No announcement yet.

WSU VERSUS UNLV PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you who don't yet have tickets for the UNLV game, you can still go. The game is NOT sold out yet. There are still some tickets available for this BIG game.

Comment

I had a feeling we would be on here and sure enough:
      Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

Gary Parrish picks us to upset UNLV (appreciate the love, but he obviously has not been watching the Shox this year)

Seth Davis picks us to win too. (wow!)

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          Gary Parrish picks us to upset UNLV (appreciate the love, but he obviously has not been watching the Shox this year)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...?sct=cb_t11_a1

Wow! Those are both very complimentary articles. Garry Parrish GUARANTEES A SHOCKER WIN and says the only reason he calls it an upset is because UNLV is ranked and WSU is not.

While Seth Davis says:
          "In some ways, a win over Wichita State would be almost as impressive as beating the Tar Heels because it is a true road game against an NCAA tournament-caliber team."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1fQb42wrx

Both of these guys seem to have a higher opinion of our team than most Shockernetters have.

Comment

I feel like the Shox still treated Thursday's game as just another game and didn't play too seriously (with the exception of Hall and maybe Cotton). I think they will definitely come out with more fire on Sunday, along with the crowd. I think it is awesome that 2 sports analysts predicted us to win. I just hope they are right.

I also predict we will win, but not by much.

Shox: 71
            Rebs: 68

Comment

UNLV is a better team than WSU is at this time. The potential is there, but we have not put it together yet. Home court advantage will help to equalize the game but not enough.

UNLV 76
              WSU 67
              Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
              Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

The Shockers play very well at home against ranked teams. We are 3-1 against ranked teams at home since the 01-02 season. I have been lucky enough to be at all four games and I can't see us getting blown out. The only loss came at the hands of #23 SIU in 03-04 when we were down 15+ in the first half and came all the way back to tie it up before going on to lose by 5. It is obvious that we have some issues this season but IMO the team will leave those in the locker room for this game. This is the type of game where my voice will be gone for a few days following, the atmosphere will be electric.

Shox 78
                UNLV 73
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

KC Shox--"the day Shockerland stood still." How would this be possible? You, the "Shocker's devils advocate" pick us to win a game like this and FSF, the eternal optimist, picks us to lose. If this could "short circuit" the "basketball gods" in their mission of good versus evil at the Chuck, and we were to pull this upset win off--then Y_I_K_E_S!!!

Now back to reality. It is amazing that some experts are picking us to win this game, which demands the respect we have earned as a formidable home team that has done such feats in times past. However, our team is still in the "search mode" and UNLV beat North Carolina recently. Yikes!!!

So what does it all mean? Our hearts say "oh yeal" and our minds say, "anything is possible but a win is a long shot." Then there is the "eye of the tiger mentality." UNLV is for real and a ranked team that can exploit us and defeat us or even N.C. in a New York minute. However, WSU had UCONN on the ropes last year for much of the game, even with around a 43-14 free-throw disparity on a nuetral court. At the Chuck, we have fans that believe in modern day miracles and we will be loud. Our Shocks have to play for 40 much better than all Season thus far, to pull this upset off. Stranger things have happened and we have 5-Seniors. Stay tuned!!!
                  Last edited by forevershockerfan; December 2, 2011, 07:17 PM.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...?sct=cb_t11_a1
                    Oh nice, now when the shockers lose it won't be expected? suckage

I'm not a betting man so I have no clue, when do they start a "line" or whatever it's called on games. Curious cause I doubt the true experts in Vegas are going to favor WSU in this.

Comment

How many have actually seen UNLV play this year besides the almost perfect game against UNC???
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

BTW- Not only is Seth Davis (SI.com) picking us to win, he is 10-0 so far this season on his predictions. Let's hope we are not his first miss.

Comment

All I know is this: It's about freaking time we win a BIG non-con game (NIT excluded).

Shox fans will rise like a phoenix out of the pits of Hades and the boys will follow! Give me victory, or give me valley of death!!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Don't waste your time clicking on the link above, it is a joke. I will post the actual line once it becomes available.
                            Last edited by Ta Town Shocker; December 2, 2011, 10:15 PM.
                            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Hey guys, Sunday's game should be an all out war and I'm very excited for it! I just wanted to comment about the SI and ESPN blogs...We were also picked to lose to UCSB because it was a "trap game" now they're saying we're going to another "trap game" (i didn't know you could have back to back trap games). Also even in the late 80s and early 90s UNLV never got respect from east coast media, there's a reason a lot of older fans refer to us as UNLoVed...good luck to your guys on Sunday and here's to an injury free game! Go Rebs!

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                How many have actually seen UNLV play this year besides the almost perfect game against UNC???
                                UNLV fan here I have seen all the rebel games this year so I will help clear up the near perfect game vs. Unc. UNLV is shooting 47% from the field this season vs. Unc they shot 43%. The Rebels are shooting 37% from the three point line against Unc they were 13-32 40% one less make at the percentage goes to 37%. Unc only turned the ball over ten times so they were not handing the game to the Rebels. We out rebounded Unc about what we are averaging for the season. So many experts would like to spin it that the Rebels played out of there minds to win that just was not the case.

Here is to a good game on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X