Wichita State (#23) at Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Also, with all the bad takes in the last few pages AFTER securing the win, no way I'm reading this whole thread.

So, I'll just say, as one who has (and will) staunchly defended Burton and his FT shooting, he has got to make one of those at the end to put it away. No doubt about it.

Overall, good shooting from the Shox when they could get there today.
    He needs to dive off to the side and flip it up there during his FTs... Then they will go in

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He needs to dive off to the side and flip it up there during his FTs... Then they will go in
      Seriously though... It's truly mind blowing because JB makes some crazy shots and has one of the best mid range games on the team... Yet struggles at the FT line

Comment

• From what I see, the biggest achillis heel we have is that sometimes we just can't get a defensive rebound.

We gave up 18 offensive rebounds today.

It's not often, but when it happens, we have trouble.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Seriously though... It's truly mind blowing because JB makes some crazy shots and has one of the best mid range games in the country... Yet struggles at the FT line
          FIFY

Comment

• Whether or not you think ES is as good, or better, than RB, it's a great sign that we are having that conversation! Dude is a stud, with a bit of swagger!

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
              If we want perfect play we'll give Jordan, Kobe and LeBron a call, ...
              And Tekele.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                Pete Gillen is still the worst basketball announcer I've ever listened to. Steve Lappas isn't much better. I'll give them somewhat of a pass because the announcers tend to highlight the home team, but regardless of that, they're just bad. The Coaches' Clinic promotion was a total dud.
                There’s a reason they don’t coach anymore. I was cringing at the though of Pete Gillian giving Jamie suggestion on how to play post.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I didn't mention it but I'm glad you did.

He wanted the ball in that situation and he hit some clutch shots throughout the game. But if you want the ball in that situation, you better effing find a way to make 1 out of 2 damn free throws.
                  I was assuming that 3G just wanted to make sure Sherfield was the one going to the line which is why he wouldn’t change it up in the last minute. Sherfield is probably our best ft shooter. That strategy almost bit us in the ass, you gotta get the ball down the court.

Comment

• Did anyone else notice how calm Lynn Marshall seemed the whole game, pretty much sat with her hands in her lap the whole game.

Comment

• If we never play again at the XL Center, I would be fine with that.

That slippery floor over the ice is just ridiculous and extremely dangerous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Napoleon Dynamite View Post
                        If we never play again at the XL Center, I would be fine with that.

That slippery floor over the ice is just ridiculous and extremely dangerous.
                        We will never play at the mid major venue again.

Going out with the scoreboard...
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I was assuming that 3G just wanted to make sure Sherfield was the one going to the line which is why he wouldn’t change it up in the last minute. Sherfield is probably our best ft shooter. That strategy almost bit us in the ass, you gotta get the ball down the court.
                          You don't gotta get the ball down the court if you get fouled four times in the backcourt.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            UGonn
                            LMAO!!!

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Ok. I just saw the clip of Wade finishing “The Redbird.” That was great. Seems like GGG saves that for the special teams. Did Danny get one of those “teaching moments” that Dan Muller used to get?

Comment

• Stevenson's fifth foul was not well thought out. I'm confident he can learn from it.

Vital was breaking away for a layup. Stevenson chased him down and attempted to block the shot. The probability of a clean block approached 0%. The probability of getting a foul called approached 100%. Stevenson fouled Vital hard, and Vital missed the shot. Then he made 2 free throws, so there was no scoring advantage for the foul. Vital making 2 throws was the most likely outcome of fouling him.

The most likely outcome of fouling in that situation was that the score would be the same with or without the foul. However, when it's the fifth foul, it's probably best just to let the opponent have the uncontested layup.

At the end of regulation, I thought not fouling was probably best. There was too much of a possibility of our turning the ball over when inbounding and only up 1.

I thought Marshall showed LOTS of confidence in Sherfiled by leaving him in when he was getting mugged and losing the ball.

Winning this game swth ES and JE on the bench will give the players on the court without them some confidence that they can win games like this, even if JE and ES are either on the bench or not having good games.

We won this game with our top scorer fouled out and our starting post fouled out. There were just Fr and So's on the court at crunch time. On the road. With a crooked whistle. I welcome the return of the Road Warriors.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X