No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I refer Aargh and others back to page one of this thread and Aargh's own post re Eric. "That type of effort is contagious. IMHO, we
    haven't seen a player who could affect the rest of the team that way since RB & FVV" - - "refuse to lose" attitude, as well

Comment

• Erik can be a useful piece, if he wants to be

Comment

• He can be the difference maker, if he wants to be.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          1. Was hoping I had made my points but I guess not. I basically said he was the closest thing we had to a leader and
          the leadership quality he has exhibited has been his intensity / desire which I believe positively impacted others to play
          harder also the result being better team performance. That is a form of leadership in my book - by example.
          2. If you have played anywhere above rec ball you probably know that "trash talking" is part of the game. Many
          players use it to get in the man they are covering's head.....I know I did. You can look foolish doing it if you can't back
          it up but good players, and ES is a good player IMO, can make it an effective tool. Doesn't work all the time. Larry Bird was
          a famous trash talker along with many MANY others and just about all of them leaders in one way or another.
          3. Last, if you happen to be reading this ES please know that I am pretty certain 99% of the fan base loves your game and
          is looking forward to another two plus years of watching you play for the Shockers. Let em hang and have fun !!

I totally respect your opinion but we're going to have to agree to disagree on ES' leadership. A few more thoughts:

1) Intensity can go both ways. Some can channel it to always be a positive (FVV textbook example). Body language is toxic right now. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial. Perhaps that will change???

2) Quote from today's article, "WSU has one senior, center JE on its 2019-20 roster. Marshall said JE was the first to open up to his teammates at Monday's practice." So no mention of anyone else. That would have been a prime opportunity to display leadership traits. In fact the only other player I can recall this season mentioned by TE in an article is DD voicing some urgency/support. In general this team lacks a leader. JE is trying, appears to be the closest and wants to win more than anyone else but it's probably not in his wheelhouse.

3) I'll concur with Aargh, ES' dad is a piece of work. I've never seen a parent of the program openly question coaching moves and trash fans. That has to factor into things.

Comment

• 1. respect yours, as well. now, the only leadership quality I mentioned was his desire/intensity which both Aargh and myself felt
            was a positive. As for curing hurt feelings of others I doubt seriously that he leads the team in that department. FVV didn't either.
            2. I think his recent poor play has been due to frustration.
            3. I'll say it again. I don't think this team recovers as a team without him.
            4. As far as I know ES's dad's involvement is history and it's only counterproductive for everyone concerned to beat that dead horse
            5. Team and fans are all frustrated. I'm frustrated. There will be no cure until synergy is restored. Big game for us tomorrow in so many
            ways. Win or lose I'll still be behind the coach and team.

Comment

• The image I cannot get out of my mind (and now it's on tape and part of the scout) was in the Cincy game when he got the ball in the backcourt, dribbled once, two defenders started toward him, he panicked, picked up his dribble and flung the ball over the scorer's table. Taking instruction from him is gonna be difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                The image I cannot get out of my mind (and now it's on tape and part of the scout) was in the Cincy game when he got the ball in the backcourt, dribbled once, two defenders started toward him, he panicked, picked up his dribble and flung the ball over the scorer's table. Taking instruction from him is gonna be difficult.
                I watched that happen in a NBA game last night... probably just sweaty palms.

Last edited by WstateU; February 12, 2020, 06:10 PM.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Bump.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShox View Post
                    Bump.
                    Im sure you’ll see a lot of crickets in here tonight.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Oh yeah you know it. Where are all the Haters.

Comment

• He took what the game gave him tonight. Played hard. Rebounded well. All things he was doing before his slump.

Hope we’re back to seeing this Erik on a game-to-game bases. (Obviously 27 points isn’t going to be the norm, but the points will come.)

The Assman

Comment

• One player to explain ES’s turnaround tonight—-that would be ES.

Comment

• Damn good game. UCF couldn’t cut the head of the snake off.

Comment

• I'm one of the ES fans who loves his behavior on the court, and probably the only one who wants him to be a slightly less mercurial version of Marshall Henderson. Good for him tonight and hope he got his swagger back tonight.

Comment

• No idea why UCF kept leaving him open after he made a couple. The rest of the league sure hasn't. 'Preciate it, Kahniggets.

Comment

Working...
                                X