No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Process weighs in on the process of picking SC.

The 6-3, 200-pound shooting guard has high hopes for his future, and admitted the process to go from high school to college to the pro ranks has taken longer than he expected.
    “My college plan hasn’t gone to plan yet, with how I wanted to go through college and end up making money with the game,” Stevenson said.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      “My college plan hasn’t gone to plan yet, with how I wanted to go through college and end up making money with the game,”
      How does he plan to make money with the game? Selling nachos?
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

How does he plan to make money with the game? Selling nachos?
        You got it all wrong. He will make bank doing half time shows as a quick change act. He has had much practice so far.

Comment

• I was just thinking about The Process… this is timely… my favorite line was “ I’ve always been a leader ON EVERY TEAM I WAS ALLOWED TO BE”…. Classic…like when you sat the entire time while Tyson was cheerleading the Shocks back from a 20 point deficit????

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
            I was just thinking about The Process… this is timely… my favorite line was “ I’ve always been a leader ON EVERY TEAM I WAS ALLOWED TO BE”…. Classic…like when you sat the entire time while Tyson was cheerleading the Shocks back from a 20 point deficit????
            Yup. He referenced his sophomore year. Since you mentioned that, I'll also mentioned how he took the most shots that year.....not just a few more shots, but a bunch. I think it was around 50 more than any other player. Interesting because he was one of the lesser % shooters, both from 2 and the 3. A true sign of leadership. Just like his antics after the UConn game.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              I was just thinking about The Process… this is timely… my favorite line was “ I’ve always been a leader ON EVERY TEAM I WAS ALLOWED TO BE”…. Classic…like when you sat the entire time while Tyson was cheerleading the Shocks back from a 20 point deficit????
              I actually had forgot about that. Someone should put together a low light video of his body language.

Comment

• I hope he reads this board...I guarantee the old man does...

Comment

• Following the USA’s loss to France, TP tweeted: TEAM basketball continuing to beat the USA 1 v 1 style….” Because he is such a proponent of TEAM basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                    Following the USA’s loss to France, TP tweeted: TEAM basketball continuing to beat the USA 1 v 1 style….” Because he is such a proponent of TEAM basketball.
                    Damn! I still remember a close game the Shox lost where TP never made a pass in the last 4-1/2 minutes. During that time, every time he got the ball in is hands it resulted in either a missed shot or a turnover. Maybe his definition of "team leader" is the guy who leads the team in FG attempts.

Maybe he doesn't like iso ball because he is so inept at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Damn! I still remember a close game the Shox lost where TP never made a pass in the last 4-1/2 minutes. During that time, every time he got the ball in is hands it resulted in either a missed shot or a turnover. Maybe his definition of "team leader" is the guy who leads the team in FG attempts.

Maybe he doesn't like iso ball because he is so inept at it.
                      That’s not it. To TP, team ball means the team pass me the ball and let me take over. He just doesn’t like it when he’s not the focus of the team.

Comment

• About leaving Washington and his coach ...

According to insiders, they didn't part well when Stevenson was the first player out the door, with the player suggesting that promises weren't kept by the coach.

Ooooouch ....

Except that Stevenson left out an important piece to this Husky puzzle. Outside of a game at California and an occasional offensive flurry thereafter, he played badly. He pressed when things began slowly for him and he never got untracked the rest of the way.

He can blame everyone and everything for his troubles, but there's no overlooking the fact that he was part of the miserable 5-21 problem. He wasn't a good team player.

Stevenson was supposed to be a foundational Husky addition, but he never assumed a leadership role after he was given carte blanche to shoot, and he was the first one out the door when it ended.
                        From https://www.si.com/college/washingto...snt-a-good-fit

Sooo ... promises weren't kept but you were allowed to shoot your team outta the game over and over and over and over and over?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          About leaving Washington and his coach ...

Ooooouch ....

From https://www.si.com/college/washingto...snt-a-good-fit

Sooo ... promises weren't kept but you were allowed to shoot your team outta the game over and over and over and over and over?
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Erik Stevenson plays college basketball with a decided edge, has a nice-looking jump shot and speaks with a surprisingly deep voice, all positive attributes.
                            Have a hard time reading past the first paragraph.

But I'm glad I did. I'm sure FOTP couldn't have been happy about that article. LMAO.

Comment

• The part that I thought was priceless was that Frank Martin will be more like the tough guy coach to match ES tough guy as a player. So I guess FHCGM was not a tough guy? PS This is gold Jerry. Whoever recently resurrected that phrase in another topic...Thank you.

Comment

• Erik Stevenson plays college basketball with a decided edge, has a nice-looking jump shot and speaks with a surprisingly deep voice, all positive attributes.
                                That is definitely why I would bet on TP in a fight with Mike Tyson. The surprisingly deep voice would put him over the edge.

Comment

Working...
                                X