the obvious? Too many times we are backing up or
                curling up in a ball. If your keeping the ball moving it lessens the chance your going to get double
                teamed in the first place. Our ball handling guards need to be better getting the ball to open team mates
                and inside. It is maddening for me to see one of our centers make a nice post up move or break free off the
                high screen and not get a pass in the right place for an easy score. I am hoping and believing we see much
                improvement from now on. If we get north of 16-17 assists we will win. If we get south of 14 it will be a long night
                unless or shooting improves dramatically. I'll predict 17 assists and 13 turnovers and a narrow 70-63 win.

Comment

The boys looked plain tired against Houston, like they had just spent a week working on the other side of the country. If they got some rest, they have a better chance of winning.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    The boys looked plain tired against Houston, like they had just spent a week working on the other side of the country. If they got some rest, they have a better chance of winning.
                    The problem with that excuse is they're flying back across the country for this game too.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't have the best vibes going into this one with a 2-game losing streak and an offense that looks like crap after maybe the worst offensive game of the Marshall era was played here last year where I believe we went on a late run to get up to 42 points for the game.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The problem with that excuse is they're flying back across the country for this game too.
                        And then right back to Wichita after that ... lots of travel early on here for a team that didn't have to leave home much the first two months.

Comment

Travel, youth, ego, rankings, coaching...lots of excuses to lean on if you want to wallow in self pity. It’s time to grow up young Shox! Don’t let a great season go to waste.

I picked a toss up until I see the attitude and effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

And then right back to Wichita after that ... lots of travel early on here for a team that didn't have to leave home much the first two months.
                            Thankfully the team will be home for a solid 2 weeks after the USF game. 2.5 home games (@Tulsa is a .5) and a 1 game week in there.

Comment

Power win!
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X