No announcement yet.

"Wichita" Eagle calls Wichita State "Midmajor"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you try and pronounce KWCH, it sounds like 'cooch'. That's kinda cool.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      If you try and pronounce KWCH, it sounds like 'cooch'. That's kinda cool.
      It doesn't sound that way to me. When I try to pronounce it, it sounds like quack. The KW sounds like the "kw" in Kwanzaa and the CH sound like the "ch" in Koch.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

It doesn't sound that way to me. When I try to pronounce it, it sounds like quack. The KW sounds like the "kw" in Kwanzaa and the CH sound like the "ch" in Koch.
        But Kung Wu's way is funnier!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          When I try to pronounce it, it sounds like quack.
          Give in to your hate, young padawan.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Quich
            Livin the dream

Comment

• I've primarily watched KWCH since television was invented, but have to admit, those days are coming to an end.
              Unfortunately, going away like my Kodachrome...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This is just what the elitist up around Lawrence and Kansas City love to see, anything to belittle Wichita or Wichita State. Anyone with half a brain knows better, including that little cheater Billy Self.

Comment

• eternal happiness.jfif
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Hayden Barber at it again. I can’t say I’m a fan of his.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      Hayden Barber at it again. I can’t say I’m a fan of his.
                      Where?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Where?
                        Kansas.com

I don’t want to encourage this guy by giving any more clicks. I probably blew that by posting. Basically said that Tulsa = Wichita State because once upon a time we both had young teams. Or something. Never mind the 9+ NCAA tournaments, plus several years of NIT surrounding that run.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Kansas.com

I don’t want to encourage this guy by giving any more clicks. I probably blew that by posting. Basically said that Tulsa = Wichita State because once upon a time we both had young teams. Or something. Never mind the 9+ NCAA tournaments, plus several years of NIT surrounding that run.
                          Just read it. It was certainly more of a comparison of youth than anything else. His comparisons were a stretch and not easy to follow, but not like some of his past WSU articles. It was more like this:

I'll link it: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...link=mainstage
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I have to wonder if Dayton has to put up with this crap. Or San Diego State. Or even (shudder) Creighton. Does the Philadelphia Inquirer write backhanded articles about Villanova? In our own conference, does the Houston Chronicle or the Cincinnati Enquirer actively push narratives that the Cougars and the Bearcats, respectively, are inferior to the state P5 programs?

Edit: after reading the article, I will say I read nothing in it disparaging about WSU, nor are there any backhanded compliments. It's actually pretty well done. After the first two attempts at journalism went horribly astray, Barber might have actually got the message to remove his P5 bias from his writing.

With that said, my above questions are still valid. Barber will have to write more than one redeeming article before I'm convinced he's changed his ways.
                            Last edited by Rocky Mountain Shock; January 31, 2020, 09:42 AM.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I read it yesterday and didn't read it as mid-major. It was tough to follow though. Poorly written.

Comment

• I think this kid ignorantly not maliciously called WSU the “MM” word and undecipherable articles with meaningless comparisons are not helping his cause. This is yet another article that needed heavy editing yet made it to print.

Shocker fans can have long memory. The Eagle needs to do this kid a favor and re-assign him to another beat. Not sure Shocker fans and this kid will ever click

Comment

Working...
                                X