Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    This was another game we won because we have better talent.

Dan Hurley makes Gregg Marshall look like Mister Rogers. He will b*tch about anything and everything. Same goes for the crowd. There was a decent amount of booing in Koch on Thursday, but nothing compared to the crowd in Hartford. And they actually got a much better whistle today than we did on Thursday.

The officiating in this game was reminiscent of the 15-16 game at Seton Hall and the 12-13 game at Tennessee. Absolute ineptitude and a million makeup calls because of it.

Grant struggled a lot more than usual, but his talent shone through. He can do so much with the ball in his hand and is a wizard in the half court. He struggled against the press today, but everyone did. He’s still the guy I’m most comfortable with handling the ball.

Erik struggled decision making, but again, everyone did today.

Jaime is so good and so valuable. I wish we had him for another season. Marshall does not trust Midtgaard or Poor Bear at this time.

We crash the boards with reckless abandon and get so many additional possessions because of it.

Oh yeah, I think Dex is back.

Happy trails, UConn.

Leave a comment:

• Blackmag
    replied
    Players also have to take some responsibility for blowing a 9 point lead with 72 seconds left

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    I guess I'm a homer, but it seemed that we fouled everytime they drove to the basket, and that we got hammered on every drive, usually with no call

Leave a comment:

• moshock
    replied
    #ROADGAMESAREHARD #DANNYHURLEYISALITTLEBITCH

Leave a comment:

• im4wsu
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post

Sliding all over the place
    I’d say at least six slipped down, another 3-4 travels and multiple one-foot slips

Leave a comment:

• Veritas
    replied
    Originally posted by Rucyrius View Post
    Its like Marsahll is working for UConn
    Huh?

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Although it should never have got to OT, UConn had the momentum and a big advantage with the foul situation at the end of regulation. The Shockers showed great toughness and fortitude in grinding out the win in double OT when the ball just didn't seem to be bouncing there way today.

So great to have Dex back. We don't win today without him. JB is a tough competitor. Surprised he missed those 2 free throws at the end of the 2nd OT. Thought for sure he would make at least on of those.

Hopefully, threr will be some important lessons learned from this game that will provide benefits down the road. It's always better to learn those lessons in a win than in a loss.

I am taking up a collection for Coach Hurley if anyone wants to chip in.

I would like to send him a case of this:

and a I think he could also use this for his glasses:

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
    I didn't watch the game but I know the court is on ice. Were the players sliding and risking injury at that place?
    Sliding all over the place

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
    The first 3 to tie the game was a huge defensive lapse where I believe Dex came off his guy to stop Gilbert on the drive. He then kicked it out to a terrible 3 point shooter to tie. Give him the layup
    Dexter slipped on the low major ice rink floor

Leave a comment:

• shock-it-to-me
    replied
    OK, here was marshals explanation for not fouling: we had multiple players on the court with four fouls and after defensive switches, guys on the ball had four fouls and I guess he didn’t want to give up the foul for a player. Still though, I would’ve given the player up or he could’ve chose to make a substitution.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Don't even know what to say. What a F'ing game. GS Will learn from this. His first conference road game and we will be better because if. Refs were worse than I can remember..... pitiful. Win and advance is the theme of the day.

DEX IS BACK!

In other news, huge spike in heart attack victims reported by Wichita area hospital today.

Leave a comment:

• T.VuOP
    replied
    Coach definitely will face criticism for today game. We ended up winning. But, to lose 9 point lead in 1:10 is unacceptable

Leave a comment:

• Blackmag
    replied
    The first 3 to tie the game was a huge defensive lapse where I believe Dex came off his guy to stop Gilbert on the drive. He then kicked it out to a terrible 3 point shooter to tie. Give him the layup

Leave a comment:

• SHOCKvalue
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
    Passed out on page 19 after hearing Letta bijchhe dojheet.
    What'd I miss?
    ESL classes.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

I'm giving him an 'F' for end game management.
    He has demonstrated stubbornness before and thought he was getting away from it. However, it undeniably returned to form today.

The lack of using TO's when his Freshman PG was totally rattled was inexcusable.

The lack of end game smarts at the end of regulation and no foul was abysmal.
    No foul with less than 10 seconds?
    Really?
    But...once wasn't enough.
    End of the 2nd OT and he decided to let them take another trey... which luckily bounced in and out.

Try defending that rationale in earnest and you may be a true black and yellow fan - and also need to put the crack pipe down.

That is all.
    I dont agree with you all the time. Probably 50/50. But this is one of those times I agree.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X