Q2: 3-3
    Q3: 2-5
    Q4: 5-1

ECU
    Q1: 0-4
    Q2: 1-4
    Q3: 2-3
    Q4: 7-5
    Last edited by Stickboy46; February 17, 2020, 10:34 AM.

What's hurting the AAC is the Conference Power Ranking of #9 and individually teams with horrible SOS...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsHenryLevitt View Post
      What's hurting the AAC is the Conference Power Ranking of #9 and individually teams with horrible SOS...
      Where are you getting your backwards information from?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

My fast count from my mobile is a 5-19 record in Q1 games. Not good.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Is any conference above 50% in Q1 wins? I just did a quick and probably not very accurate count of the ACC and they are only winning 31% of Q1 games to the AAC at 21%.

Comment

Good to see the Shox back atop the conference where they belong.

Comment

This is actually shaping up to be like the Valley in 05-06 where there's a couple teams clearly above the rest (albeit, not much above), and a large middle pack beating each other up.

If it shakes out a certain way, is there a scenario where we could get 6 teams in?

Comment

Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                This is actually shaping up to be like the Valley in 05-06 where there's a couple teams clearly above the rest (albeit, not much above), and a large middle pack beating each other up.

If it shakes out a certain way, is there a scenario where we could get 6 teams in?
                Uh, No!

Comment

Updated for 1/1/20. WSU surprisingly only dropped 1 spot and still have the best NET in the conference.

Cincy pounding UCONN kinda hurt the conference so far. Cincy only moved up 8 spots but UCONN dropped 10. That moved them from a Q1/Q2 game to Q2/Q3

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Updated for 1/1/20. WSU surprisingly only dropped 1 spot and still have the best NET in the conference.
                    I'm surprised also.

WSU in KP dropped from 31 to 40
                    WSU in RPI dropped from 20 to 24

but in Net it only dropped -1. I wonder what in the NET formula likes WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Uh, No!
                      What do we think is the standard type of resume to get you in year to year?

50% on Q1 wins?
                      with

75% on q2?
                      With

95% on q3

No bad losses type of a resume? And please, obviously there's standard deviation from year to year, moment to moment.

Where I'm going with this is, how many q1, 2 wins are available to the other teams, and with those available, what's the best possible case scenario for the conference?

I know Jamar Howard 4 President can be a divisive poster sometimes, but he provided sound bracket analysis.

Comment

I like KP, I think it’s a useful tool. And I understand why our rank would drop after we failed to beat a team by the margin his formula would expect. But the fact that we did drop after winning a game reinforces why I don’t consider KP rating the end all be all, especially not when there are so many games to be played. I imagine If we beat Ole Miss and Memphis our KP rank will improve considerably.

Plus, the point of game is to win, not to have the best KP rank. I understand those things are not entirely unrelated.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                          I imagine If we beat Ole Miss and Memphis our KP rank will improve considerably.
                          That’s not necessarily true, as of right now our KP rating will only improve if we beat Ole Miss by more than 8 and Memphis by more than 2. That’s how much he currently projects us to beat each team based upon our current rating. Margin of victory is a big deal in KP.

Comment

KP ratings are good for comparison purposes. However, I don't think we play to that rating. We would improve quite a bit if GGG left our best players in until the end of the game and we increased our margin of victory. We almost always lose margin when the end of bench and walkons are in at the end of games. I'd rather do what we do and reward our guys as opposed to inflate our KP rating.
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post

That’s not necessarily true, as of right now our KP rating will only improve if we beat Ole Miss by more than 8 and Memphis by more than 2. That’s how much he currently projects us to beat each team based upon our current rating. Margin of victory is a big deal in KP.
                              And generally not a big deal with Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                              X