• Show
Clear All

• Wichita State at Oklahoma State Pre-Game Discussion

Description: WICHITA STATE AT OKLAHOMA STATE
    When: DEC 8 (SUN) 1:00 P.M
    Where: STILLWATER, OKLA. GALLAGHER-IBA ARENA
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM https://keyn.radio.com/
    TV: ESPNU

The Oklahoma State basketball team was picked sixth in the Big 12 Conference Preseason Poll, which is its highest selection by the league's coaches since 2013-14. Entering Coach Mike Boynton's third season at the helm, the Cowboys return all five starters and 78 percent of their scoring to a roster that will also feature a unanimous top-25 recruiting class. Last season, Oklahoma State forward Yor Anei led the Big 12 and tied the school record for blocked shots, and on Wednesday the league's head coaches rewarded him with a spot on the Preseason All-Big 12 Honorable Mention team.

Odd Makers:
    Vegas: OSU by 5.5
    DRatings: OSU 73% by 6.6
    ESPN: OSU 74%
    INCCSTATS: OSU 70% by 6.0
    KenPom: OSU 68% by 5.0
    Massey: OSU 60% by 3.0
    Nolan: OSU by 2.0
    Sagarin: OSU by 4.9
    Torvik: OSU 62% by 2.9
    Wilson: OSU 65% by 7.0
    Shocks Win by 10+
    5.17%
    Shocks Win by 5+
    15.52%
    Shocks Win by 1+
    20.69%
    Toss Up - Could Go Either Way
    24.14%
    Shocks Lose by 1+
    1.72%
    Shocks Lose by 5+
    18.97%
    Shocks Lose by 10+
    13.79%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; December 8, 2019, 09:11 AM.

Cant vote against our Shocks!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Honestly I'm shocked that Lindy Waters is still at OSU. Seems like he's been there forever.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

(for starters I was nearly correct in my prediction on the Central Ark game). We may not have won by 220 points, but it seemed like it. And in a way, I'm not sure we won anything at all in that game.

OSU is tall and athletic. They have great balance on the O side. They can go 10 guys easily with their bench. They have senior leadership. They are coming off a loss AT HOME so they will be motivated and play with a sense of urgency. It took an all-star performance from a possible NBA player (McClung) to beat OSU at home, and that's with Patrick Ewing on the other side of the bench (not sure on his coaching in other words). He recruits, they play great D, but he kind of "bill-selfs" it...."Remember guys, we don't score, we don't win. Now get out there and score." (Bill Self would have made for a great cameo appearance in the movie American Pie many years ago. At a Lacrosse game the head coach tells his guys "you saw what happened to Oz out there. You don't score, until you score."

I don't usually pick against the Shocks, but have to side with the bad guys on this one. With the flu thing going around, I don't know who from WSU will be healthy, who will be ill. That may go for our coach as well. Shocks coming off a weird game that didn't make any sense. Not entirely sure of the identity of this team - but like a chess board we have some nice pieces. Sadly some of them are just standing around on the perimeter too much waiting for something to happen or to receive a pass. We seem capable of great defense, but I don't know if we can outscore OSU on this one. Bad guys by 9.

Comment

I was the only one that I noticed who predicted the WVU loss but apologize if I missed anyone else who did. Now, we
          are an underdog at OSU. I have a better feeling now and think we will win this game especially if our centers as a group
          can hold their own. Great test for all our guys. I'll go 64-61 Shox

Comment

I like our chances...Shox by 5

Comment

Could go either way. Gut tells me Pokes by 7.

Comment

With hero ball still occurring, so-so offense attempting to be ran, and our best player still cloudy between the ears, I see no way how this team has proven it can beat an upper-half Big 12 team on the road.

OSU by 14.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'd like our chances better if they were not coming off of a loss.

Comment

OK State would have beat Georgetown if their best player, Isaac Likekele didn't miss the game because of the flu. I just hope none of our key players fall ill.

Anyway, OSU plays good defense holding their opponents to 25% shooting from the 3 and 35% overall. On the flip side, they don't shoot the 3 particularly well....only 32% overall.

They're not as big as WVU, close, but not quite.. Their starting five goes 6'10", 6'7", 6'6", 6'4" and 6'4".

The only common opponent is Oral Roberts who they beat at home by 5 points.

I think OSU beats us because they're key players are more experienced. Three of their starters are seniors with two sophomores and they all average double digits ppg.

The only way we beat OSU is that our young team learned a valuable lesson from the WVU game, must shoot 40 percent or better from 3 (like Georgetown did) and keep the rebound disparity to a minimum. At this time, I'm not seeing any synergy out on the court. The whole is definitely not greater than the sum of its parts with this team. Not because of coaching, we're just young and it's going to take some time.

Comment

I don't think you have to pick apart the play of our team to conclude that a borderline top 25 team on the road is a tall hurdle to overcome for any team, especially a young team.

For crying out loud, KU is going to have their hands full in Stillwater. We're going to have our hands full in Stillwater.

We just need to make sure we learn something here. We can learn success. Just has to be something.

Comment

it's very frustrating to see wichita state as one of the youngest teams in the country two years in a row. that's not supposed to be the norm (unle$$ you're a blueblood, bringing in the best that money can buy with ncaa approval, year after year).

and yet.. maybe just maybe they can show some moxie this sunday.

Comment

I'm enjoying watching these guys improve over last season. Our Freshmen are all studs. The best athlete looks to be redshirting.

With all of the defections and NBA jump - I'm happy to be in the position we are in. This is going to be a good season....Next year Look Out !!!

Comment

I didn’t see anything last night to convince me we’ve learned anything from the WVU loss. I mean, the Bears are just not the same level of the Mountaineers. This will be a great test for our youngsters but I don’t know that they are capable of going into Stillwater and come away with a win. First team to 65 wins.

Comment

I picked this as a loss early on and have not seen anything, yet, to believe we can beat a team of OSU's capability on their home court.

The good news is that these next three games should prepare us well for the start of conference play.

Comment

Working...
                              X