No announcement yet.

Wichita State (#23) at Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The floor in that gym is substandard and not suitable for serious basketball. Kick UConn out of the league!

Oh, wait...
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
      Did anyone else notice how calm Lynn Marshall seemed the whole game, pretty much sat with her hands in her lap the whole game.
      Probably scared for her life around UConn fans!

Comment

• Hey does anyone know if these were the same refs that UCONN sent to Hawaii to call the game for Kimba Walkers group. Forty-two free throws to twenty-four looked familiar to me today. Their defense intensity was very good today and I just don”t see how we could be that more aggressive then them. Maybe I just feel that heartbreak from the way the Shockers were cheated about ten years ago.

Comment

• Strange how Poor Bear has fallen off the map. Didn’t even get in the game today.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
            Strange how Poor Bear has fallen off the map. Didn’t even get in the game today.
            yeah, and playin only 8 guys is gonna catch up to us

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

We played 10 guys but most of he minutes went to 8 guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Maybe. I hate to use them as an example but...KU plays like 6 dudes all the time. So do plenty of other teams.

We know Marshall wants to build depth as much as possible but winning is more important.

Comment

• 3G tried to play AM and Noah, that didn’t work out too well. Bench gets short in these types of games.

Comment

• Sorry if this was posted elsewhere.

Plus/Minus: Jamarius +11, Jamie +10, Ty +8. No one else more than +1.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        Sorry if this was posted elsewhere.

Plus/Minus: Jamarius +11, Jamie +10, Ty +8. No one else more than +1.
                        Burton is emerging as the type of player you absolutely hate to see on an opponent. His ability to get into the lane and make crazy shots in there is insane. It's pretty demoralizing to a defense to prevent a penetrating guard from getting to the basket, only to watch that guy make a twisting, off-balance shot from 8'.

Those crazy shots from Burton are starting to look they're not crazy shots. He makes too many of them.

There are still ups and downs, but Burton and Stevenson are looking like Sr's and (most of the time) Sherfield and Etienne are looking like Jr's.

Going to be tough recruiting perimeter players for a few years. Nobody is going to want to come to WSU behind the underclassmen we have in the back court. But, with the rep WSU perimeter players are getting in the NBA, some 50-100 guys who need development to make the league might be happy with a year or two of significant playing time under Marshall. Marshall has a pretty good track record getting that type of player into the league.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Whether or not you think ES is as good, or better, than RB, it's a great sign that we are having that conversation! Dude is a stud, with a bit of swagger!
                          Understatement of the decade.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Would LOVE to wade through 46 pages of this thread, but no time...and if it has been said, my apologies...but Danny Hurley seems to be one weird cat...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                              Shockers: I’m gonna almost ruin your Sunday! But just kidding!
                              Chiefs: hold my beer
                              Chiefs... also just kidding. Holy ****, I need to take Monday off after those two games!

Comment

• 1. I thought our guards handled UConn's press fairly well, until there at the end and then they didn't. What a great lesson for all of them. That tape will get worn out today.
                                2. I was shocked that 3G's game plan was to get it into the post, given that UConn leads the league in blocked shots. Just goes to show what I know. But clearly Dan doesn't know how to scout, or his bigs don't listen to him, because Jaime kept taking it to his left and burning them.
                                3. Not a huge fan of the "Coaches Clinic" but I will say this: Remember it wasn't that long ago when we were in the Mo Valley Clown conference and ESPN didn't even have talent in the arena during their broadcasts. Gillen and Lappas were annoying but no where near as annoying as that old bald-headed fart Dickie V. I'll take an experiment like that for a nationally broadcast game any day of the week!

Comment

Working...
                                X