Basketball Atmosphere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball Atmosphere

As some of you know, I graduated and moved to San Antonio. Now, I can only watch on TV or listen on the radio. So me and my wife are trying to make a list of those stadium atmosphere songs, since they remind us so much of going to the games. Can you guys help?

What songs does the band play?
    What does the DJ have a habit of playing on PA during the pre-game?

I'd ask someone to mail us some CKA nachos, but the chips just get too soggy in the mail...
    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
    Students > Alumni
    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

"25 or 6 to 4" by Chicago is one of the more recognizable numbers that the band plays regularly:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulStar View Post
      "25 or 6 to 4" by Chicago is one of the more recognizable numbers that the band plays regularly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLiuM...eature=related
      I am a huge Chicago fan, but the band needs to quit playing that song. Immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        I am a huge Chicago fan, but the band needs to quit playing that song. Immediately.
        I played in the band last year, and I completely agree with you.

In terms of songs that the band plays, here's a list of tunes I remember:

-Johnny B Goode
        -Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
        -Bend Me, Shape Me
        -Vehicle
        -Train, Train
        -Hold On, I'm Comin
        -Respect
        -Think
        -In a Young Man's Mind
        -Thriller
        -We're Not Gonna Take It
        -Chameleon
        -I Can't Turn You Loose
        -Them Changes
        -You Shook Me All Night Long

There's a few others, but I remember playing those a lot. Hope it helps!
        Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFan87 View Post

-Johnny B Goode
          -Bend Me, Shape Me
          -Vehicle
          -Train, Train
          -Hold On, I'm Comin
          -Respect
          -Think
          -In a Young Man's Mind
          -Thriller
          -We're Not Gonna Take It
          -Chameleon
          -I Can't Turn You Loose
          -Them Changes

Atta kid! Good job supporting the Shox too!

Can you please, please, purdy please talk to anyone that will listen about doing a halftime show that is a kick-*** drum solo? That would get the place so rev'd up I can't even tell you. I'll keep asking once a year until I get my way and can say "see -- I told you so".
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Remember the old song 'Wipeout', it is hard to beat for a drum solo.

Comment

Yes, what a killer song to play by a live band! But if you ask them to let the band play it, they will just get a freaking 8-track version of it and play it over the intercom and it will suck terrible. Frustrating.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

-Johnny B Goode
                -Bend Me, Shape Me
                -Vehicle
                -Train, Train
                -Hold On, I'm Comin
                -Respect
                -Think
                -In a Young Man's Mind
                -Thriller
                -We're Not Gonna Take It
                -Chameleon
                -I Can't Turn You Loose
                -Them Changes

Chameleon is one of my favs. At HCC we added a solo section and that was fun!

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
                Remember the old song 'Wipeout', it is hard to beat for a drum solo.
                At first I said to myself, "Wipeout should be a pep band standard". Then I thought about it and added, "in high school." Now, if you're Pepperdine, it would be perfect!

Comment

-Johnny B Goode
                  -Bend Me, Shape Me
                  -Vehicle
                  -Train, Train
                  -Hold On, I'm Comin
                  -Respect
                  -Think
                  -In a Young Man's Mind
                  -Thriller
                  -We're Not Gonna Take It
                  -Chameleon
                  -I Can't Turn You Loose
                  -Them Changes

Didn't the band have a tuba for the first few games last year, and then it disappeared? Somewhere I heard it had been banned. Is that correct? Or did the tuba player decide to no longer participate?Or some other reason?
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

No tuba? Most pep bands have several - KSU pep band has 5 or 6 usually and the marching band has 26 tubas this year. Very, very important in getting a full sound.

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat View Post
                      No tuba? Most pep bands have several - KSU pep band has 5 or 6 usually and the marching band has 26 tubas this year. Very, very important in getting a full sound.
                      It takes certain physical characteristics to play the tuba. Not just anybody can do it. That said, Kansas State is loaded with enough fatties to field tuba sections for every band in the country.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        It takes certain physical characteristics to play the tuba. Not just anybody can do it. That said, Kansas State is loaded with enough fatties to field tuba sections for every band in the country.
                        One does not have to be large to play tuba. Many women do these days and many are not large women at all. A girl that our daughter ran XC and track with at Goddard played tuba in the KSUMB for 4 years and she's maybe 5'5" and 110 pounds.

But thanks for offering info from your vast knowledge of music.

Comment

And thank you BCSCat for finding some minutiae over which to criticize.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Really?

One of the twenty great reasons for being fat.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X