No announcement yet.

"Wichita" Eagle calls Wichita State "Midmajor"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we really want to get them to change we need to tell them we feel threatened by this kind of language. We don't feel safe when called mid-major.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

And lets take note of the four shocker netters that were more offended by my suggestion to the Eagle that an employee be held accountable for being bad at his job and making an incompetent stupid blunder which may or may not have been intended as a back handed slam on the Shockers. When my employees are incompetent, I personally fire them.
      Trying to shame fellow shocker fans, eh? Nicely done...

People make mistakes all the time, going straight for the axe after one mistake is extreme. We all were frustrated by Kunkel, but that was a pattern of behavior. Barber appears to be a young guy. He should be held accountable, but that's just an opportunity for learning and growth. Not to throw somebody out on the street.

Edit: also I'm glad I don't work for you.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

It does not matter that they are trying to change the article at this time. (basically trying to contain the damage from our people over their stupidity) Their NE Kansas attitude will never change. They will do everything, say anything, to keep people thinking that Wichita and Wichita State is " Mid Major" or substandard and beneath Kansas City, Topeka,Lawrence, Manhattan, Chidkenhawks, and the Kittycats. When will the Wichita people acknowledge the greatness of the NE of Kansas?

That's why I say fuk them every chance I get. THERE WILL BE NO PRISONERS AND NO MERCY. I have had to listen and hear this bulshit for over 30 years since I graduated from WSU and move to the NE for a job for my family. I stop talking to all those clowns over 5 years ago. It is a waste of time. But now we cant even read the Eagle without having to encounter their arrogant and ignorant state of mind.

The knowledge by NE Kansas fans, the KC star sports writers and local radio hosts has no limit on arrogance and ignorance about Wichita. And now that the KC star owns the Wichita Eagle we have to read articles in the Eagle about what Bill Self thinks of the shocker basketball potential. Who gives a Fuk what this cheating piece of sht thinks? Fuk Bill in his red face cheating a$$. Fuk non coaching B. Weber in his stupid a$$. Fuk the radio hosts at 810 and 610 radio that say our Coach will be hired away in 5 years. I am done, but I wanted shocker fans to know my position on these issues. Go Shocks.

Comment

Totally agree. We just canceled the Eagle for this very reason..dying on the vine it is..

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
            It does not matter that they are trying to change the article at this time. (basically trying to contain the damage from our people over their stupidity) Their NE Kansas attitude will never change. They will do everything, say anything, to keep people thinking that Wichita and Wichita State is " Mid Major" or substandard and beneath Kansas City, Topeka,Lawrence, Manhattan, Chidkenhawks, and the Kittycats. When will the Wichita people acknowledge the greatness of the NE of Kansas?

That's why I say fuk them every chance I get. THERE WILL BE NO PRISONERS AND NO MERCY. I have had to listen and hear this bulshit for over 30 years since I graduated from WSU and move to the NE for a job for my family. I stop talking to all those clowns over 5 years ago. It is a waste of time. But now we cant even read the Eagle without having to encounter their arrogant and ignorant state of mind.

The knowledge by NE Kansas fans, the KC star sports writers and local radio hosts has no limit on arrogance and ignorance about Wichita. And now that the KC star owns the Wichita Eagle we have to read articles in the Eagle about what Bill Self thinks of the shocker basketball potential. Who gives a Fuk what this cheating piece of sht thinks? Fuk Bill in his red face cheating a$$. Fuk non coaching B. Weber in his stupid a$$. Fuk the radio hosts at 810 and 610 radio that say our Coach will be hired away in 5 years. I am done, but I wanted shocker fans to know my position on these issues. Go Shocks.
            I also lived in NW KS for several years and you are right. If you haven't lived it you just can't understand the level of arrogance, and the immense insecurity they have towards anything Wichita. If not being derogatory they simply pretend it doesn't exist.

Comment

Eh, there are important things in life, and others not so much. This one isn’t big enough to get a case of the red-ass over.

Comment

This seemed to have been handled well by the Eagle after the initial publishing disaster. This is the response I received from Jeff Rosen:

Fair point. The "mid-major" reference unnecessarily tainted a story that was otherwise positive. We've updated it to remove those references.
                Thanks for reading,
                Jeff
                Jeff Rosen

Assistant Managing Editor/Sports

Kansas City Star

Wichita Eagle

P 816-234-4706

E jrosen@kcstar.com

W kansascity.com/sports kansas.com/sports
                McClatchy Facebook McClatchy Twitter McClatchy LinkedIn

"It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                  This seemed to have been handled well by the Eagle after the initial publishing disaster. This is the response I received from Jeff Rosen:

Fair point. The "mid-major" reference unnecessarily tainted a story that was otherwise positive. We've updated it to remove those references.
                  Thanks for reading,
                  Jeff
                  Jeff Rosen

Assistant Managing Editor/Sports

Kansas City Star

Wichita Eagle

P 816-234-4706

E jrosen@kcstar.com

W kansascity.com/sports kansas.com/sports
                  McClatchy Facebook McClatchy Twitter McClatchy LinkedIn
                  I received the identical response to my email.

Comment

Not that this really matters directly to the merits of the specific issue , but I’ve never been too impressed with the guy as a reporter, mainly because I have asked him several questions on Twitter about certain things (basic information) and he has failed to answer me. These are things like stats and previews that only he knows the answer to. He seems more focused on getting likes from the 16 and 17 year old subjects he covers. While I understand this is important in social media accounts, you should never lose your way with independent readers. Almost an immaturity of sorts, which makes sense given his insensitive comment.

To speak in 2020 campus talk, his micro aggression triggered us all.

Comment

Going to be sad the day Taylor decides to move on. Can you imagine a KU grad as the WSU beat writer?

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post

Trying to shame fellow shocker fans, eh? Nicely done...

People make mistakes all the time, going straight for the axe after one mistake is extreme. We all were frustrated by Kunkel, but that was a pattern of behavior. Barber appears to be a young guy. He should be held accountable, but that's just an opportunity for learning and growth. Not to throw somebody out on the street.

Edit: also I'm glad I don't work for you.
                        What response did you get from the Eagle. Ohh that's right, instead of trying to actually change something in this world, you chose to spend your time being offended by someone that actually did something.

Comment

Every day, through your actions you teach people how to treat you and the things you care about. If this would have been tolerated this time, then another article in the future would have been written the same way. And then another, until it became common place. By making a big deal out of it this time, the likelihood the Eagle or the writer will use the term again to describe WSU is greatly reduced.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            Every day, through your actions you teach people how to treat you and the things you care about. If this would have been tolerated this time, then another article in the future would have been written the same way. And then another, until it became common place. By making a big deal out of it this time, the likelihood the Eagle or the writer will use the term again to describe WSU is greatly reduced.
                            Actually Kunkel is proof of that. He was, to me, a different, more in tune reporter towards us after he was chastised for making his comment about our schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by MTXEShox View Post
                              Totally agree. We just canceled the Eagle for this very reason..dying on the vine it is..
                              Welcome to the 21st century.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

And lets take note of the four shocker netters that were more offended by my suggestion to the Eagle that an employee be held accountable for being bad at his job and making an incompetent stupid blunder which may or may not have been intended as a back handed slam on the Shockers. When my employees are incompetent, I personally fire them.
                                What a narcissist.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X