No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs VCU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like their team, their coach, and their style of play. Wonder what he gets paid

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Doing my best to temper my enthusiasm knowing just how young this team is especially the back court. We are
      bound to be in the top 25 now but the further up the ladder we climb the bigger the target on our backs. Have to
      treat every game like yesterdays and beat all those we should beat. Feeling better about the 24 W's I predicted in
      regular season. Key is to sustain the fire they played with yesterday and the back up big fellas to continue to improve.
      Might want to hold your horses on the top 25. We will definitely be in the coaches poll, but it is far from a guarantee we get in the AP. Very few teams in front of us lost this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post

Might want to hold your horses on the top 25. We will definitely be in the coaches poll, but it is far from a guarantee we get in the AP. Very few teams in front of us lost this week.
        Kentucky, for example, will likely move up after that great loss to Ohio State.

Comment

• Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
          Fun reading the VCU board, actually many of them are saying great things about our game, team and HCGM.
          They had a much different opinion while Shaka was still there. They have a better understanding of program status now.

Comment

• ALERT ALERT Evan may not have given up his scholarship yet, as he was on the floor for pre-game presentations.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• It certainly seemed like more, but the play-by-play shows the Shockers took four charges! Awesome!
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• You guys have said it all. Our freshmen and sophomores handled those junior and seniors pretty damn well. We’re going to finish the non-con in much shape than I had expected.

Comment

• I rewatched the game. Everyone played VERY well! Lots of ball sharing, hustle, and smiles!

When Fred and Ron we’re here, they had a quality about them that they were going to win and no one was going to stop them. These guys seem to have the same passion for the game, but they are more skilled and more athletic. A little more polish on their game, and the golden age of Shocker basketball will reach new heights.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

You took the words right out of my mouth; what happened to the "low-brass" cheer?

I believe one of our prior -ahem- bluebloods in training deemed it "deplorable?" Athletic Director?
                    I was wondering the same thing. The crowd engages in that cheer more than any other, so why would they not use it?

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post

I was wondering the same thing. The crowd engages in that cheer more than any other, so why would they not use it?
                      Because, WE'RE GONNA SUCK THE LIFE OUTTA YOU!

YOU!

YOU! YOU! YOU!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• There was a poster on the VCU board who attended the game and he said it was a must-do to see a game at Koch. He said it was the best sporting amtmosphere he's ever seen. I kid you not he put in the same realm as Wimbledon, Fenway Park, etc. Probably better than Mason Park.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          There was a poster on the VCU board who attended the game and he said it was a must-do to see a game at Koch. He said it was the best sporting amtmosphere he's ever seen. I kid you not he put in the same realm as Wimbledon, Fenway Park, etc. Probably better than Mason Park.
                          I'ts not exaggerating to say that when watching the game I could "feel" the low-brass cheer raining down...

Comment

• What a complete team effort in this win. Everyone seems to be buying in to playing defense first which created the offensive opportunities in this one. LOVE watching this team play. Still a long season with a ways to go and there will no doubt be some hiccups, but this team sure knows how to play angry. It seems to be a different stand out every game and not one guy has to carry the load. Look out Shocker fans!

Comment

• I either heard (maybe on the video replay) or read somewhere that VCU was the 24th "oldest" team in the country. That surprised me a bit considering they start 2 redshirt seniors, 2 seniors and 1 junior but I'm sure that stat is for their full roster. Can't imagine too many more teams with a more experienced starting five.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 24, 2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Uh, if he's out a month, that'll be a long time without practice, workouts, and might be a big negative towards team chemistry. I was assuming he was talking about the 26th of December. He would've specifically said January 26th if that's what he meant by "the 26th".
                                Any spies yesterday at practice?

Comment

Working...
                                X