Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Well we both know that Marshall's leaving the position of MBB HC was what I wanted and we both know that my letters may well have played a role in that outcome. So I choose to believe that my letters were in your terms quite "good" as they achieved the desired outcome.

Regards your comment about Erik making shots, IMO the coaching he received from Marshall after his juvenile behavior post the WSU victory over UCONN played a major role in Erik's declining shooting skills. You could equate it to what happened to Monica Seles; she was never the same player after being stabbed by the Steffi Graf fan.
    He's shot the same percentage from 3 (30%) all 3 years he's been in college. Very little if any impact on his shooting came from coaching in a single game in his sophomore year.

Also equating someone getting their ass chewed for disrespecting the uniform he was wearing to someone getting physically stabbed is a bit mich

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I just don’t think the athletic department would be interested in taking advice from a person who predicted that Washington would win 25 games this year.
      OK, no source just Nabob's opinion; may I suggest that when you are stating an opinion you identify your statement as your opinion and your post should be read as such. With almost 40 thousand postsI a novice reader on this board might actually think you have a source and have relevant knowledge on the subject.

Comment

Well we both know that Marshall's leaving the position of MBB HC was what I wanted and we both know that my letters may well have played a role in that outcome. So I choose to believe that my letters were in your terms quite "good" as they achieved the desired outcome.

Regards your comment about Erik making shots, IMO the coaching he received from Marshall after his juvenile behavior post the WSU victory over UCONN played a major role in Erik's declining shooting skills. You could equate it to what happened to Monica Seles; she was never the same player after being stabbed by the Steffi Graf fan.
        Yeah, because a coach telling a player to cut out the punk behavior is like being stabbed between the shoulder blades....
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• we both know that my letters may well have played a role in that outcome.
          Lol. That's hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            Yeah, because a coach telling a player to cut out the punk behavior is like being stabbed between the shoulder blades....
            Are you implying that you know what Marshall said and did to Erik? I have no idea what Marshall said and/or did but given what as unfolded we all know that Marshall is capable of far worse than just the foul mouthed bullying that I thought he was. Surely when a talent like Austin Reaves walked away from WSU you must have had some critical thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He's shot the same percentage from 3 (30%) all 3 years he's been in college. Very little if any impact on his shooting came from coaching in a single game in his sophomore year.

Also equating someone getting their ass chewed for disrespecting the uniform he was wearing to someone getting physically stabbed is a bit mich
              Apologies for not replying sooner, took longer than I thought to find my previous posts on Eriks shooting stats which follows -

"This season I began tracking his statistical performance with the South Carolina game as I became convinced he had figured out how to play NCAA D1 basketball in that game and established himself a visible leader of the Shocker team.

His stats for the time period South Carolina through and including UConn - 43.7% FG%; 47.1% 3PT%; and 81.6% FT%

His stats for the six game period VCU through and including UConn - 39.1% FG%; 40.5% 3PT%; and 79.5% FT%

His stats for the six game period Temple through Cincinnati - 24.4% FG%; 19.2% 3PT%; and 63.6% FT%

Issues that may or may not influence the above stats

1. Lost starter role against USF (played 12 minutes)

2. Minutes/game declined from 30.2 (South Carolina through UConn) to 19.8 (Temple through Cincinnati)

3. Shocker record with Erik as a starter 17-3; Shocker record with Erik off the bench 2-2"

I also apologize as you failed to recognize that the analogy I was making to Monica Seles dealt with the requirement of self-confidence and peace of mind to maintain the edge of being a superior athlete. Monica went from being the best female tennis player in the world to being an also ran tennis player; she never recovered from the physical assault. After being "coached by Marshall" (to my knowledge what Marshall said and did has never been made public) Erik went from being the best player according to Taylor Eldridge on the 16th ranked NCAA MBB team to being a malcontent also ran NCAA MBB player. Quote from Taylor's article follows -

"Stevenson was WSU’s best player during its 15-1 start to the season when he was averaging better than 14 points per game and the Shockers ascended to as high as No. 16 in the national rankings."

Comment

Well we both know that Marshall's leaving the position of MBB HC was what I wanted and we both know that my letters may well have played a role in that outcome.
                Holy hell, I needed this laugh today. Thank you.

Comment

• delusions.jpg

Comment

Apologies for not replying sooner, took longer than I thought to find my previous posts on Eriks shooting stats which follows -

"This season I began tracking his statistical performance with the South Carolina game as I became convinced he had figured out how to play NCAA D1 basketball in that game and established himself a visible leader of the Shocker team.

His stats for the time period South Carolina through and including UConn - 43.7% FG%; 47.1% 3PT%; and 81.6% FT%

His stats for the six game period VCU through and including UConn - 39.1% FG%; 40.5% 3PT%; and 79.5% FT%

His stats for the six game period Temple through Cincinnati - 24.4% FG%; 19.2% 3PT%; and 63.6% FT%

2. Minutes/game declined from 30.2 (South Carolina through UConn) to 19.8 (Temple through Cincinnati)

3. Shocker record with Erik as a starter 17-3; Shocker record with Erik off the bench 2-2"

I also apologize as you failed to recognize that the analogy I was making to Monica Seles dealt with the requirement of self-confidence and peace of mind to maintain the edge of being a superior athlete. Monica went from being the best female tennis player in the world to being an also ran tennis player; she never recovered from the physical assault. After being "coached by Marshall" (to my knowledge what Marshall said and did has never been made public) Erik went from being the best player according to Taylor Eldridge on the 16th ranked NCAA MBB team to being a malcontent also ran NCAA MBB player. Quote from Taylor's article follows -

"Stevenson was WSU’s best player during its 15-1 start to the season when he was averaging better than 14 points per game and the Shockers ascended to as high as No. 16 in the national rankings."
                    If you want to pick and choose games that allow you think you proved a point that's fine. That's just taking a small sample size and drawing a big conclusion.

Here is my stats to back up my statement that he's good at shooting the ball but bad at making those shots.

Freshman: 158 3pt attempt ... 27.8% 3pt%
                    Sophomore: 168 att, 30.4%
                    Junior: 124 att, 29.8%

that's the entirety of his College career. No picking and choosing games that fit my narrative. He takes LOTS of 3s and makes at best 30% of them.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Ffs, when the hole is above your head, stop digging. ES doesnt need you defending him on a message board, he has his father for that. You're not going to change anyone's opinion or treatment of him. And if ES is fragile because of Marshall, he might as well start his Y league career now.

Comment

If you want to pick and choose games that allow you think you proved a point that's fine. That's just taking a small sample size and drawing a big conclusion.

Here is my stats to back up my statement that he's good at shooting the ball but bad at making those shots.

that's the entirety of his College career. No picking and choosing games that fit my narrative. He takes LOTS of 3s and makes at best 30% of them.
                          To be fair, your statistics do show a 2% improvement between his Freshman and Junior years. I just wonder what his percentage was for the games he started that weren't mentioned by 76. Because 76 mentioned all of the 40+% games, the other games must have been <20%. But I'm sure there is another excuse for those games too. Maybe his daddy was getting to him, or who knows?

Comment

• Would expect the same decision to transfer again next year as well. Until he is the BIG DOG, he and Daddy will never be happy.

Comment

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

I did not "pick and choose games" to make my point. I was looking at trend lines of performance to evaluate Erik's improvement in his second year versus his freshman season as a Shocker. Surely you recall when Erik reported for his Sophomore season posters on Shockernet used exclamatory adjectives to describe his "chisled" body, improved speed and footwork. As season two progressed, his improvement was obvious and recognized by Shockernet posters coupled with Taylor declaring Erik the best player on the Shocker roster and recognizing Erik's contribution to the Shocker's season performance and national ranking. Erik had improved to making >40% of his field goal attempts and >80% of his free throws. Then we see the decline in his performance post the UCONN game and Marshall's so-called coaching. Your end of year Season 2 data supports my contention that Marshall's coaching destroyed Erik's confidence/contribution to the Shockers on the basketball court.

As for his Junior year numbers, again a reflection of the negative impact of Marshall's coaching post the UCONN game. IMO Erik is very unlikely to regain the skills he was demonstrating when he took the Shockers to a 17-3 record and national ranking.

Does the name Peyton Allen ring a bell? From what I have heard from people involved with Peyton, he too is a victim of Marshall's bullying and depressive coaching. A young and talented basketball player who transfers from Texas A&M to replace Ron Baker at the 2 position but is "body shamed" by Marshall and leaves Wichita 13 months after joining the Shocker roster and without playing a single minute of basketball. And then there is Austin Reaves!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

You are not allowed to ever ask that question of someone else ....EVER...

Comment

Working...
                                X