Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moshock View Post

Check your PM - Maybe you, @azshocker and I need to hook up.

I'm down, if Az Shocker is. We need a contingent here.

Comment

• Sloppy, sloppy and more sloppy but still got the win. I'm very interested on what this team will look like when they stop playing sloppy. Look out.

Comment

• Despite the lackluster end, that was a quality win in our only non-con away environment of the season. Nobody else will know that we did without their best player. Other teams have done that to us too.

HUGE.

Now we need to bury the OU IBA jinx that has been hounding us.
        Last edited by ShockerFever; December 8, 2019, 07:51 PM.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          More steals, boards, assists and shots, and fewer turnovers. Flying around on D. Both teams left some meat on the FT bone.

Up 7 on the road against an upper half B12 team.

Tyson is manning up.

Noah’s mistakes were born of effort. If we’re getting that from our 3rd PG we’re probably ok.

Good half, room for improvement, but I like how we play.
          Reading the KU posters on here up to this point, you would have thought we were losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Reading the KU posters on here up to this point, you would have thought we were losing.
            It's kinda amusing...

Dana.jpg

Comment

• I mean, I wouldn't want Gregg Marshall on my arse either. Bill Self is like a gazelle, simply prolonging the inevitable.

Much respect to the Oklahoma schools for scheduling the excellent, quality games. We keep this up, we might just develop a rivalry.

Isn't that the point?

Comment

• I ain't heard no fireworks or seen any parades. Which means y'all aint overreacting 10% as much as you have been the last 2 weeks. Disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

You need to read better.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                    Sloppy, sloppy and more sloppy but still got the win. I'm very interested on what this team will look like when they stop playing sloppy. Look out.
                    You must’ve missed the first 35 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

You must’ve missed the first 35 minutes.
                      Or the 19 point win.

Funny that they showed all the 20+ point wins over the last whatever, and Duke and whatnot is on there. Here's the thing:

Gregg Marshall could have run the score up over 20 on about 80% of his wins, so keep that in mind.

Kyrzewski would run the score up on his grandma, at his grandfather's funeral. Just like the other coaches on the same list.

Comment

• We’re learning more and more about this team every game we play. JB is far and away our best PG right now and it’s a pretty wide gap to the 2nd best. Sherfield is decent against low competition, but he gets rattled against big time opponents, as does Noah. Dennis is a total non-factor right now. As far as I’m concerned he should be 4th or 5th off the bench. I’ve been thinking maybe he can be a Wessel for us without his scoring but he’s not even doing that. Etienne should be our starting 2 and Erik the starting 3 going forward. I thought all our posts did a decent job today. Aside from the foul trouble, they were pretty good as a group and it’s a good thing we have 4 of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post

I'm down, if Az Shocker is. We need a contingent here.
                          I'm in! Sounds great!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Defense and Rebounding! The Marshall way. Good win for our young team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                              I’m having a big ol bowl of crow, I did not predict this outcome whatsoever. What I learned: don’t care, this crow tastes good.
                              Me too. I'm good with crow, and I'm enjoying it. Tastes like chicken.

Good game Shox and way to reoresent us all you fans that traveled - you do us proud!!

Comment

• I went over to the OSU board. Several were bitching about the number and volume of WSU fans. Well done Shocker Nation.

Comment

Working...
                                X