No announcement yet.

Current AAC NET Rankings and Resumes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't watched the replay, but if memory serves me correct, ES was going to be forced to bring it up the court to avoid a 10 second backcourt call. I have no issue with him stopping whether it was by his choice or the ref's suggestion. The game was over and a dunk wasn't necessary. If ECU was up by 6 and had a breakaway dunk, I know I would consider it very disrespectful. Respect doesn't play a home/away schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
      KP ratings are good for comparison purposes. However, I don't think we play to that rating. We would improve quite a bit if GGG left our best players in until the end of the game and we increased our margin of victory. We almost always lose margin when the end of bench and walkons are in at the end of games. I'd rather do what we do and reward our guys as opposed to inflate our KP rating.
      Margin of victory plays a roll in the NET. NET has an impact on how the NCAA will judge WSU for the post-season. Do you sacrifice your NET?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Margin of victory plays a roll in the NET. NET has an impact on how the NCAA will judge WSU for the post-season. Do you sacrifice your NET?
        There are a lot of intangibles with getting guys playing time. But it really doesn't matter what I would do because GGG apparently is not going to run up the score to improve the NET.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

There are a lot of intangibles with getting guys playing time. But it really doesn't matter what I would do because GGG apparently is not going to run up the score to improve the NET.
          GGG has never put the walk-ons in the game this year unless they have covered the maximum NET point spread.

Comment

GGG has never put the walk-ons in the game this year unless they have covered the maximum NET point spread.
            Which is not different than any prior year that didn't have NET. Hard to blow a 22 point lead in 2 minutes, even if you try.

Sidenote: the walk-ons have not helped the spreads much this season. Methinks some folks were a little over-excited about a couple of the walk-ons. Tends to happen for some unknown reason.

Comment

Are you saying it has just happened that way or believe he is fully aware of that spread and intentionally holds back on the end of the bench?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Which is not different than any prior year that didn't have NET. Hard to blow a 22 point lead in 2 minutes, even if you try.

Sidenote: the walk-ons have not helped the spreads much this season. Methinks some folks were a little over-excited about a couple of the walk-ons. Tends to happen for some unknown reason.

The Baker affect...
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

The Baker affect...
                  That would only apply to anyone who somehow still believes Baker was a true walk-on.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Are you saying it has just happened that way or believe he is fully aware of that spread and intentionally holds back on the end of the bench?
                    I have no idea what his position is. It was just an observation. The NET margin of victory is capped at 10 pts so it may never come into play really that much for that factor. It obvious he won't chose to run up the score like when he called off ES.

The other part that is not capped is offensive and defensive efficiency. So when he does put the walk-ons in and they give up several baskets while turning the ball over on the offensive end it will have a detrimental impact on their NET. There are some articles from coaches who have said they won't run up the score, but they will continue to play hard for the whole game in response to the NET formula.

Comment

Luckily this year the walk-ons are getting more opportunities to play. They have already exceed their opportunities they had all of last year.

Comment

I don't have any problem with not dunking it. I do have a major problem with a ref telling my player to not dunk it.
                        Right in front of me, and really odd. Seeing it on replay the ref was further behind Erik than I thought. Not sure I've ever seen that before.

Comment

On replay the announcer said Erik asked GGG if he could dunk it and was told no. It wouldn't have been enough to bring the win up to 10 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                            On replay the announcer said Erik asked GGG if he could dunk it and was told no.
                            If true, this tells One a lot of the type of kid that Erik is. There are a lot of players who wouldn’t care what a coach said in that situation. I can’t remember the KU player who dunked it in the closing seconds several years ago, but it was a controversy, and that was a blow out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

There are a lot of players who wouldn’t care what a coach said in that situation.
                              Those players don't play for GGG!

Comment

KP ratings are good for comparison purposes. However, I don't think we play to that rating. We would improve quite a bit if GGG left our best players in until the end of the game and we increased our margin of victory. We almost always lose margin when the end of bench and walkons are in at the end of games. I'd rather do what we do and reward our guys as opposed to inflate our KP rating.
                                A bit late, but it’s just however much we do it compared to other teams. I really thought KP had a factor for garbage time margin changes but I can’t find any reference to it, maybe I’m imagining.

The big difference between systems like KP and like NET/RPI are that the former are predictive, based on what you should be able to do, and the latter are based on what you have done. Related, but slightly different purposes. For the most part, you should get into the NCAAT and be seeded based on what you have done, not what you would probably do if given sufficient chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X