Wichita State vs Oklahoma Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
    Contrast [Reaves] to Doug McDermott, who was ALWAYS moving to try and get open. Night and day difference.
    Good observation -- Dougie was a one-way guy, but he was really good at what he did and worked hard on that aspect of the game. The late Karl Papke was a Shocker who was great at moving without the ball in his day, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

Good observation -- Dougie was a one-way guy, but he was really good at what he did and worked hard on that aspect of the game. The late Karl Papke was a Shocker who was great at moving without the ball in his day, too.
      AND they both (Dougie and Austin) flop when they have a contested 3 point shot.

Comment

• My crew was in rows G and H of 219, the best we could do with that many tickets and wanting to stay in the $18 level due to the numbers (13 tickets total). Considering it was behind the baseline the view was OK, but I am glad we didn't have to scale up any higher. My bunch stood plenty and we were really fired up during the final 10 minutes of the game, but I agree it is hard to feel like you are a "part" of the roar with over half the upper deck empty. I have been in the upper deck when it was full and in those cases in can get loud up there too. IMHO, the upper deck prices should be $12 for the ones behind the baseline, and then $18 for the sections between the baselines. Maybe the couple of rows in the front on the upper deck sideline be at $24, those are actually pretty good seats. Concession prices are what they are, but I wish move venues would adopt the mentality they have at Atlanta's Mercedes Benz Stadium. Have the usual premium items, but have a slate of items where the prices are $2-4. A lower margin, yes, but more volume and happier customers should be worth something.

Here is a pic I came across online, my apologies if it has already been posted.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
          My crew was in rows G and H of 219, the best we could do with that many tickets and wanting to stay in the $18 level due to the numbers (13 tickets total). Considering it was behind the baseline the view was OK, but I am glad we didn't have to scale up any higher. My bunch stood plenty and we were really fired up during the final 10 minutes of the game, but I agree it is hard to feel like you are a "part" of the roar with over half the upper deck empty. I have been in the upper deck when it was full and in those cases in can get loud up there too. IMHO, the upper deck prices should be $12 for the ones behind the baseline, and then $18 for the sections between the baselines. Maybe the couple of rows in the front on the upper deck sideline be at $24, those are actually pretty good seats. Concession prices are what they are, but I wish move venues would adopt the mentality they have at Atlanta's Mercedes Benz Stadium. Have the usual premium items, but have a slate of items where the prices are $2-4. A lower margin, yes, but more volume and happier customers should be worth something.

Here is a pic I came across online, my apologies if it has already been posted.
          I saw that picture posted on social media.... By Maggie ....

Comment

• Thought the crowd looked and sounded great on television. So glad to see ShockerNation represent a week after the Pokes couldn’t even fill one side of the lower bowl in their home arena.

I expected to see some OU fans and I’m sure they were there, just wasn’t obvious. I’m pretty pleased about that. The announcers made a point to show ShockerNation sitting in Gallagher-Iba and how well you travel. Don’t believer yesterday’s announcers mentioned OU fans.

Comment

• Postgame: Gregg Marshall vs OU

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Reminiscent of video I’ve seen on Antoine Carr’s comments on Tulsa or X Man on the Bradley coach. Letting it hang.
                Next game with OU should be fun to watch.
                Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Someone get Cold some Kleenex.
                Absolutely, positively put C0ld's junk in the deep freeze. As hard as a diamond in an ice storm.

In case all you kids have forgotten, that's the Fred VanVleet FU attitude on display.

T

Comment

• Just got back to KC for work after the trip to ICT for the game with the family.

Great job Shox, and the fans in attendance. ***** and moan all you want about the $28 and the leg room (and you are correct to do so) but if you missed this one - it is a shame. That was an undeniable BLAST.

Cannot wait to come back for VCU. Have not left with cheers in the concourse for minutes afterward in some time. Hopefully we can show up to CKA on Saturday. Need to keep the momentum going. I will be on stubhub or getting GA tickets if the students don't pick things up.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Absolutely, positively put C0ld's junk in the deep freeze. As hard as a diamond in an ice storm.

In case all you kids have forgotten, that's the Fred VanVleet FU attitude on display.

T

Freddy's all-time best quote... it can't get any better than that.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                      Just got back to KC for work after the trip to ICT for the game with the family.

Great job Shox, and the fans in attendance. ***** and moan all you want about the $28 and the leg room (and you are correct to do so) but if you missed this one - it is a shame. That was an undeniable BLAST.

Cannot wait to come back for VCU. Have not left with cheers in the concourse for minutes afterward in some time. Hopefully we can show up to CKA on Saturday. Need to keep the momentum going. I will be on stubhub or getting GA tickets if the students don't pick things up.
                      Our contingent of 'grampies' were receiving high-fives all the way to Douglass..."beer is good and people are crazy."
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Brother and I loved the party atmosphere in old town after the game. This is one great reason to have these Intrust games.

From an out of towner glad to be back to party with you silly bastards one more time, well done Wichita!
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                          Just got back to KC for work after the trip to ICT for the game with the family.

Since it will be winter break (?) or close to, those should be easy to come by, but gobble them quickly FWIW.

Comment

Working...
                          X