Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
    With the win, we are up to 36 in KenPom an 19 in T-Rank (Barttorvik)

Moved up to a 6 seed in T-Ranketology as well.
    At 11:20 pm as I type, WSU is ranked 38th by KenPom, OSU 39th. That's a swing of about a 10-15 spots for each team, caused by WSU gaining two points in adjusted EM while OkSt dropped two points. That's enormous -- both ways.

Admittedly, I'm not a KenPom junkie, but I've checked it a lot over the years and I don't ever remember seeing WSU gain two points in AdjEM with one win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
      It sure would be nice to see DD get over what ever ills in his head that is distracting him. He started the first two games of the year like the DD we thought he'd be, then all of a sudden he's hit a wall. If he can rediscover his magic, this team is going to be awesome.
      I bet DD has never experienced a slump like this. Most players go through something like this during their Freshman year. But overall he had a great freshman year when he was learning how to play Div 1 defense. Well he either is going to fight through this adversity or he is going to let it keep him down. So what's it's going to be Dexter? Good win shocks.

Comment

• Midtgaard takes some heat for his lack of athleticism. So did VanVleet.

In tonight's game Midtgaard was on the floor with Anei for maybe 6 minutes. In those minutes Anei picked up 3 fouls.

Smarts can go a long way to overcome lack of athleticism.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Great game! Super fun to be at. Team is developing nicely. DD needs to step up or take a seat though. His social media is a little weird lately too.
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Congrats to the shox on a big win on the road. Still have more to go before March. Rest up and watch film hit gym and get ready for another test next saturday. Cant wait to see the return of Reeves

Comment

• Beating #25 on the road. I didn't realize OSU was ranked.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I'm not sure I can ever remember another game where the opponent basically threw in the towel before the under 8. He put in the deep bench and said let's get this over. Truly remarkable.
                Pretty sure ole Muller did during the 41 pt beat down we gave them the last time they were here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  Beating #25 on the road. I didn't realize OSU was ranked.
                  They were Kenpom #25. Not ranked in either of the polls.

Comment

• OSU was ranked 25 in last week’s coaches poll.
                    Get the latest College Basketball rankings for the 2023-24 season. Find out where your favorite team is ranked in the AP Top 25, Coaches Poll, Top 25 And 1, NET, or RPI polls and rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Pretty sure ole Muller did during the 41 pt beat down we gave them the last time they were here.
                      A fond memory....

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Midtgaard takes some heat for his lack of athleticism. So did VanVleet.

In tonight's game Midtgaard was on the floor with Anei for maybe 6 minutes. In those minutes Anei picked up 3 fouls.

Smarts can go a long way to overcome lack of athleticism.
                        the last 2 in a span of 10 seconds

Comment

He's been good the last few games and 40% from 3 today...
                          Wow I was wrong on this. He was 3/6 from 3 last game and 3/7 yesterday. Felt like he was missing more than he was.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Yeap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Wow I was wrong on this. He was 3/6 from 3 last game and 3/7 yesterday. Felt like he was missing more than he was.
                              Easy to miss. So far this year he's had 5 of 9 games shooting 38% or better from 3. (32% for the year). Still not amazing, but more than passable considering everything else he brings to the team. On top of that, defenses aren't slacking off of him which is the important part.

Comment

• Erik is a streaky shooter which is why defenses will always guard him close not matter what his overall % is. Etienne looks to be our sniper this year though.

Comment

Working...
                                X