Clear All

We’re now #9 in NET Ranking, 17 RPI and 35 KenPom, and 23 Haslem

Comment

R
      Originally posted by Dan View Post
      We’re now #9 in NET Ranking, 17 RPI and 35 KenPom, and 23 Haslem
      Realtime RPI is 17, but we are 12 in Realtime power ranking
      They project a 24-7 record.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        R

Realtime RPI is 17, but we are 12 in Realtime power ranking
        They project a 24-7 record.
        So they think we go 11-6 the rest of the way? I’ll take the over on that win total every day of the week and twice on Sunday!
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

So they think we go 11-6 the rest of the way? I’ll take the over on that win total every day of the week and twice on Sunday!
          Remember that we have only played one road game. We didn’t play well against ECU at home. That effort on the road will get us spanked at every venue. Temple, UConn, and Cinci know it’s hard to win on the road.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Remember that we have only played one road game. We didn’t play well against ECU at home. That effort on the road will get us spanked at every venue. Temple, UConn, and Cinci know it’s hard to win on the road.
            And the RealTime "methodology" whatever that is seems to place a very high value on home games vs road games. OTOH, I have never found RealTime's predictions to be terribly valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

KenPom also says 24-7, but Nolan says 28-3. Gotta love that thinking
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

KenPom also says 24-7, but Nolan says 28-3. Gotta love that thinking
                That’s mostly a methodology difference. Kenpom projects the record based on OVERALL probability whereas warrennolan just adds up the record based on the probability of each game. If you used this method in the kenpom projections it would have us at 27-4 as it only predicts us to lose 3 more the rest of the way.

Comment

Updated for 1/16 - Key to note on Resumes .. WSU still has the best resume in the conference. Even with the loss to Temple and OSU struggling and falling out of Q1. 5-2 in Q1/Q2 games and NO losses outside Q1. That's still high seed territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Updated for 1/16 - Key to note on Resumes .. WSU still has the best resume in the conference. Even with the loss to Temple and OSU struggling and falling out of Q1. 5-2 in Q1/Q2 games and NO losses outside Q1. That's still high seed territory.
                    WSU took a pretty good hit in NET from 9 to 19.

My hypothesis is this tell me that NCAA is weighting win% pretty highly in their NET ranking. Because Temple is not a bad loss, but it does affect the win% more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

WSU took a pretty good hit in NET from 9 to 19.

My hypothesis is this tell me that NCAA is weighting win% pretty highly in their NET ranking. Because Temple is not a bad loss, but it does affect the win% more than anything.
                      Losing by 12 hurts. MOV/MOL gets capped at 10

Comment

Updated 1/22

Comment

As of today we have 9 of our 12 regular season games left which are Q1 or Q2. All Q1 opportunities are away games. Tulsa, Houston, Cincinnati, SMU, Memphis. Q2 games are at UCF, at Tulane, and home to Cincinnati and Tulsa. Plenty of opportunities but we will have to get some tough road wins. This is so much more fun than the Valley. Go Shocks.
                          Last edited by Woodrow; January 23, 2020, 01:51 PM.
                          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                            As of today we have 9 of our 12 regular season games left which are Q1 or Q2. All Q1 opportunities are away games. Tulsa, Houston, Cincinnati, SMU, Memphis. Q2 games are at UCF, at Tulane, and home to Cincinnati and Tulsa. Plenty of opportunities but we will have to get some tough road wins. This is so much more fun than the Valley. Go Shocks.
                            you don’t miss those January games against Drake?

yeah....me neither!

Comment

Nolan is predicting 24-7 and 12-6 in conference
                              RealTime RPI 22-9 and 10-8
                              KenPom 24-7 and 12-6

Comment

Nolan is predicting 24-7 and 12-6 in conference
                                RealTime RPI 22-9 and 10-8
                                KenPom 24-7 and 12-6
                                24-7 will get us into the big dance. 23-8 and then a quarterfinal or semifinal loss in the AAC tournament and we may find ourselves on the bubble.

Comment

Working...
                                X