Wichita State vs. West Virginia Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    I’m of the opinion that we are looking for a 4/5 right now for next year. It’s gotta be someone ready to play, so the staff will be picky. If it’s not there, it’s not there.
    We have Bilau, if his unusual medical situation can be corrected.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Watching this team over the summer and before the season started, there was experimentation with 2 bigs on the floor at times, along with Trey learning the 3 spot. I've been hoping to see more time for 2 bigs, but it's a tough balancing act between experimenting and winning.

The fact of the matter is you are less likely to be successful if you're the smaller team in D1 basketball. Doesn't mean you can't be successful, just that it's more difficult. If we intend to be successful in March, it's probably not going to be with a lot of 6'5" type 4s.

Something WVU rubbed our collective noses in on Wednesday.
      I like this concept, but just my opinion, there are some other considerations.

A team needs 3 guys (minimum) who can hit from 3. A team also needs 2 perimeter guys who can penetrate and finish at the rim. If the PG is also a shooter, then you need a PF who can bang (6'9" type). If the PG isn't a threat from 3, then the PF needs to be a threat from 3. That would be an Early-type PF. We're starting to see 6'8"+ PF's who can hit from 3 and bang inside.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        whew.. thank goodness we didn't have to play uni (who outrebounded wvu by 5 the night before). they would have kicked wsu tail even worse than wvu did.
        Whew yes they are world beaters.

Comment

• Stevenson Picks Up Weekly AAC Honor

A standout performance at the Cancun Challenge has earned Erik Stevenson a spot on this week's American Athletic Conference Honor Roll, the league announced Monday.

Stevenson – a 6-foot-3 sophomore from Lacey, Wash. -- averaged 20.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.0 steals and made the Cancun Challenge all-tournament team. He put up 19 points – all in the first half – in a rout of South Carolina and matched his career-high with 22 points in the championship game against West Virginia.

It's the first weekly award of Stevenson's career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

We have Bilau, if his unusual medical situation can be corrected.
            What is his medical situation, I didn't hear of it before. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post

What is his medical situation, I didn't hear of it before. Thanks
              He's from France.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

He's from France.
                He has Machron's Disease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He has Machron's Disease.
                  Are you actually meaning to insult the young fella?

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post

I laughed. Poking fun =/= insult. Get that PC trash outta here, Wendy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post

Nothing political but simply a "play" on the French President Immanuel Machron and Chron's disease done at the risk of going past people. Nothing more and nothing less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Nothing political but simply a "play" on the French President Immanuel Machron and Chron's disease done at the risk of going past people. Nothing more and nothing less.
                        K. I actually didn't know to what you were referring so looked it up. The urban dictionary explanation is pretty gross.

Comment

• If this irritates a few of you AM deniers, so be it. I am not related to him or even know him at all. I watched the game for a third
                          time as I like to break down for myself what went wrong. I really focused on him and his play and I will say it again - his defense
                          was solid, in fact, very solid. Watch the tape. In addition, you can't blame his offense when the perimeter guys completely
                          ignore him when he flashes open or has good position. RT could find him a deliver a pass so why can't the others? I'd also like to
                          add that I'd defend ANY of our players unfairly characterized. Again, watch the tape.
                          Last edited by asiseeit; December 4, 2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Wichita State's Gregg Marshall wants Shockers to bounce back

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                              I wasn’t watching the game some of you were. All I want for Christmas are two top 200 centers who can rebound the basketball. This was not a team loss IMO. I put the blame on the inside players who failed to rebound.
                              It was pretty glaring. Their big's took control plain and simply put. Not many teams in the country with 2 big's that good.

Comment

• But I thought two big guys on the floor at one time was old skool and a sure way to lose?
                                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X