Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

Me too. I'm good with crow, and I'm enjoying it. Tastes like chicken.

Good game Shox and way to reoresent us all you fans that traveled - you do us proud!!
    I also am gladly eating the crow for dinner tonight. To be fair, I was assuming OSU's PG was gonna play today. But still. I LOVE it.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      7 straight true road wins.

4 Q1. 2 Q2.

We Charmin.
      You shittin me, Clark?

Comment

• Sure wish I could watch the replay of this game somewhere as I wasn't able to catch it live. Checked ESPN3 and other places but no-go. Any suggestions???
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          Sure wish I could watch the replay of this game somewhere as I wasn't able to catch it live. Checked ESPN3 and other places but no-go. Any suggestions???
          Watch Espn (ESPN 3) has it.

With Watch ESPN you can stream live sports and ESPN originals, watch the latest game replays and highlights, and access featured ESPN programming online.

Comment

• Didn’t realize Echenigue only played about 11 minutes, I knew it was limited because of fouls. He’s a difference maker when he’s in. Mitguard played well today and I thought PoorBear had one of his best games. The post will always be Echenigue and then post by committee and I’m fine with that. PoorBear and Udeze are slowly improving and we’ll take what we can get out of Mitguard. Hopefully more positive than the negative, I know he wants to do good and works hard.

Comment

• There were many disgruntled osu fans crying about not getting any home cooking concerning fouls called. Unfortunately they must have felt that the foul disparity in the early 2nd half should have been larger.

Comment

• It feels less like home cooking when your opponent just keeps subbing in another dude.

WSU's centers were called for 10 fouls. None finished with more than 3. OSU centers were called for 5 fouls. One fouled out.

Comment

• Did not realize OSU was ranked in the coaches poll. We should get some votes (more in the Coaches) tomorrow.

Comment

• I'm not sure I can ever remember another game where the opponent basically threw in the towel before the under 8. He put in the deep bench and said let's get this over. Truly remarkable.

Comment

• Shox dominated today. We won by 19 on the road against the Big 12 with a very young team. Just think how good we can be when Dex is back in form too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                        Shox dominated today. We won by 19 on the road against the Big 12 with a very young team. Just think how good we can be when Dex is back in form too!
                        And that was with the Shocks only scoring 6 points combined in the last 5 minutes of each half. In the other 30 minutes of play the Shocks scored 74 points or just a hair under 2.5 points per minute which is 100 points per 40 minute pace.

Noah was probably in a bit over his head. Feeling bad for Dex. He is in a bad place mentally right now. Mo must have had a target on his back. 3 fouls in 1 minute of play.

Otherwise very glad to see that the guys did not let Okie State's aggressive, physical play take them out of the game as it did against West Virginia. 6 assists on 19 baskets against West Virginia. Today against Okie State the Shocks doled out 18 assists on 28 baskets. This was a good Okie State team even without their starting point guard.

The fact remains that the Shocks are still a very young team and one of their best returning player from last year's team is giving them very little production at this point. Jaime is just now starting bet back into full swing mode. Today's game was very good for 75% of the game and not very good the other 25%. This team has a lot left in the tank as they gain experience together and as Dex rediscovers his game which I think he will (although hard to say when that will happen and nothing is guaranteed). But today was definitely a positive step for this Shocker team.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 8, 2019, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Thanks 72! Had the wrong log-in subscription thingy going haywire.

Fixed - wife asleep - kids asleep - I'm off work tomorrow - cold one in hand - time to watch the BEAT DOWN!!!!!!!

GO SHOCKS!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Wichita State players talk about big road win

Comment

• Full Game Replay

Comment

• Comment