"Wichita" Eagle calls Wichita State "Midmajor"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

And lets take note of the four shocker netters that were more offended by my suggestion to the Eagle that an employee be held accountable for being bad at his job and making an incompetent stupid blunder which may or may not have been intended as a back handed slam on the Shockers. When my employees are incompetent, I personally fire them.
    Yeah go ahead and take note. This is not something that should get a person fired. If you would fire someone over this then you’re an asshole. Your problem not mine.

Comment

My take:

1. The usage of "Mid-Major" is a very poor descriptive of Wichita State Basketball,
      2. The journalist should not be fired,
      3. The article should not have been changed, perhaps a footnote at the end with a comment regarding the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

Perhaps someone needs to have a talk with the Littleton PD?
        After all my speeding tickets, I’m sure they’re sick of talking to me.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

To suggest that someone should be fired or even reprimanded for writing that WSU is a mid major is laughable. It’s the behavior of a bratty child. It’s honestly worse than what this guy wrote in the article.

He’s wrong of course, WSU is not mid major. By all means email, tweet, tumbl, Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, snail mail, telegraph, telegram this guy and tell him why he’s wrong. Hell, even threaten to (or actually) cancel your subscription. If you’re respectful and make a good case, and in this instance that shouldn’t be hard, and he’s a reasonable person then it’s a simple misunderstanding that can be remedied. If he’s not then move on with your life and don’t read his work, there is no shortage of content on the internet.

Don’t suggest he lose his job. It makes you look like an idiot...at best.

I’m not offended, I’m embarrassed.
          Last edited by pie n eye; January 5, 2020, 05:08 PM.

Comment

When my employees are incompetent, I personally fire them.
            With this type of management philosophy I would imagine you have a chronically understaffed and undertrained business. I can only assume you are a Freddy's franchisee.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Cancel culture at work.

Comment

I hate the Chiefs because of all of this NE Ks attitude

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you but I am 100% sure I will make some sort of mistake at work this week. Does anyone know the website for unemployment benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
                    I don't know about the rest of you but I am 100% sure I will make some sort of mistake at work this week. Does anyone know the website for unemployment benefits?
                    www.youf%#@edupagain.com or www.onestrikeandyouareout.com
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      I hate the Chiefs because of all of this NE Ks attitude
                      That is exactly how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
                        some mistakes you get fired for

Comment

This little group is very entertaining!!

Comment

And lets take note of the four shocker netters that were more offended by my suggestion to the Eagle that an employee be held accountable for being bad at his job and making an incompetent stupid blunder which may or may not have been intended as a back handed slam on the Shockers. When my employees are incompetent, I personally fire them.
                            Add me to your list. You were being ridiculous

Comment

This little group is very entertaining!!
                              Keep it updated. It will come in handy when, umm? What’s this for?
                              Livin the dream

Comment

It was a dumb mistake. That's it. It was corrected.

Comment

Working...
                                X