Wichita State vs Ole Miss Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Shocktocles - What player leads the team in FG % combing the past two seasons? It may interest you to know it is AM at
    61% and JE is at 54% not to shabby. Historically your posts have ben pretty good but not the last couple. Now, I agree with
    you on one point and that is ole Miss will be a tough game and we better be prepared. In addition, the conference will be
    tough, as well. I want to see AM and MU get minutes every game cause they are going to be the guys there next year and
    they both need to play in tough conference games. AM did the job last season and I suspect he will be counted on again.
    GM has commented several times that AM is the best screener and passer of our four centers and over the past two seasons
    our highest % shooter. He may not get the rebounds himself but look how far he blocks out his side of the lane to allow a
    guard to get an uncontested rebound. MU playing better on offense but needs to reduce his mental lapses on defense.
    Just curious as to what record you thought we would have at this point???? Have we exceeded your expectations?
    Being one of the worst rated defensive players in the country is not "getting it done last year".
    While AM sets a good screen initially. He then proceeds to throw off the timing of our offense, partially because after screening he is so slow rotating back that the defense doesn't have to switch after his screen which negates much of the value of the screen.
    I am guessing that next year, MU, Bilau, Chandler and occasionally AM will play the 5 .

Having said that, I am glad to have AM on the team. There are a few games each year when there is a favorable match up, which allows him to make a positive contribution. He has a good attitude. Not everyone can be in the regular rotation. Having a player that isn't in it that can occasionally help the team is a very nice thing to have. Especially one that is 7ft.

Comment

Three responses to the JE griping post:

1 Even though your analysis is wrong, your facts are weak.
      2. Recency Bias Flu has bit you in the ass and spread to your frontal lobe, apparently a short distance.
      3. Go root for Central Arkansas for a month and gain some perspective.
      Last edited by shoxlax; January 2, 2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Three responses to top post:

1 Even though your analysis is wrong, your facts are weak.
        2. Recency Bias Flu has bit you in the ass and spread to your frontal lobe, apparently a short distance.
        3. Go root for Central Arkansas for a month and gain some perspective.
        My analysis is not wrong and my facts are completely accurate.

You have embarrassed yourself by resorting to name calling, because you have nothing to counter the accuracy of my post.
        Your credibility as a poster just took a serous hit. I feel bad for you.

Comment

Marsahll: AM is our best screener

Topshock: "...after screening he is so slow..."

Gee, how can I know who to believe?
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Marsahll: AM is our best screener

Topshock: "...after screening he is so slow..."

Gee, how can I know who to believe?
            I believe I said his initial screens were good. Please try not to misquote. Apparently there is some reason he is playing very little. Guess that means GM agrees with me, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I believe I said his initial screens were good. Please try not to misquote. Apparently there is some reason he is playing very little. Guess that means GM agrees with me, right?
              I can certainly see how you chose your name for this forum. You do seem to have a rather high opinion of yourself.

I did a copy/paste from your post. Really hard to misquote using that technique.

I am glad to hear that GM consults and agrees with you. There - that time I actually misquoted you. I thought I might need to give you an example of an actual misquote so you can learn to tell the difference.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I can certainly see how you chose your name for this forum. You do seem to have a rather high opinion of yourself.

I did a copy/paste from your post. Really hard to misquote using that technique.

I am glad to hear that GM consults and agrees with you. There - that time I actually misquoted you. I thought I might need to give you an example of an actual misquote so you can learn to tell the difference.
                Picking part of a sentence from a quote when the first part says "While AM sets a good screen initially" is definitely misquoting. Are you really this stupid?

Comment

Picking part of a sentence from a quote when the first part says "While AM sets a good screen initially" is definitely misquoting. Are you really this stupid?
                  Aren’t you the one that renegotiated someone for name calling like 5 minutes ago?
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Aren’t you the one that renegotiated someone for name calling like 5 minutes ago?
                    Asking someone if they are stupid after they have demonstrated behavior indicating they might be, is not name calling. It is asking a question.

Comment

Being one of the worst rated defensive players in the country is not "getting it done last year".
                      While AM sets a good screen initially. He then proceeds to throw off the timing of our offense, partially because after screening he is so slow rotating back that the defense doesn't have to switch after his screen which negates much of the value of the screen.
                      I am guessing that next year, MU, Bilau, Chandler and occasionally AM will play the 5 .

Having said that, I am glad to have AM on the team. There are a few games each year when there is a favorable match up, which allows him to make a positive contribution. He has a good attitude. Not everyone can be in the regular rotation. Having a player that isn't in it that can occasionally help the team is a very nice thing to have. Especially one that is 7ft.
                      It is hard to believe that this post, which I thought was fairly vanilla set this group of established AM lovers into such attack mode.

Comment

It is hard to believe that this post, which I thought was fairly vanilla set this group of established AM lovers into such attack mode.
                        I’ve disagreed with your AM opinion on multiple occasions and still question the infallibility of “worst rated defensive player in the country” stat but I thought the post in question was an attempt at a more measured approach to discussing Big Mit. Nothing wrong with having different opinions. The way those opinions are presented makes all the difference.

Comment

They need to get Big Mitt some foot speed and coordination drills. Maybe some football drills, you know the one where you run as fast as you can through a cargo net. Things like that should be his primary focus to increase his game speed and reaction times.

People need to tell AM every day that he's fast, not big and slow. And I'd love to see him at what I would consider him at 100% energy exertion. I think I see him what looks to be around 80% intensity most of the time.

Comment

I think AM does a good job on screens. He is our best pick and roll guy in my opinion. The problem is our guards don't make the pass to him when he rolls. Last year Torres executed this with AM several times and he scored or got fouled most of the time. I'm hoping that JB and GS learn how to better execute it because it will help us get more easy inside buckets which we need.
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                              They need to get Big Mitt some foot speed and coordination drills. Maybe some football drills, you know the one where you run as fast as you can through a cargo net. Things like that should be his primary focus to increase his game speed and reaction times.

People need to tell AM every day that he's fast, not big and slow. And I'd love to see him at what I would consider him at 100% energy exertion. I think I see him what looks to be around 80% intensity most of the time.
                              Find the highlight from the NIT game last year where he chased down the dribbler from mid court, walled up and blocked the layup. He extents that energy all the time.

Comment

Lets just look at some facts
                                Kenpom offensive rating against tier A and B opponents this year
                                JE:113.7
                                MU: 128.9
                                IPC: 118.8
                                AM: 84.1

Synergy Offensive percentile rank
                                JE: 90%
                                MU: 95%
                                IPC: 26%
                                AM: 34%

Synergy Defensive percentile rank
                                JE: 81%
                                MU: 71%
                                IPC: 90%
                                AM: 74%

Usual disclaimers about sample size and the way synergy figures defensive stats apply.

Comment

Working...
                                X