Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    We’re learning more and more about this team every game we play. JB is far and away our best PG right now and it’s a pretty wide gap to the 2nd best. Sherfield is decent against low competition, but he gets rattled against big time opponents, as does Noah. Dennis is a total non-factor right now. As far as I’m concerned he should be 4th or 5th off the bench. I’ve been thinking maybe he can be a Wessel for us without his scoring but he’s not even doing that. Etienne should be our starting 2 and Erik the starting 3 going forward. I thought all our posts did a decent job today. Aside from the foul trouble, they were pretty good as a group and it’s a good thing we have 4 of them.
    Not sure if you missed the starting lineup the last couple games? You and coach seem to be in agreement.

Comment

• Anyone have highlights? I can’t find anything and ESPN started requiring subscriptions to watch their replays.

Comment

• Now Top 10 kenpom AdjD. I suspect we will remain Top 15 the rest of the way. Top 5 is possible with continued growth from the newbies and more Echinique. But we do play pretty soft.

Perhaps folks are misled by the shooting% and forget our opponents are turning it over 1/4 of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
          I went over to the OSU board. Several were bitching about the number and volume of WSU fans. Well done Shocker Nation.
          link?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
            Anyone have highlights? I can’t find anything and ESPN started requiring subscriptions to watch their replays.
            It must have just changed. I made it through 4 minutes of the replay before it froze.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

link?
              several to choose from

Wish the Shox well in the upcoming season. Ix ===================== Non conference ================================= Omaha Mavericks 11/05/2019 https://www.eomahaforums.com/viewforum.php?f=7 Texas Southern 11/09/19 https://www.tigerfans.com/boards/forums/tigers-sports-board.4/ https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/forums/the

Comment

• Great win!

TE & TW took huge steps forward against very good competition.
                AM's first stretch of the 2nd half was the best of his career. Good for him!
                TB was a great point guard today.
                DD is lucky to hit the rim right now but I feel he is still playing hard and playing good defense which is impressive considering the horrid shooting slump he is in.
                JE continued to get better today.
                GS Well ... Let's say it wasn't one his best games.
                ES may very well just be a streaky shooter but he does other things well and brings energy and attitude every game.

Give GM and the staff huge credit for the improvement the team has made since WV game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                  DD's game is abysmal, especially in the last three minutes. I was surprised HC3G didn't take him out.
                  And we're beating big 12 teams in their house by 19!
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• A very fun and prestigious road win. Just wait until DD gets his shooting touch back. JE is an asset and I hope he keeps his fouls to a mild road. Our guards got game and they will just get better. Poor Bear had a nice game and we needed it. Winning 2 out of 3 versus the Big 12 will not look bad on our resume'. Playing against Austin will seem odd and we will need to slow him down to a mild road. TE has impressed me since day 1 and is a keeper for sure. I enjoy his shooting touch.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• With the win, we are up to 36 in KenPom an 19 in T-Rank (Barttorvik)

Moved up to a 6 seed in T-Ranketology as well.

Comment

• It sure would be nice to see DD get over what ever ills in his head that is distracting him. He started the first two games of the year like the DD we thought he'd be, then all of a sudden he's hit a wall. If he can rediscover his magic, this team is going to be awesome.

Comment

• Just got home from a family Holiday outing at the Prairie Rose Chuckwagon Dinner this afternoon and was very pleaseantly surprised when I just now looked up the score of the OSU game.

Really looking forward to watching the replay then I will come back and read all the astute game comments and observations on the game thread.

Comment

• I think DD will be fine. It's a long season and there are speed bumps, sometimes big, sometimes small.

He just needs to see a the ball go in the hoop a couple times. That said, I can't explain what happened in the last couple of minutes of the game today. But I think it will be ok.

----------------------

Looking forward to OU.....Basketball is a game of rhythm, I wish we didn't have six days till that game.....but it looks like OU won't be playing till they see us either.

Comment

• 1. Dex seems to be in a funk.
                              2. JB was/is a stud.
                              3. Poo had a serviceable game.
                              4. I liked the Okie coach on the sideline.
                              5. I wonder how many of those empty seats were sold?
                              6. No surprise, but I thought the refs tried to even it up.
                              7. ETN is a stone killer.
                              8. Noah wasn't very good, next time I hope.
                              9. AM had nice minutes.
                              10. The kid with 8 fingers is a marvelous athlete.

Comment

• Great game, much improved in shooting discipline and ball movement. Our guard play was pretty good for the most part and our defensive rebounding was solid. Very nice road win, we dominated...

Comment

Working...
                                X