Wichita State at Oklahoma State Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I don't think you have to pick apart the play of our team to conclude that a borderline top 25 team on the road is a tall hurdle to overcome for any team, especially a young team.

For crying out loud, KU is going to have their hands full in Stillwater. We're going to have our hands full in Stillwater.

We just need to make sure we learn something here. We can learn success. Just has to be something.
    The problem is if we want to avoid starting an NIT streak, we’re gonna have to start winning some games against similar-minded competition.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We have four quality non con left. Just want two of them.
      I like our chances better in the last three than I do Sunday. That being said, if we defend and rebound, we will be in the game at the end.

Comment

Hate to root against the Shocks, but man do they struggle to score the ball. Again (so far).

Maybe they can reach down, "Play Ugly," and still win. That's not a joke either. It they win an ugly game by only 1 point I'll be extremely happy. Outside of JE and ES they've not demonstrated enough confidence to win on the road that I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
          I didn’t see anything last night to convince me we’ve learned anything from the WVU loss. I mean, the Bears are just not the same level of the Mountaineers. This will be a great test for our youngsters but I don’t know that they are capable of going into Stillwater and come away with a win. First team to 65 wins.
          If we can make it to 65, I like our chances. But can we even made it to 55?

Comment

I'm feeling pretty good. WV was an anomaly, and a great antidote for the Shocks. Those two monsters they got are going to eat a lot of lunches this year.

We can beat OSU, and even beat them at their defensive game. We just gotta get REALLY ANGRY.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              Hate to root against the Shocks, but man do they struggle to score the ball. Again (so far).

Maybe they can reach down, "Play Ugly," and still win. That's not a joke either. It they win an ugly game by only 1 point I'll be extremely happy. Outside of JE and ES they've not demonstrated enough confidence to win on the road that I've seen.
              Not to be nit picking but we have only played two games away from HCA this year. The first half of last year was horrible but we did pick up the pace on the back side which was due in part to playing the weaker teams (outside of our nit run] in the AAC. We have more people capable of shooting from the outside vs last year. Besides SJH and MM we had no reliable outside threat and I was usually nervous about those two as well. This will be a very tough game but if they can defend like they did in the SC game and ES GS TE can keep the Cowpokes honest by hitting from the outside they have a good chance of stealing one.

Comment

ESPN giving us about a 26% chance of winning this game. I like our odds!
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

What if we blow these candy-ass Pokes pricks out by 20 in there house? Would it make you guys believers?

I've conducted my own research and determined the only game we lost this year was the one where Pin failed to announce to us bitches that it was game day. As long as he doesn't let us down tomorrow morning, we will win comfortably.

Really looking forward to the caravan of Shocker fans headed south on I35 toward Stoolwater tomorrow. Seeing all the cars headed to St. Louis for the tournament was one one the best memories of of the old MVC days.

GO SHOCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    What if we blow these candy-ass Pokes pricks out by 20 in there house? Would it make you guys believers?

I've conducted my own research and determined the only game we lost this year was the one where Pin failed to announce to us bitches that it was game day. As long as he doesn't let us down tomorrow morning, we will win comfortably.

Really looking forward to the caravan of Shocker fans headed south on I35 toward Stoolwater tomorrow. Seeing all the cars headed to St. Louis for the tournament was one one the best memories of of the old MVC days.

GO SHOCKS!
                    It wouldn't take a 20 point blow out to make me a believer. A win by 1 point would do the trick.

In researching OSU, it appears they employ the same type of defense as West Virginia; defensive pressure way up top and throw in the occasional zone. The key to this game is our point guard has to be able to deal with the pressure up top, make the right reads and passes and not turn it over. If he can do that, and dish the ball to open three point shooters, we have to knock them down at a decent rate (40 percent or better for the game). Lastly, Jaime has to be a presence down low and avoid foul trouble. OSU's big man is 6'10" and 238, Jaime is 6'11" and 258. Jaime needs to take their big man (Yor Anei) to school. That dude already has 25 blocked shots this year and shoots 58% from the field.

That's a lot of what ifs but I'm really, really hoping the experience the Shox gained from playing WVU prepares them well for this game to get the win.

Comment

Bump. This thread is way too far down on the forum.

Comment

"Oklahoma is Ok" = 67
                        "Land of Ahs" = 72

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

https://www.vegasinside

Vegas opened up with the Shockers as 5.5 dogs.

Comment

"The Cowboys might be without their best player for a second consecutive game after Isaac Likekele missed OSU’s game Wednesday night with an undisclosed illness."

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                              Bump. This thread is way too far down on the forum.
                              Attendance issues!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                "The Cowboys might be without their best player for a second consecutive game after Isaac Likekele missed OSU’s game Wednesday night with an undisclosed illness."
                                Gonorrhea?
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X