• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Actually it did.
    Actually it did not

Comment

• I can be critical of players in the heat of the moment but let me say two things about players I've been critical of:

-JB has things to work on (court vision, decision making, etc), but he is capable of doing things on offense that no one else on the team can do. He had a couple of high level finishes. That right hand finger roll while fading away to the right was incredible.

-Grant Sherfield: I still think the ball sticks in his hands during ball screen continuity, but I understand why Gregg went to it. Memphis was triple switching all of our set plays and completely blowing them up. Gregg wanted the ball in our best ball handlers hand - which is far and away GS. When he has the ball in the last 2 minutes of a game we are leading you gotta feel pretty confident he's not going to turn it over. Dude is nails with the ball.

If MU doesn't brick 4 free throws in a row and we convert a couple of layups this game isn't close. We absolutely dominated them on the offensive glass. It was as impressive of a performance on the glass that I've seen in a long time.

This team got punk'd against WVU and very clearly has decided that that isn't going to happen again. To be cliche, this team has "it".
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Offensive rebound %: Memphis 36.6, WSU 35.3
        Defensive rebound %: Memphis 64.7, WSU 63.7

Rebounding was basically a push. Dexter (4), Mo (3), and Wade (3) were MONSTERS on the offensive glass.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Shout-out to Echinique and Sherfield for missing a dunk and a layup to take the spotlight off of Dex's missed dunk. Great move of solidarity. True teammates.
          LOL , that's what we said after the game also.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I guess I'm in the camp that 100% sees in Lomax what Gregg loved about him...if he WAS here, we'd love him as well...
            Agree, and I don't think he would be having 5 tournovers at this point in his career if playing for GM

Comment

• 1. Mike Miller is a good coach, but not good enough last night.
              2. Dex played angry.
              3. AM has his place, they're not all gonna be lottery picks.
              4. If we had Lomax, we'd love him.
              5. Crowd was about as good as I ever heard it.
              6. Precious is a top-ten pick this summer.
              7. JB loses the ball when he backs people down, no?
              8. The Memphis press ain't much (and it should be)
              9. Trey Wade just goes to work.
              10. I'd swear they blocked 15-20 shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                -Grant Sherfield: I still think the ball sticks in his hands during ball screen continuity, but I understand why Gregg went to it. Memphis was triple switching all of our set plays and completely blowing them up. Gregg wanted the ball in our best ball handlers hand - which is far and away GS. When he has the ball in the last 2 minutes of a game we are leading you gotta feel pretty confident he's not going to turn it over. Dude is nails with the ball.

I.
                Astute analysis of what Memphis was doing on Defense. They were also calling out our plays. May not be Penny, but someone on that bench can coach a little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                  A lot of great takes already...

To beat an already dead horse... I’ve never in my life seen someone so confidently miss free-throws than MU. That young man couldn’t drop the ball into a black-hole while getting sucked through it.
                  Wow, that is pretty harsh. He powered in two shots close to the basket and rebounded. He did make a couple of free throws. He does need to work on technique. Would be helpful to get up to 70 percent or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    anybody got a link to Penny's presser?
                    Head coach Penny Hardaway's post-game presser following the team's game against Wichita State on Thursday.
                    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

1. Mike Miller is a good coach, but not good enough last night.
                      2. Dex played angry.
                      I agree that we would love Lomax if he was on our team. I wouldn't trade him for JB. Sometimes things just work out for the best.
                      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Interesting to hear Penny talk about JB and the difference in game planning him from last year to last night.
                        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

1. Mike Miller is a good coach, but not good enough last night.
                          2. Dex played angry.
                          It's splitting hairs here, but I might give this one the nod over 2015 UNI and 2013 Creighton for one reason. It was easy to get ramped for those other games because they took place on a Saturday afternoon. You have your whole day to get the juices going. Yesterday was at 6pm on a weeknight. People were undoubtedly arriving to the game shortly after leaving work. The crowd energy sometimes can ease its way into pandemonium with a late-arriving crowd. Not yesterday. It was basically full and raucous from the start.
                          78-65

Comment

• JB has his moments where he gets himself in trouble.

But he makes plays too. Kinda like MM last year. Some head scratchers, but my God some of his moves and buckets last night....
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                              Penny actually did an excellent job in this post game. Had some good content.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12eagle View Post

Actually it did not
                                Actually it did.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X