WSU VERSUS UNLV PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS UNLV PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Here's the deal. I can't take it anymore. It was all I could do not to look past Cal to this big game. As I think of UNLV, I think of "Tark the Shark" suckin on that towel. If we play like we did in the first half tonight, we are milk-toast. How do we beat them? DEFENSE, work the ball inside, keep our crowd revved up, play smart for 40, and hit many inside shots first, then our wide open 3's, and also our throws. Otherwise, this could be a long night. At home sweet home, we can beat anybody. Thus, Cotton will steal a pass with 10 second left, fire the ball inside to Hall for the old fashion 3 point play to win at the buzzer in triple overtime. U like?

WSU---73

UNLV--72
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

66 to 65 Da Shoxs:pirate:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I hope we are turning the corner and win 73-69.
      I'm afraid we haven't turned the corner and get down big in the first half. We battle back in the 2nd half but still end up on the wrong side of a 73-69 score.

Comment

Not being fired up, no energy and no intensity like tonight on Sunday will kill us. Like HCGM said in the post game interview, "These guys will have to decide themselves what type of team they want to be". I try to be optimistic. Tonight's first half left me with a bad feeling about Sunday. I'm not sure the on court chemistry will be there yet on Sunday for a win over a team like UNLV. I truly hope I am wrong. As always...Go Shox!
        When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

If it's anything like tonight...

Shox 63
          Rebels 77
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This team is capable of winning, no doubt. However, I haven't seen anything in the last few games that makes me feel we can compete with the UNLV's or Creighton's of the world right now. So going by that:

UNLV - 73
            WSU - 62
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I just cannot predict us to lose at home. Hopefully we got all the ugly out of our system tonight.

WSU 78,
              UNLV 71

Comment

If it wasn't for a juco transfer with only 5 D1 games under his belt coming to the rescue, this team would have lost to a poor Fullerton one. 6 games into the season and there is no sign of chemistry, organization, teamwork, and passion. Nothing but sloppy play and head scratching mistakes.

Is this team all of sudden going to get their act together and play 40 minutes of great basketball in which we all think they are capable of doing in 2 1/2 days? I doubt it. Prediction - they come out sluggish once again and UNLV will develop an insurmountable lead. The Shox will make a small run in the second half but the energy spent on trying to come back will have taxed the Shox and UNLV pulls away by 13 at game's end.

Comment

Shocks win 63-60 or they lose 74-91.

Comment

Hey guys, Rebel fan here. I think this is going to be a very good game. I wasn't able to check out your game against CSF but I know they are an upper tier Big West team and you guys beat them pretty handily. Normally that wouldn't be something to boast about but the Big West is pretty dang good this year surprisingly. We have had some issues of our own that we need to work on, we let a 10 point lead with 2 minutes to go in regulation slip to UCSB and they took us to overtime and they were very close to stealing that win. We are tending to make a lot of stupid little mistakes on offense, especially at the end of the game and I think its due to the team still trying to adapt to the new offense that was implemented this year. We also let a 18 point lead slip to Nevada a few games back as well. So if you find your team to be playing lackluster in the first half, there is a very real chance they could come creeping back into the game. Your team has more than enough talent to give anybody a good game. I fully expect this one to be a very close game that could go either way. Good luck!

Comment

The way I see it, it won't be a blowout--either way. It should be a fairly competitive game. I think we rise to the level of the situation, and if you all recall--with one exception last year and this year (SDSU last season)--we don't get blown out. The fans will be amped for this one, and I seriously doubt the team will need any additional 'motivation' on this one.

We have a very solid home winning record--yes, we lost to SIU last season, but if you look back over the time HCGM has been here (and beyond) you see that we don't lose often in our home gym. Frankly I don't care how we win this one--just find a way. If we can slow down UNLV and make them play more of a half court game, we have more than a good chance of winning. The game the other night with UCSB shows that UNLV is vulnerable.

I think we'll pull it off. It might take overtime or just scratching a clawing our way to it, but we will find a way. If we don't, then we got beat by a really good team, and we're not as good a team as we might have thought a few weeks ago. Like coach said--do they want to be average, or much better? It's up to them. The opportunity for either is before them.

Comment

Shockaz- 128
                        UNLV- 128

The game ends in a tie
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          Shockaz- 128
                          UNLV- 128

The game ends in a tie
                          Perfect !!
                          [SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff0000]GO REBELS !![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

If I understand it correctly this will be Mike Kennedy's 1,000th consecutive Shocker broadcast (without a miss).

Bottom line is the team should be told that losing this particular game, regardless of who we are playing is simply not an option.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              Shocks win 63-60 or they lose 74-91.
                              +1
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X