No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Oklahoma Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3G really shortened his bench tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Shocks 18-20 from the line including 15-16 in the 2nd half.

I think it was 11-12 in the last 1:07 with Grant 6-6, Dex 4-4 and Jamarius 1-2,
      Grant Sherfield is our best FT shooter at 0.857
      Dexter Dennis is second at 0.833
      Our worst is Jamarius Burton at 0.556
      They should try to foul JB more
      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• The post is our Achilles heal, but I love our guards. Burton sometimes tries to do to much in the paint where he manhandles smaller guards but against equal talent he needs to be more selective. You have to admit he’s shooting better, still learning to be a point guard

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          There were a lot of positives tonight but I'll just mention the two glaring negatives:

JB is just too one-dimensional right now. He has sticky hands and takes bad shots. He's looking at the rim more than he's looking at his teammates. And his handles still suck.

While we rebounded the ball well, our bigs were 8-25 from the field tonight. That just can't happen. So many missed bunnies. And it's been a problem all year. At what point is this not just a correctable problem but the actual norm?

Sherfield was HUGE late. ES continues to just do everything. I love that kid's effort and tenacity. And his PASSION.
          How quick we forget. JB had 11 assists with only 1 TO against OSU plus 8 rebounds and 3 steals. He, like most of our team, is still young and will have their up and down games. In fact, age wise, JB is youngest of our guards I believe.

Comment

• I think our freshmen are that good. Stevenson is playing lights out, Burton shot is better. Dennis is struggling, Udeze is getting better every week despite missing most of last year. Mitguard is Mitguard

Comment

Valid point. I think you can take ES out of that equation though. Outside of him, does that say more about our sophomores regressing or just that our freshmen are that good?
              I think unfortunately the sophomores. Although the frosh have been really good. JB has a good game and then can’t hit the broad side of a barn the next. DD has been one of the most shocking regressions I’ve possibly ever see. Poor Bear has been meh. MO has had flashes.ES is a man, only consistent sophomore imo.

Comment

• It’s easy to forget how young we really are. Crunch time we were playing freshmen and sophomores. The big 3 by Etienne and Sherfields play in the second half. Stevenson is definitely a leader and as a sophomore. Gotta like our potential

Comment

Can't wait for Cold's Post-Reaves analysis later.
                  Who is this Reaves guy? Hopefully this subject will slowly fade away and the Shox can focus on more important things. Like VCU.

GOOD GAME from the Shox. Not their best, but they pulled it out in the end. This team can certainly play better. I will enjoy this win today only, because there is a lot of basketball to be played. This game will look like a walk in the park next game because of the emotion exhibited on the court.

A huge THANK YOU to the guys! Again - you did everyone proud!

Comment

There were a lot of positives tonight but I'll just mention the two glaring negatives:

JB is just too one-dimensional right now. He has sticky hands and takes bad shots. He's looking at the rim more than he's looking at his teammates. And his handles still suck.

While we rebounded the ball well, our bigs were 8-25 from the field tonight. That just can't happen. So many missed bunnies. And it's been a problem all year. At what point is this not just a correctable problem but the actual norm?

Sherfield was HUGE late. ES continues to just do everything. I love that kid's effort and tenacity. And his PASSION.
                    #SHOCKEDFACE

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      I thought the game turned when they started attacking the paint trailing by 8 with just over 10 minutes left in the game. Two great pick and roll plays from Sherfield to Echinique seemed to get the Shockers much more into an offensive rhythm as the Shocks outscored OU 32 to 17 in those final 10 minutes.
                      Several in our section thought the same thing. We made the deficit up by attacking the rim and stagnated when we settled for the three.

Comment

Didn't think we were gonna get that one midway though the second half. But we got it. And we HAD to have it.

Nice to finally shake the Big 12-IBA jinx.
                        you and me and at least a dozen people around me

Comment

• Shockers/ShockerNet/ShockerLand/ wanted this win for an early Christmas gift that should keep on giving. Our beloved Shocks went out and TOOK it. First Half we made some outside shots and rebounded, but never established our inside game. We kept fouling and O.U. did make throws and hit some wide open 3's. In the 2nd. half, O.U. got a nice lead and seemed pretty confident making more 3's by Manek, Dolittle, Harmon, and AR. The old saying though bit them in the long run--"Live by the 3 and die by the 3." As 1972Shocker said, we finally established our superior inside game starting around and during the 8-10 minute mark. THAT was the difference of this awesome win. ES played an incredible game. GS gave us a very nice spark tonight. DD and the Shocks did great on their throws tonight, especially down the stretch when it really mattered the most. Tyson E. is really a Marshall prototype player with a high ceiling. This Intrust Arena was a "finer than a froghair win." DD will get his shot and confidence back soon we hope. JE might just surprise some folks. Yes, they know he is good, but he could just be 1st or second team All Conference which few picked him to be. Sleep well tonight Shocker fans!!! FSF will sleep like a bay-bay!!! Wade cleaned glass like a rock star but I didn't realize he had 15 boards. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• We wore OU down second half, our depth came through ( good and not so good ) we made the plays at the end taking it to the basket and not settling for 3s. The bigs got more involved, it was crucial to getting the W.

Comment

• This is a borderline Top 25 squad right now.

When (not if) Dex finds his lane again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                Are the freshman > sophomores?
                                Not all of them... Stevenson is the heart and soul of this team

Comment

Working...
                                X