"Wichita" Eagle calls Wichita State "Midmajor"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
    Heying just looking to inject some drama into his article by working the underdog mid major angle. Pretty natural for journalists to do that... accuracy secondary to a good story. Not really acceptable for a local journalist to do that however.
    Accuracy secondary to bias for writers who are KU fans. Calling WSU a mid-major plays well with KU fans, maybe some KSU fans, but to absolutely no one else in 95% (or so) of sports writers.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

This has also been posted to the Shocker Faithful Facebook group.

Sorry, this really has me fired up. I know the Eagle has been taken over by NE Kansas, but I didn't expect this. This is outrageous.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I mean you expect this from the KC Sta...

oh never mind. Why are we surprised again?

Comment

KWCH Channel 12 is about as bad... the local team continues to get less and less coverage. Their 9 o’clock news (sports) on the CW had numerous game highlights and a live post game report and coaches interview from Lawrence. Following all the slobbering and stroking of Doke, they had short highlights from the WSU game... no player or coaches interviewed. Hopefully they’ll give us our due following the football game. Poor K-State, they really got the scraps.

Here’s the KWCH sports team and I’m not blaming them; the news director is ultimately responsible... guess they need to realize who really butters their bread.

Last edited by WstateU; January 4, 2020, 11:22 PM.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            KWCH Channel 12 is about as bad... the local team continues to get less and less coverage. Their 9 o’clock news (sports) on the CW had numerous game highlights and a live post game report and coaches interview from Lawrence. Following all the slobbering and stroking of Doke, they had short highlights from the WSU game... no player or coaches interview. Hopefully they’ll give us our due following the football game. Poor K-State, they really got the scraps.

People still watch the local sports coverage for WSU? SN is the best source of news and discussion around.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

People still watch the local sports coverage for WSU? SN is the best source of news and discussion around.
              You're all welcome. I accept PayPal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                This has also been posted to the Shocker Faithful Facebook group.

Sorry, this really has me fired up. I know the Eagle has been taken over by NE Kansas, but I didn't expect this. This is outrageous.
                True that NE Kansas and Kansas City is a nemesis to just about anything Wichita. In fact a more interesting story for Heying might be the fact that "Wichita and WSU succeed despite ongoing negativity on the part of NE Kansas". Of course he ain't going to write that...

Comment

This is just one of the dumbest things I have read in awhile. Even espn doesn’t call the AAC a mid major but our local paper does.

Comment

Jeff Rosen is the sports editor. Email address:

JRosen@wichitaeagle.com
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

My email to Jeff Rosen:

Your reporter Mr. Barber referring to WSU as "Mid-major" is beyond unacceptable. This program has outgrown that derogatory label nationally and for the local paper to still try and apply it is absurd. It reeks of your Kansas City ownership along with the KU bias that accompanies it. This reporter should be fired or at the very least make a public apology for his gross disrespect.

Comment

wichita state was never mid-major to begin with. ever.

just like villanova.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                          wichita state was never mid-major to begin with. ever.

just like villanova.
                          Hmmm -- is that the non-Power 5 football (and thus apparently mid-major) Villanova tthat the Chickenhawks can't find a way to beat?

Maybe the Eagle should transcend Wichita and start calling itself the Kansas Eagle. Or if that ruffles too many feathers up northeast, the Southern Kansas Eagle.
                          Last edited by WSUwatcher; January 5, 2020, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

Hmmm -- is that the non-Power 5 football (and thus apparently mid-major) Villanova tthat the Chickenhawks can't find a way to beat?
                            before their run under jay wright, i definitely ranked wichita state above villanova. no doubt.

'remember when antoine carr caught that half-court alley oop pass? for the dunk. yes, i/m going there.. marshall should too.

Comment

This is as embarrassing as Kunkle a few years ago. At least we got a satisfying apology out of him after his blunder.

Comment

I am cancelling my subscription and letting them know why. This is totally unacceptable.

Comment

Working...
                                X