No announcement yet.

The Official Shocks vs. Temple Game Thread - Puerto Rican Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, I've never felt so lucky to be down 6 at the break...

Comment

• Really Demetric?

We are lucky to only be down 6. No offense, no defense, no nothing.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Temple might be a tournament team. We simply are not

Comment

• One of my teams goal this year is 50% assists on all FG's. Temple has 10 assists on 12 field goals.

That equates to two things, good shooting, and dribble penetration.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Hate to keep reiterating this but that is on the coach. Marshall has been out-coached in 2.5 of games so far.
            I'm not saying this to start something, but in calm moments on this board many posters respond to any degree of critisism of HCGM with "we should trust him...he knows what he is doing." Don't get me wrong, I like him and want him to be our coach, but FOLKS, he fouls too and isn't perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
              Rags does not deserve to start the second half atm.
              Joe is playing terrible, with a less that positive attitude imho as well. DWill is pressing and struggling beyond belief. I have no problem with Kyles, he just can't buy a jumper but I think he's playing okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                sad thing was Williams was going to take that shot no matter how good or bad it was - got lucky Kyles was in the right place at the right time
                Yep. The coach should make it apparent for that situation to NEVER happen again and yet its repeated over and over. Absolutely awful. And you're right. He was taking that BS shot no matter what. Selfish and STUPID.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I always considered DWill and DK makers. DK made a few in the first game but has stunk it up since then....I don't know where the real DWill is.

Comment

• How were we such an unselfish team last year only to be this selfish now?????? I guess Durley was amazing at getting position down low. I don't know how else to explain it....
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• We need to continue to work on establishing an inside presence on offense. When we do or even attempt it with any consistency, we do pretty well. When we don't we clank misses and look lost. With this team it's clear that the inside must be established FIRST, not the other way around.

Pin is probably right at the moment--the way our offense looks we aren't a tournament team right now. I think if we improve that aspect of our game and we tight back in the discussion.

Get the ball to Garrett, get the ball to Garrett, get the ball to Garrett.

Nothing else to say!

Comment

• I am so tired of being 0-fer in every MUST HAVE non-conference game the last three years. Come on guys, get one.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                          How were we such an unselfish team last year only to be this selfish now?????? I guess Durley was amazing at getting position down low. I don't know how else to explain it....
                          This plus Ellis, Hatch and Blair did all the tough things. Hall can replace some of that but not all. That's why I would like to see Cotton.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                            How were we such an unselfish team last year only to be this selfish now?????? I guess Durley was amazing at getting position down low. I don't know how else to explain it....
                            Leadership and coaching.

Unfortunately coach thought this season would be easier to get the team where he wanted it, and was lax in practice for the first couple of weeks. I have seen it happen at the high school level before and it is obviously never a good thing.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Watching the Bears is much more enjoyable than this team. Halftime can last as long as it wants.

Comment

• Temple 5-9 from 3, WSU 0-8. Maybe, MAYBE 3 of those were good shots....MAYBE.

Garrett seemed better than 7 and 4 but he has both post men in foul trouble. WSU was 13-23 or 57% from 2. Wonder where the ball should go?

Comment

Working...
                                X