Clear All

• Wichita State vs Ole Miss Pre-Game Discussion

Description: WICHITA STATE VS OLE MISS
    When: JAN 4 (SAT) 3:00 P.M.
    Where: WICHITA, KAN. CHARLES KOCH ARENA
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM https://keyn.radio.com/
    TV: ESPNU

Summary:
    Coach Kermit Davis’s arrival helped trigger a quick turnaround last season, leading to an eight-win improvement nobody expected. Ole Miss had two members, senior guard Breein Tyree (first team) and junior guard Devontae Shuler (second team) selected for Preseason All-SEC honors. The athletic backcourt duo of Tyree and Shuler, should enable the Rebels to apply perimeter pressure and force turnovers. Sophomore Luis Rodriguez went down with a foot injury in late November, and the Rebels have struggled to find consistent play from beyond the six or seven best players on the roster. Ole Miss was picked 8th out of 14th teams in the SEC.

Currently 9 wins and 3 losses, with a Q1 record of 1 and 3. They lost by 1 point at #9 Memphis, lost at home to #11 Butler by 9 points, Oklahoma State slaughtered the Rebels on a neutral court by 41 points, but they were able to beat #21 Penn State by 2 points at a neutral site. The Rebels have had no games for the last week, so they should be well prepared for the Shockers.

Odd Makers:
    Vegas: WSU by 8.0
    DRatings: TWSU 90% by 12.3
    ESPN: WSU 78%
    INCCSTATS: WSU 79% by 9.0
    KenPom: WSU 76% by 7.5
    Massey: WSU 80% by 9.0
    Nolan: WSU by 10.0
    Sagarin: WSU by 10.0
    Torvik: WSU 87% by 11.3
    Wilson: WSU 84% by 16.0
    Shocks Win by 10+
    38.71%
    Shocks Win by 5+
    41.94%
    Shocks Win by 1+
    8.06%
    Toss Up - Could Go Either Way
    6.45%
    Shocks Lose by 1+
    0%
    Shocks Lose by 5+
    3.23%
    Shocks Lose by 10+
    1.61%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 4, 2020, 09:59 AM. Reason: Updated Prediction Model

This game is gonna be harder for us than VCU. Unless we bring it, and if we do, it'll still be a good game.

Comment

Today’s game will remind everyone how focused you have to be for every game. Shocks by 13.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

IT'S SHARK WEEK!!!

WuShark vs Tony the Shark.JPG

Tony the Shark - 67

WuShark = 79

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          IT'S SHARK WEEK!!!

Tony the Shark - 67

WuShark = 79
          Don't want to turn this into a political thing, but seeing their "new" mascot makes me wonder how long it will be before Ole Miss and UNLV will need to change their mascot name.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            IT'S SHARK WEEK!!!

Tony the Shark - 67

WuShark = 79
            Let’s give Tony the Shark the old Sharknado treatment.

Last edited by WstateU; January 2, 2020, 08:42 AM.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The shocks better come ready to play against Mississippi/ Their record is deceiving. Yes they are 9-3 but look at who they have lost to and who they have beat. They lost to Memphis, Butler, and OSU. And OSU had their best player the pg for that game. They have also beat Penn State. And Penn State is ranked. The Shocks show up playing like they have for the last 2 games and its not going to be pretty. On top of that, the Rebels have had a week to prepare.

JE better get his sht together. All that pump faking to miss a 3 foot bunny is not going to cut it. Seems like he spends more time dancing on the sideline and trying to get the crowd pumped up instead of dunking the dam ball. AM, not sure why his nick name is God Bear? He doesnt play like a God Bear. He plays soft. He cant catch the freeking ball, he misses point blank layups, and when he finally gets a rebound he standing on the out of bounds line. Tired of watching guards go to the cup and score over him. He is 7 ft.I am sorry but I was certainly expecting more from somebody that has been playing 3 years in the program. I think Mr. Softie better up his game.

And it will be no cupcake for the guards either. The rebels best players may be their guards. All of them can shoot and penetrate and shoot off the dribble. It was frustrating watching ECU drive the lane and constantly shoot mid range against our guys. The bottom line this is a Power Conference team coming to Koch with purpose. The shocks need to bring their A game to beat this team. Go Shocks.

Comment

Wow!!! How are the Shockers possibly 12-1 with such crummy players???
                lighten up, Francis.... they will be fine...

Comment

05451ac873a96f7ab439482b0c4e97df464050-v5-wm.jpg

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                      The shocks better come ready to play against Mississippi/ Their record is deceiving. Yes they are 9-3 but look at who they have lost to and who they have beat. They lost to Memphis, Butler, and OSU. And OSU had their best player the pg for that game. They have also beat Penn State. And Penn State is ranked. The Shocks show up playing like they have for the last 2 games and its not going to be pretty. On top of that, the Rebels have had a week to prepare.

JE better get his sht together. All that pump faking to miss a 3 foot bunny is not going to cut it. Seems like he spends more time dancing on the sideline and trying to get the crowd pumped up instead of dunking the dam ball. AM, not sure why his nick name is God Bear? He doesnt play like a God Bear. He plays soft. He cant catch the freeking ball, he misses point blank layups, and when he finally gets a rebound he standing on the out of bounds line. Tired of watching guards go to the cup and score over him. He is 7 ft.I am sorry but I was certainly expecting more from somebody that has been playing 3 years in the program. I think Mr. Softie better up his game.

And it will be no cupcake for the guards either. The rebels best players may be their guards. All of them can shoot and penetrate and shoot off the dribble. It was frustrating watching ECU drive the lane and constantly shoot mid range against our guys. The bottom line this is a Power Conference team coming to Koch with purpose. The shocks need to bring their A game to beat this team. Go Shocks.

Lol a little over the top. You make them sound like the best college team of the last 20 years.

Everyone knows they are a capable team. Shockers are fine. They will be ready.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Shocktocles - What player leads the team in FG % combing the past two seasons? It may interest you to know it is AM at
                        61% and JE is at 54% not to shabby. Historically your posts have ben pretty good but not the last couple. Now, I agree with
                        you on one point and that is ole Miss will be a tough game and we better be prepared. In addition, the conference will be
                        tough, as well. I want to see AM and MU get minutes every game cause they are going to be the guys there next year and
                        they both need to play in tough conference games. AM did the job last season and I suspect he will be counted on again.
                        GM has commented several times that AM is the best screener and passer of our four centers and over the past two seasons
                        our highest % shooter. He may not get the rebounds himself but look how far he blocks out his side of the lane to allow a
                        guard to get an uncontested rebound. MU playing better on offense but needs to reduce his mental lapses on defense.
                        Just curious as to what record you thought we would have at this point???? Have we exceeded your expectations?

Comment

I do think we get it together for this came...... and I hope our FT's will be in the 70% as opposed to 50%
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I need coffee...

Comment

“We” can’t claim that the shockers are a young team that will have ups and downs throughout the season and then turn around and lose our minds when they have a down game. I know most people are not doing that.
                              Last edited by pie n eye; January 2, 2020, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X