Wichita State at Oklahoma State Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Eldridge's breakdown of what the Shox need to win gives an in-depth look at how OSU plays. Looks like one of the worst matchups the Shox could have. If OSU's PG (Likekele) can play (he's a game-time decision - been sick), any remotely lazy perimeter pass will result in 2 points for OSU.

They've got a 6'10" rim protector who blocks pretty much everything on drives to the basket. As a result, OSU's opponents have been taking a high percentage of 3-pointers, but are making a very low percentage of them. The low % from 3 against OSU is probably frustration with not being able to get an offense going, and then shooting a 3 because nothing else is working. Sort of like what we saw when we played WVU.

https://www-1.kansas.com/sports/coll...238157999.html
    I’m most worried about the lazy passes. With the lone exception of Erik, it seems all of our guards are guilty of allowing our opponents to easily steal lazy passes all season, as short as it is.

but I like our chances against their big guy. I think Jaime is getting back to the form he was in at the end of last season.

Comment

Fantastic start!!! Speaking of attendance issues, lol, poor OkSt
      edit: damn, wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

I’m most worried about the lazy passes. With the lone exception of Erik, it seems all of our guards are guilty of allowing our opponents to easily steal lazy passes all season, as short as it is.

but I like our chances against their big guy. I think Jaime is getting back to the form he was in at the end of last season.
        The top 30 rate in offensive turnover percentage disagrees. Definitely some growth needed by the freshmen. Luckily, they are freshmen and they are getting those opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

The top 30 rate in offensive turnover percentage disagrees. Definitely some growth needed by the freshmen. Luckily, they are freshmen and they are getting those opportunities.
          My comment was based on the pre-game analysis by Taylor in that their guards were pretty good at picking off lazy passes. Of course, that was based on Likekele playing. He didn’t and it clearly has a pretty big impact on the Pokes. Nonetheless, our guards seemed to do okay today, didn’t they?!

Comment

Top 5% here!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

love the taste of raw egg on the face.. nice win shox!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

He must be a native okie.
                yes he is. a pretty good attorney if i might add as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Top 5% here!

Well Done!!!

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

yes he is. a pretty good attorney if i might add as well.
                    Not a handicapper I take it.

Comment

Working...
                    X