WSU VERSUS UNLV PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shox win 75-74.
    Stutz always seems to come back after a rough game. He will return to scoring in double figures.

Comment

Rebels: 93
      Shocked: 70

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        I made you some Koolade.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by UNLVpride View Post
          Hey guys, Rebel fan here. I think this is going to be a very good game. I wasn't able to check out your game against CSF but I know they are an upper tier Big West team and you guys beat them pretty handily. Normally that wouldn't be something to boast about but the Big West is pretty dang good this year surprisingly. We have had some issues of our own that we need to work on, we let a 10 point lead with 2 minutes to go in regulation slip to UCSB and they took us to overtime and they were very close to stealing that win. We are tending to make a lot of stupid little mistakes on offense, especially at the end of the game and I think its due to the team still trying to adapt to the new offense that was implemented this year. We also let a 18 point lead slip to Nevada a few games back as well. So if you find your team to be playing lackluster in the first half, there is a very real chance they could come creeping back into the game. Your team has more than enough talent to give anybody a good game. I fully expect this one to be a very close game that could go either way. Good luck!

I have to say I like Rebel fans. There's a lot of schools out there with more than their fair share of obnoxious fans and you're not one. Good luck to you guys on Sunday--I hope both teams play very well.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

The Shox will get things together this season and start playing to their potential, but I have trouble believing that's going to suddenly happen in the next few days.

UNLV is playing tremendous basketball and we are nowhere near their level right now, even at home. I'd love for the Shox to pull this one out, but realistically I'm thinking the Rebels run away with this one:

Sin City U: 83
            River City State: 65
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              Seriously, put the crackpipe down and slowly move away from the keyboard.

Comment

I don't think the Rebs will blow WSU out. They didn't walk into UCSB and handle them all that well and Koch, I would assume, is a tougher place to play. The boys need to be ready to play from the opening tip, and if not they will find themselves in a hole early, but I think it will be a close game. I haven't seen what UNLV has inside, but if Garrett has even a half decent match up inside, WSU should be okay.

UNLV by 4 unless Kyles puts a little air under his jump shot.
                -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

I think WSU is going to be moderately successful controlling tempo, except for a little run about 5 minutes into that game that will put UNLV up by 8-10. It will stay that way for the rest of the game with the Shocks getting no closer than 5. Hope I'm seriously misguided on this one.

Rice - 75
                  Wheat - 68

Comment

The offense is struggling no doubt. That said, the defense is consistent. Good defense will always keep games close. Those that believe UNLV will win easily must be thinking that Larry Johnson and Stacey Augmon are still playing. It's only the 3rd real game at Koch and I expect the fan energy to be really high. That means good things for us winning by at least 8.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I think the Shocks will rise to the level of competition, and play hard. The NIT players from last year will keep us in it, plus have Hall. The question becomes our outside shooting, are we hitting our 3 ball? Hopefully Murry can get his midrange game going too. This will be no runaway game, this will be a hard fought game separated by no more than 5 points.

Comment

WSU is improving but UNLV seems to be at the top of their game right now. We are still turning the ball over too much and allowing opposing guards to break us down on the dribble too easily. If we can ever get those two things ironed out I think we have a pretty special team.

Each game is part of a process and you have to learn as much as you can from both the wins and losses and keep improving. I think UNLV wins by 5 but this group is definitely capable of pulling the upset. Either way I'm looking forward to a fun Sunday for basketball fans.

Comment

It's too easy to game plan against the Shox. Just play loose on the perimeter and tempt the guards to launch 3's. Keep the inside packed. A fast-paced game also tends to tempt the Shox into taking a lot of quick 3's. Back off of Murry and Williams for sure, and make Kyles prove he can hit before putting any pressure on him on the perimeter. Just don't use Hall's guy to double Stutz.

Then just sit back and wait for:
                          A) A few passes around the perimeter before launching a rim shot.
                          B) A lot of passes around the perimeter followed by something that doesn't work with the shot clock running down.
                          C) A turnover.

Until the Shox can put two guys on the court who are legitimate threats from the arc, I don't see them beating a team with the talent UNLV puts on the court - even in CKA. Maybe the D can frustrate the Rebs. My sunshine pump has fallen into a black hole. It's gonna take some sort of a big bang before it starts pumping sunshine again.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Watching the UNLV-UNC game, I remember wishing that the Shox could play to that level. They're coming along, and I really hope they win, but I think the Reb's are going to win it.

UNLV 88
                            WSU 78

Comment

I don't think it's any secret that UNLV is a solid team. Moser is a beast. And the Rebels can really take it to people. I watched the UNC game and UNLV was on fire from 3, made 13 if I remember correctly, and Barnes was playing hurt (not to take away from the win, seriously, congrats to the rebels). So if WSU can control the game like they did against UAB I see WSU winning a close one.

WSU 81
                              UNLV 76
                              “Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.”

Comment

I'm forcing myself to be optimistic.
                                Joe coming from his best game this year, shoots the 3 well and attacks the basket often.
                                Murry plays like he did early, unstoppable mid range pullups and floaters.
                                Ben Smith and Kyles challenge each other to be the first with 5 3pt's on 75% shooting
                                Garret Stutz gets stuffed by a teddy bear in practice and gets super mean... Dominates with a trip dub, 20-10-10(blks)
                                Carl Hall; See CSF.
                                Wessel forgets he's playing BBall and tackles UNLV Coach, welcoming him to CKA. Kidding.

In all seriousness, I think we look decent but seem outmatched and lose slowly in the end. I think this game will be similar to the Bama game this year, not from last year...
                                Rebels Roxin - 74
                                Shox Roxin - 65

Comment

Working...
                                X