No announcement yet.

Mike Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He called you a naughty name ? You should probably be glad he didn't come up there and crown you.

Comment

The biggest regret I have tonight about pussin out to the weather was not seeing Coach Davis in action, I loved the way he worked the refs at IU. My wife that hates sports even commented back in the day in that Final Four (??) game vs Duke when Jayson Williams missed the free throw when he was going batsheet insane that she loved his enthusiasm. The guy is nuts.

Comment

Mike Davis cursing out a fan for that personal statement, to me, is like one random guy cursing out another random guy.
        at that point mike davis wasn't in coach mode.
        like telling some business excutive that he sucked up his previous job and got fired.

anyhow, while i think the comment to mike davis was classless, thats what students do. they harass and get in peoples heads.
        i get the feeling that this comment was made after the game, if so, there is no reason to get in his head. games over.
        if it was before the end, then cool. it may have had a minimal effect on helping them suck it up down the stretch.

now on to mikes whinning.
        i used to like the guy, he's always been a whiner, but i used to like him.
        but man... i only listened on the radio but... sounded like he was complaining to much. the shox were being called for everything... yet he wanted more.
        then during a full time out, he was yellin at the refs and not instructing his players... stubburn and ignorant. stupid.

i don't like him.
        veni, vidi, vici

Comment

He definitely has a passion for the game, and good enthusiasm. I've always liked coach Davis, despite what happened tonight. And I don't know what really happened because I wasn't there. I definitely was glad to see them beat Duke in the Sweet Sixteen that year though, made my day!

Comment

Originally posted by Harold_Shox
            He called you a naughty name ? You should probably be glad he didn't come up there and crown you.
            The Blazers WERE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!

/but we didn't let 'em off the hook.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

shouldn't it be the shocks in instead of the Blazers?

Comment

god i hate the word class

anyways

I yelled out a few time that davis couldnt hack it in the big 10

even though I know thats a lie but as a fan i reserve the right to yell out and heckle the opposing team anyway i choose fit.

if you have a problem ive got 2 words for ya

Comment

Mike Davis can eat it. I hope he got snow in his dress shoe as he boarded the plane with his tail firmly between his shivering legs. Shox win, UAB loses. Good bye and Merry Christmas. NEXT!!

Comment

WOW. I've never liked Mike and tonight showed why. I still don't like the guy and if we never play one of his teams again I couldn't care less.

I don't know exactly what was said, or how it was said from the students but yelling back with profanity is never a good thing. Especially for a "professional." However, a response of some kind doesn't surprise or upset me. I do wish we could be a little more creative with our taunts than that but it is what it is.

And I don't think Davis should have gotten a T from watching it. The official was over there listening and didn't seem like he had had enough or that Davis was being overly abusive at the time. I do dislike the fact that the official went over and spent so much time listening to him. Play shouldn't be stopped for that long to let a coach vent. If he has a question/complaint about something fine. Hear him out and give him a short answer and get back to the game. I understand why some fans who haven't really experienced being an official would think it should be a T. But I think they're wrong. That delay looked worse for the official than it did Davis.

No, I don't do D1 ball and I'm not sure if I'd ever want to or not, despite the nice paycheck. But basketball is basketball for the most part and I understand the subtle differences between HS and college. Davis is a dick and an overly emotional and I think he lets it get the best of him. He did whine too much but with how the offials were acting and responding to his complaints he wasn't going to get a T. You also have to take into account that his best player had just fouled out and he was going to be upset and complain.

I will disagree with something shockerfanmas said about MAYB coaches. Some do pay a price for their actions and I did a game a few years ago that had a coach removed from the National Tournament and banned from coaching MAYB ever again.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Shouda got a T earlier. Dunno why he didn't. We were getting whistled for everything and he wanted more? What a jerk. Somebody said Vaden's 5th was the result of missing his actual 5th 2 seconds before at the top of the key. That's what I thought. I wish they had run out that mini-thug from Chicago earlier in the evening as well.

Comment

I watched Coach Davis going through the line, and upon approaching Coach Marshall, he wasn't looking at him, but looking and yelling at the official. It appeared he held onto Coach Marshall's hand as he said what needed to be said, something along the lines on "Go back to high school", then said something to Coach Marshall and moved on.

It did appear he said something to Gal, and it bothered me at first, but when Gal turned around, he had kind of a crack smile on his face.

I think the chant was pretty good, and definitely got a response from Coach Davis, which is the point. That he reacted so badly too it will probably haunt him in the long run due to how things spread on the internet.

One thing I would like to see our students do is give a nice applause to teams as they leave the floor, even after heckling the crap out of them. I was at a small college basketball game where they did that as the opposing team headed to locker room, and thought it was great. Not like an ovation, but just repect for coming to Wichita and losing(which a lot of teams will do while Coach Marshall is at the helm), you know, like when a player gets hurt and then gets up.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
                          I think the officials did blow the 5th foul on Vaden. I didn't see the play, but I did listen to it on the radio
                          Your offering an opinion on a foul you didn't see...That's hilarious. Did you happen to stay at a holiday inn express.

Comment

It was a make-up call. The called foul was iffy, but the one they missed, wow. He lowered his shoulder like a running back and blew through one of ours...

Don't remember who. Thought it was Matt...
                            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                            Students > Alumni
                            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

It was Gal wasn't it? He was trying, I mean he paused after running over the first guy, and when the whistle didn't blow, he charged hard into Ramon who didn't even bother to raise his hands, just locked them low and took it.

Yes, Vaden make some big shots in the second half, but where was he in the first? I read that some thought UAB wasn't that good of a team, but noone could buy a bucket in the first half, and they did the smart thing and got him the ball (as we would do Cooz in the same situation).

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                                It was a make-up call. The called foul was iffy, but the one they missed, wow. He lowered his shoulder like a running back and blew through one of ours...

Don't remember who. Thought it was Matt...
                                That's exactly what I told my brother. He heard it from the other room and came in. Vaden got away with one on Matt or Gal, I don't remember who. I don't know how that one wasn't called. The one that Clemente drew was definitely iffy, but considering what he had just gotten away with should have been called.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X