Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
    Originally posted by RoyalShock
    And it's time to quit quoting it. F-bombs are no-nos here regardless of who said it.
    I didnt say an F-bomb or quote one. I censored it.
    Doesn't matter. Please read the guidelines about substituting characters to "censor" it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold_Shox
      If you saw him at the airport or restaurant or somewhere without a big bouncer looking dude in a 'CROWD CONTROL' shirt and a barrier between you and the coach, would you be so brave to say that ?
      I wouldnt say it because its not like i had something against mike davis coming into that game it was merely about getting in his and his players heads. thats all it ever is.

but if it comes down to being scared.
      Nah.
      "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
      CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

I'm sure subgod can agree with me on this one, being a fellow official.. I know as coaches and officials, we are not supposed to get involved with fans, but sometimes they cross the line and it's extremely hard not to. You just want to retaliate, but you can't. Coach Davis let his emotions get the best of him, it happens. I will admit, the Shockers don't have the most classy fans all the time, but that's any team

Comment

Call me crazy, but I'd like people to leave town with a decent impression of our fan base. They might even think about coming back that way. You can be loud, proud and taunt but come on - know where that line is.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
            I'm sure subgod can agree with me on this one, being a fellow official.. I know as coaches and officials, we are not supposed to get involved with fans, but sometimes they cross the line and it's extremely hard not to. You just want to retaliate, but you can't. Coach Davis let his emotions get the best of him, it happens. I will admit, the Shockers don't have the most classy fans all the time, but that's any team
            I am an official. as well. I ref mayb and such. and i will tell you one thing Mike Davis wouldnt be in any game that any decent official officiated after all the whining and yelling he did at that official.

And thats the point.
            To be completely honest. Coming into the game i really liked mike davis.
            I liked him at IU... I truly did.
            People get heckled at games.
            Thats how it is thats how its gonna be.
            Its a mental game.
            Mike davis saying be quiet to our student section would be one thing.
            but the quote he said to my friend which has been quoted above which was insulting was over the line for a COACH.

anyone with a brain can agree i hope.

I didnt insult mike, in fact i liked him i just stated a fact to 'roam in his dome'

Comment

I didnt say antyhing about him as a person.
              all we said was
              you got fired.
              which he did.

thats not the line.

Things have been said by people in the student section that were over the line and i can admit it.... that.
              ive possibly said things that were just too much.
              exp about dana altman.
              but
              to say YOU GOT FIRED....
              is not over the line.
              To call a student what Mike caleld one of ours tonight is over the line.

Comment

Coach Davis may have had a legitimate complaint on the 5th foul call on Vaden, although I can't really say I had a good view of it.

However, the officials did miss his "actual" fifth foul a couple of seconds before they did foul him out. He rally barged into one of our guys on what was a very, very obvious charge. The charge they did call on him was much more questionable IMHO. Perhaps a little make up for what I'm sure is a call the refs had to know that they missed. Had to be obvious to at least 2 of the 3.

No question it was a pretty iffy job (at best) by this officiating crew. However, there is also no doubt that overall the Shocks were hurt far more by the officials than UAB was.

Vaden is the real deal, but UAB clearly relies too much on him and has not developed a good team concept.

I was very surprised by the size of the crowd that made it out to the game. I would say 6,500 to 7,000. Atmosphere was pretty normal. Most of the no shows were probably the folks who would sit on there hands anyway.

Play of the game. PJ's clutch 3 pointer frome well beyond the arc, when we were gasping for air a little bit late in the game.

Player of the game was no doubt Phil T. He was very active, great rebounding fundamentals and a very solid offensive outing in another game where he was at a significant size disadvantage. Several offensive plays standout. The Alley Oop on a long pass from Matt. A great tip in in the first half. A great fall away jumper on the baseline in the second half.
                Also, Phil was one of our few frontcourt players that was able to avoid foul trouble. The guy definitely seems determined to make his last go around a memorable one.

Coach Marshall did a great job managing the deep foul trouble the Shocks found themselves in.

The encouraging thing to me is that we still have a lot of room for improvement and I think we will continue to improve as a team as the year progresses. I don't think we are close to peaking yet.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

There's a big difference between MAYB and D1 college. Those officials are instructed to take a lot more crap from the coaches than an MAYB official is. The reason why? Quite simply, D1 coaches are punsihed for their actions, MAYB coaches are not. They can get kicked out of a game and come back and coach the next game, which I think is crap.

Comment

I think the officials did blow the 5th foul on Vaden. I didn't see the play, but I did listen to it on the radio, and the announcer were stunned when the foul was called. Like they couldn't believe it either

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
                      There's a big difference between MAYB and D1 college. Those officials are instructed to take a lot more crap from the coaches than an MAYB official is. The reason why? Quite simply, D1 coaches are punsihed for their actions, MAYB coaches are not. They can get kicked out of a game and come back and coach the next game, which I think is crap.

So you dont think he should have gotten a technical on the 5th time jawing in that officials face?

Are you and Subgod D1 officials?

Comment

thats not the line.
                        I disagree.

Are you a big E.E. cummings fan ?

I am done.

Comment

Hard to say really, without being there to know what was actually said. A coach can jaw on me all he wants, especially if I know I blew a call. But when I hold up the stop sign, he needs to shut up. From my understanding the official never held up the stop sign which tells me what was being said wasn't that bad.

Comment

he did and he tried to walk off and he pursued and pursued.... and his coaches had to restrain him then a few plays later he went after the ref again.
                            no T?

all 7000 or so who saw it and have any common sense knew he should have gotten a T

Comment

and to be honest had Mike Davis shook hands with everyone and not whined and whined after the game.
                              alot of us prolly wouldnt be on here writing about him.

Comment

well who cares, the game is over anyways. Maybe Coach Davis was trying to get a technical and the official refused to give him one. I've done that before too

Comment

Working...
                                X