Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post

Very fair. Very.

Along that line of thinking though, not many guys look like they like each other much lately. Guys used to run to help their teammates up off the floor... don't see that anymore, no matter who it is.
    Could it be a culture thing?

Comment

• Hes trying to hard... needs to relax and flow!
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Play good defense and you will see the court. ES has to step up his D again.

shooting may come and go, D and effort must not.

Comment

• I just want to see the kid smile, I want to see the team smile. I know we’re losing but dang it’s hard to see so much somber ness.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Could it be a culture thing?
            Stevenson is a trash-talking kid from the suburbs. Gotta have a lot of game to back that up playing with kids from the city.

I checked shots and points per 30 minutes for the guards. Stevenson takes about 2 more shots per 30 than Burton and Etienne and 3 more than Sherfield. Burton has been accused of shooting every time he gets the ball, but it looks like Stevenson is more prone to that. Etienne (37%), Sherfield (36%) and Stevenson (38%) have similar shooting percentages. Both Etienne and Sherfield are scoring more per 30 minutes than Stevenson while taking fewer shots per 30. Burton is at 44% from the field.

Looking at points per 30 minutes, the order is Etienne, Burton, Sherfield, Stevenson. You don't talk trash and act cocky or arrogant with the game Stevenson is putting out.

He had a great motor, he worked hard, he hustled every play, but those terms are used in past, not present, tense.

Anybody else notice that Stevenson and Dennis have pretty much never been good at the same time? There's things that make you go hmmm. Not saying there's bad blood there, but ...hmmm.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 30 pages of posts on a proud Shocker player who is 1.5 years into his D1 basketball career....my my my
              Attached Files
              Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; February 10, 2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Stevenson is a trash-talking kid from the suburbs. Gotta have a lot of game to back that up playing with kids from the city.

I checked shots and points per 30 minutes for the guards. Stevenson takes about 2 more shots per 30 than Burton and Etienne and 3 more than Sherfield. Burton has been accused of shooting every time he gets the ball, but it looks like Stevenson is more prone to that. Etienne (37%), Sherfield (36%) and Stevenson (38%) have similar shooting percentages. Both Etienne and Sherfield are scoring more per 30 minutes than Stevenson while taking fewer shots per 30. Burton is at 44% from the field.

Looking at points per 30 minutes, the order is Etienne, Burton, Sherfield, Stevenson. You don't talk trash and act cocky or arrogant with the game Stevenson is putting out.

He had a great motor, he worked hard, he hustled every play, but those terms are used in past, not present, tense.

Anybody else notice that Stevenson and Dennis have pretty much never been good at the same time? There's things that make you go hmmm. Not saying there's bad blood there, but ...hmmm.
                Uh slow your roll Aargh.

ES was the one carrying this team when DD was checked out. He had plenty of leeway to “talk” at that point.

Then the snowflake crowd didn’t like him giving UConn fans the treatment on the way out and he hasn’t played the same since.

Prolly just a big ol coincidence, amirite?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
                  I noticed that when a certain one plays well we tend to win nearly every time. Which one do you think I am referring to?

would be nice to see them both hitting at the same time

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Then the snowflake crowd didn’t like him giving UConn fans the treatment on the way out and he hasn’t played the same since.

Prolly just a big ol coincidence, amirite?
                    I would bet money - goodly sums - that you just included Marshall and several of his teammates as among the snowflake crowd.

Are you saying Stevenson found out there were fans who disapproved of his actions and that's why he's in a funk? I don't think it's a coincidence. I think he got his ass chewed, spit out, and handed to him. Now he's deep in a HUGE doghouse, so he probably did not react to that in a manner deemed appropriate.

It doesn't even look like he's trying now compared to the earlier part of the season.

Comment

I would bet money - goodly sums - that you just included Marshall and several of his teammates as among the snowflake crowd.

Are you saying Stevenson found out there were fans who disapproved of his actions and that's why he's in a funk? I don't think it's a coincidence. I think he got his ass chewed, spit out, and handed to him. Now he's deep in a HUGE doghouse, so he probably did not react to that in a manner deemed appropriate.

It doesn't even look like he's trying now compared to the earlier part of the season.
                      thoughts and prayers while you recover from the devastating Stevenson kiss

Comment

lol you think ES got his reamed for blowing a kiss to UConn fans who were giving him **** the whole game? I’ll bet you HUGE sums of money that Marshall probably never even heard of it. ES is active on social media though. You connect the dots.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Absolutely 100% right on point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol you think ES got his reamed for blowing a kiss to UConn fans who were giving him **** the whole game? I’ll bet you HUGE sums of money that Marshall probably never even heard of it. ES is active on social media though. You connect the dots.
                            Absolutely and deservedly. Marshall is NOT going to put up with crap like that on his team. Considering the class and maturity shown by the rest of the players, I bet some of them were not happy. Being a poor winner is never a good way to go. You don't gloat when you win.

Have you participated in any competitive activities where there's communication among your various opponents? Get a rep for being a showboat and a clown and you just gave every opponent a reason to beat you. You NEVER give an opponent a reason to beat you.

If Stevenson can't handle heckling from opposing fans, he has no business attempting to play D1 basketball. He let fans get under his skin. That's a sign of immaturity, not an excuse for a complete lack of class and being an asshole.

Comment

If Stevenson can't handle heckling from opposing fans, he has no business attempting to play D1 basketball.
                              WTH?

Comment

Absolutely and deservedly. Marshall is NOT going to put up with crap like that on his team. Considering the class and maturity shown by the rest of the players, I bet some of them were not happy. Being a poor winner is never a good way to go. You don't gloat when you win.

Have you participated in any competitive activities where there's communication among your various opponents? Get a rep for being a showboat and a clown and you just gave every opponent a reason to beat you. You NEVER give an opponent a reason to beat you.

If Stevenson can't handle heckling from opposing fans, he has no business attempting to play D1 basketball. He let fans get under his skin. That's a sign of immaturity, not an excuse for a complete lack of class and being an asshole.
                                Have you played D1 basketball before, Aargh? How about any type of competitive sport outside of darts? Do you go silent and hold your tongue when you’re getting barked at while throwing at 20’s?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X