Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Win! Grear Win! Great road win!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I played golf yesterday so I finally watched the game after lunch today. I didn't think that the announcing was as bad as I was lead to believe it was. In fact, I thought I thought they were pretty complimentary of ETN in particular and the rest of the team in general. It was pretty funny when McClure was talking about being taught to flop by Scott Drew. pretty sure that is a C-team crew at best but you have to start somewhere. I imagine that the ESPN handlers will try to put a filter on his commenting lest he piss off some of the big boys.
      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Wade was a quiet workhorse in yesterday's match. He was doing a lot of little things right. I think I saw a boneheaded foul in the first half, but other than that, I thought he played especially solid in a quiet way.
        “Match?”

What is this, mixed doubles tennis?
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Erik's good with a quick release.

However, when he depends on that one bounce before the 3 ball release he ain't near as good.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

“Match?”

What is this, mixed doubles tennis?
            You're right, you're right. I meant "curb stomping".
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You're right, you're right. I meant "curb stomping".
              Your inner soccer came out, didn’t it?

Comment

• Question, does anyone ever go back and review and correct the stats. Case in point: On Etienne’s second three pointer that he hit right at the start of the second half, that was clearly an assist from Stevenson, but ES is credited with zero assists and play by play gives that assist to Burton.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                  Question, does anyone ever go back and review and correct the stats. Case in point: On Etienne’s second three pointer that he hit right at the start of the second half, that was clearly an assist from Stevenson, but ES is credited with zero assists and play by play gives that assist to Burton.
                  I thought I heard coach say once in the past that they do reviews on stats. Remember that play well ES made the pass to TE and raised his hands high to call the 3 as the ball bounced 2-3 times and fell in the hoop!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                      Question, does anyone ever go back and review and correct the stats. Case in point: On Etienne’s second three pointer that he hit right at the start of the second half, that was clearly an assist from Stevenson, but ES is credited with zero assists and play by play gives that assist to Burton.
                      They have a video coordinator and grad assistants who I’m sure go back and review every game soon afterward. It’s impossible for them to keep exact track of every statistic during a game when the teams are going up and down the court with full court pressure. It all happens so fast.

Comment

• Win vs OSU rated as the 3rd best Non-Con win in all of the NCAA so far ...

Comment

• UNIs win at Colorado is No. 7. They're having a good start to their season.
                          Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Serously not trying to put Colorado down, but why were they ranked? I don't recall them doing anything last year that was oustanding enough to be ranked that high in the preseason.. I guess you justn have to be in a power conference to get the benefit of doubt. I felt the same way about Florida early ranking.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                              Serously not trying to put Colorado down, but why were they ranked? I don't recall them doing anything last year that was oustanding enough to be ranked that high in the preseason.. I guess you justn have to be in a power conference to get the benefit of doubt. I felt the same way about Florida early ranking.
                              They had a loss to a big 12 team going for them. I agree though, that Colorado didn't have a lot there to justify a ranking. But then neither do a lot of teams. It's early December.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...paign=trending

Win vs OSU rated as the 3rd best Non-Con win in all of the NCAA so far ...
                                Seton Hall winning at St. Louis was a better win? Huh.

Comment

Working...
                                X