Wichita State (#23) at Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post

Chiefs... also just kidding. Holy ****, I need to take Monday off after those two games!
    I needed a cigarette after those two games.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I liked the _thought_ of the coaching clinic. I didn't ultimately like the execution of it.

They should do it in short bursts and shut their traps with under 2:00 to go. Their opinion on anything during the stressful moments of a game is annoying as hell.

If they are going to bring out a clip board, they should analyze what DID occur, not what SHOULD happen or how THEY would do it. Nobody cares about that.

If they are going to be embedded with the two teams, it would be way cooler to do a two-team documentary style production, instead of them involving themselves from a coaching standpoint. If they would just give a ton of behind the scenes footage leading up to the game, for both teams -- THAT would be amazing.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
        1. I thought our guards handled UConn's press fairly well, until there at the end and then they didn't. What a great lesson for all of them. That tape will get worn out today.
        2. I was shocked that 3G's game plan was to get it into the post, given that UConn leads the league in blocked shots. Just goes to show what I know. But clearly Dan doesn't know how to scout, or his bigs don't listen to him, because Jaime kept taking it to his left and burning them.
        3. Not a huge fan of the "Coaches Clinic" but I will say this: Remember it wasn't that long ago when we were in the Mo Valley Clown conference and ESPN didn't even have talent in the arena during their broadcasts. Gillen and Lappas were annoying but no where near as annoying as that old bald-headed fart Dickie V. I'll take an experiment like that for a nationally broadcast game any day of the week!
        I guess I'm in the minority...I LIKED the idea of the coaches' clinic, and I LOVE Gillen....but it could use tweaking...

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
          but Danny Hurley seems to be one weird cat...
          I agree, not sure what it is about him but he gives me the creeps.

Comment

3. Not a huge fan of the "Coaches Clinic" but I will say this: Remember it wasn't that long ago when we were in the Mo Valley Clown conference and ESPN didn't even have talent in the arena during their broadcasts. Gillen and Lappas were annoying but no where near as annoying as that old bald-headed fart Dickie V. I'll take an experiment like that for a nationally broadcast game any day of the week!
            I liked the stuff from earlier in the week, but just shut up during the game and do normal color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
              I agree, not sure what it is about him but he gives me the creeps.
              Probably cause he looks like some sort of elf or something. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I mean Will Ferrell played a great one.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• "A study of NBA games done by 82games.com
                concluded that the defensive team is roughly four times more likely to blow the lead and have to play overtime if they choose to play defense, rather than foul in the closing seconds

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Thats not a Valley thing necessarily. In fact I dont even think the announcers were at the game against Memphis. I dont recall a shot of them TBH.

Anyhow - Coaches Clinic - good idea bad execution. Seems like our expectations were quite a bit different then what they had planned.

Comment

• Man, what a game... The last hour of this game plus the first half of the Chiefs game might be the craziest, most exhausting 3 hours of sports I've ever watched. How the hell do you give up a 9 point lead with a minute left in the game? Then not to be outdone, the Chiefs let the Texans score more points in a quarter then they have ever scored before to put themselves in a 24-0 hole, just to somehow come all the way back BEFORE halftime... Definitely never seen that lol. My Thoughts on the WSU game:

1. Glad we pulled this off in 2OT, because we royally chocked this one away. Some players really didn't play well down the stretch, but Marshall didn't help them very much either.
                    2. We don't win this game without Dex taking over part of OT. LOVED seeing that.
                    3. Imagine how good WSU will be when Marshall starts bringing in top 150 front court players to go with his back court.
                    4. GS and NF both were not good today.
                    5. I think JB is just as important to this team as ES.
                    6. I enjoy watching JE play. He has some real fire in him.
                    7. This team is playing no where near their potential and still winning games, which is very exciting. This team even playing 90% of what they can beats both Memphis and Uconn bu 20+.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

Thats not a Valley thing necessarily. In fact I dont even think the announcers were at the game against Memphis. I dont recall a shot of them TBH.

Anyhow - Coaches Clinic - good idea bad execution. Seems like our expectations were quite a bit different then what they had planned.
                      Yes, they were there; I was sitting near them.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Wesley's emergency room following yesterdays game... STAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Yes, they were there; I was sitting near them.
                          Right on. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

• I maintain that the coaches clinic thing is something I might enjoy to watch. For some random SEC game. I'm never going to want something like that going on during my game, as I care too much about just watching the game. I don't want cutaways to clipboards and poorly executed tri-screen when I'm trying to see every bit of my team's game.

I also agree with other comments that IDGAF what those coaches think they would do. If you want to provide me with some actual insight into what HAS happened, that could be really cool. They did break down a few plays, and those were the best part of what they were doing.

It also might help to not be playing an east coast team if they are going to assign to 2 east coast hacks to the game. By the 5-minute mark they had simply joined in with the arena in rooting for UConn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              I maintain that the coaches clinic thing is something I might enjoy to watch. For some random SEC game. I'm never going to want something like that going on during my game, as I care too much about just watching the game. I don't want cutaways to clipboards and poorly executed tri-screen when I'm trying to see every bit of my team's game.

I also agree with other comments that IDGAF what those coaches think they would do. If you want to provide me with some actual insight into what HAS happened, that could be really cool. They did break down a few plays, and those were the best part of what they were doing.

It also might help to not be playing an east coast team if they are going to assign to 2 east coast hacks to the game. By the 5-minute mark they had simply joined in with the arena in rooting for UConn.
                              Just an embarrassing broadcast by CBS. Even the play-by-play guy was actively rooting for them. I think he even called JE dumb once.

I'm so glad I don't pay for that POS network.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If we would have lost that game, it would be forever known as 'Slipgate'... need 'gifs' of some of the 'slips'...

Comment

Working...
                                X