No announcement yet.

Positive Thoughts For Dex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back Dex!! So excited for this season!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Dang sailor, do you kiss your mom with that mouth?
      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Dang sailor, do you kiss your mom with that mouth?
        He has standards. On rhe mouth but no tongue.

Comment

• If Dex used the time off to take care of business and can come back at anything near the Dex we had last year...

...This team was pretty damn salty without the Dex we had last year. If we can add last year Dex to what we've already got, we're gonna be scary salty.

Dex is going to need some off the charts practices. It's going to take that to convince Marshall and the rest of the team . Dex is certainly capable of that. He's going to have to demonstrate he's got it, not that he has the potential.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• athletes gotta remember when you take time off that you’re subject to losing your $hit... aka starting gig. ride the pine and work your way back in with work ethic and good practices.

Comment

• I’m thrilled to have Dex back and glad he’s ready to get back at it. But man, if he felt pressure hitting his shot before imagine the pressure he’s going to go through until he hits that first long range bomb. ShockerNation will be on the edge of their seats. I’m reminded of just about every time Conner launched a three. Seemed the collective breath of every Shocker fan was held until the ball swished through the net or bounced off the rim (which was far too often).

Comment

• Thought this was good...

"The game honors toughness."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Go get em Dex! We are all rooting for you!
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• You know, if Dex can come right in and become a "mini-Cotton" of sorts, I'll be a very happy camper until the other parts get worked out. The young man plays solid, hard-nose defense, a good rebounder, and is leading the team in FT%. I think we can use, and need, all of that right now. We know he has the skill set to be an strong offensive player and it will come back. Until then, he needs to provide all the other aspects of his game which will have great value to his teammates. He is far from a one trick pony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      If Dex used the time off to take care of business and can come back at anything near the Dex we had last year...

...This team was pretty damn salty without the Dex we had last year. If we can add last year Dex to what we've already got, we're gonna be scary salty.

Dex is going to need some off the charts practices. It's going to take that to convince Marshall and the rest of the team . Dex is certainly capable of that. He's going to have to demonstrate he's got it, not that he has the potential.
                      Does Dex have to prove himself? Of course, just like any other player on the roster. I don't know of any evidence that the coaches and/or teammates have attached any extra requirements on Dex that weren't there before. Hopefully he can have fun and both his natural and well-hones-through-practice skills will return along with his happiness. That will be enough for coach and hopefully his teammates, too!
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Great to hear that Dex has decided to honor his commitment to the university, his teammates, his coaches, and the fans. Now he needs to work his way from the end of the bench (behind the walkons) back to prime-time. Obviously nobody should ever get rewarded for going AWOL.

GO SHOCKS!

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                          Great to hear that Dex has decided to honor his commitment to the university, his teammates, his coaches, and the fans. Now he needs to work his way from the end of the bench (behind the walkons) back to prime-time. Obviously nobody should ever get rewarded for going AWOL.

GO SHOCKS!

T

I'm confident we have the 'right guy' at the helm to make whatever decisions need to be made... that's why 'WE' pay him the BIG BUCKS.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Thought this was good...

"The game honors toughness."

I love it. The game honors toughness.

Comment

• Below is an interesting article on how mental fatigue can impair physical performance. This is one possible reason why a 4.0 student taking tough classes may find his physical performance suffering, while the paper-class taking one-and-dones at UNC -- that don't even have to show up for class -- don't seem to have any issues at all, even during finals week:

Scientists point the finger at the brain chemical adenosine for the endurance-sapping effects of mental fatigue.

Not saying this is part of Dex' issue, as I have no idea what Dex' issue is/was. Really I just wanted to make fun of UNC.
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                                athletes gotta remember when you take time off that you’re subject to losing your $hit... aka starting gig. ride the pine and work your way back in with work ethic and good practices.
                                He will certainly have to work his way back but he was pretty much in that position before he left. He did not start the 3 games prior to his departure against Central Arkansas, Oklahoma State or Oklahoma.

Hopefully this is where Dexter is at now:

Comment

Working...
                                X