No announcement yet.

Games of Interest: Nov. 27th - Dec. 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably the two biggest things that SLU would have going for them is that they are in a very large media market (way larger than any current Valley school) and Location. They are located right in the middle of the Valley.

Having said that, they haven't really been good in basketball since like the 1950s. But they do have a coach that has them on the upswing.

Personally I think it would be a good move for the Valley to add them. It would also force the conference to at least look at rotating the conference tournament between KC and St. Louis. I think the conference office would have a hard time justifying playing in St. Louis every year if we had a member located there.

Also if they could draw a big enough crowd (a big IF) holding the conference tournament in Chicago once in awhile would be a good thing. Chicago is the second or third largest media market in the country.

Comment

Michael Eric re-injured his right knee in practice and did not play in Temple's loss to Bowling Green.
      In the fast lane

Comment

St. Lou will never join the MVC. After reading what their admins and fans say, their perception is it would be a step down to join the MVC. They kind of have the Xavier mentality. Xavier doesn't look at themselves as a mid-major. Although their past success at St. Lou doesn't justify their way of thinking, it is what it is over there. The only way to change their minds is for the MVC to become one of the top tier mid-major conferences again. The MVC needs to start sending multiple teams to the NCAA tourney on a consistent basis and make noise nationally with winning games over perennial top dogs consistently as well.

Comment

original post updated.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

By the way the Colorado vs Georgia game is on FSMidwest at 7:30pm
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Colorado leading Georgia 60-52 with 4 minutes to go. Would be nice if Tad could reel off about 20 wins this year and make our lone victory in Puerto Rico significant. This is another step in the right direction for the Buffs.

Comment

Colorado wins 70-68. Good to see.

Comment

Solid win for Tad tonight. Updated the original post

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                    Colorado wins 70-68. Good to see.
                    sweet:pirate:
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

In other news, Oakland has been able to schedule very effectively. It's too bad that they play in such a terrible league, because the Shocks would have the opportunity to build a great At-Large resume from this slate of games.

Their non-con includes: Alabama, Arkansas, Houston, Tennessee (at home), Ohio, Michigan, Valpo, Arizona, and Western Michigan.

A good mix of majors and quality mid-major programs.

Comment

Creighton plays San Diego St. tomorrow (Wednesday) out in San Diego. We know firsthand how tough the Aztecs are at home and history backs it up - they've won 48 of 50 on their home court.

Comment

Illinois beating Maryland.

Maniscalco with 22. Stud.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Evansville having problems with winless Alabama State out of the SWAC at home, only leading 49-44 with 7 minutes left.

Bad, bad, bad.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

As long as they win it's all good, good, good.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                As long as they win it's all good, good, good.
                                They did, did, did. 62-55. Still very fugly.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X