• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

That team had two NBA players.
    Sure... We might on this team too by the time they are done

Comment

• This will not be a bad loss. I’m actually not that upset about it. We won’t face a better rebounding teams than WV. It’s a good wake up call and will be film to show our young guys how hard they gotta play to get to the next level. I was inspired by the play of Etienne and Stevenson. Jaime also coming around and will be important going forward. At this point last year I was really down on Dexter due to all the hype, much of it coming from the coaches. I feel the same right now and don’t ever care to hear 3G talk about him being the next NBA player. We’ll be back and better due to this game.

Comment

• That WVA squad is good. Huge...and good. Perhaps they'll win the Big-12 this year.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

We're bad. Our bigs are soft. Our PF, who people on this board said was better than McDuffie, can only score against low D1 opponents. We have basically no playmaking. We cant hit open shots. This next month is going to be rough.
          We had definitely gone too long without doomers showing up this season. Basketball has officially started and there is plenty of work to be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
            Anyone else concerned with not only shot making but shot selection?
            Yes, this game mainly. A lot of panicking and hero ball

Comment

• Box score for the West Virginia Mountaineers vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from November 27, 2019 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

30.6 % from the field 24% from 3

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                Anyone else concerned with not only shot making but shot selection?
                We were clearly rattled. It’s all mental. JB in particular threw some shots up that were just plain crazy.

Comment

• Brutal. Not much good to say about that one. Embarrassing effort on the boards. Stevenson was basically the only guy who showed up. Maybe Eteinne, maybe Sherfield if you’re in the holiday spirit and feeling extremely generous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
                    Only player to show up was Stevenson in both games! If I was Marshall I’d be telling the team to pack bags because we’re heading back home in the morning! Embarrassing loss but come on we played like sh*t!
                    You know, I' probably take a little break if they had the time. Guys need to regroup a little. Heal up, physically, mentally, and get back to school and working hard on the court.

Comment

• WVA defense was intense and greatly affected our shooting. We’re gonna be fine.

Comment

• Oh well. Time to eat food and buy stuff you don’t need. It’s hard to let go, but makes Holidays much more enjoyable.

Comment

• We definitely need to win at least two of the OU, OSU, VCU and ole Miss games now

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            WVA defense was intense and greatly affected our shooting. We’re gonna be fine.
                            If this was the only game this has happened then I would agree, but this is not the first occasion.

Comment

We're bad. Our bigs are soft. Our PF, who people on this board said was better than McDuffie, can only score against low D1 opponents. We have basically no playmaking. We cant hit open shots. This next month is going to be rough.
                              Well then...no reason for you to stick around. Buh...bye

Anyone making sweeping statements about how good a team is or wont be for the rest of the year after a few games in November is just setting themselves up to look pretty foolish in March.

I say we at least see how this team responds to this. It was also their first 2 games away from Koch Arena. They just weren't ready for THAT physical of a game. They can still recover from it just fine. As disappointed as I am tonight. I wont let it ruin my holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving all!
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• My high school coach once told our team after a loss where we hung around but were ultimately outclassed that “we’ll play that team again.” “That team” might not have WEST VIRGINIA across their jerseys but we’ll be better prepared next time.

The guys obviously didn’t play well tonight, but they’ll learn from this. It was a good lesson on big-boy basketball. I had Cancun as a split anyway, so in my realist view, it probably went pretty much how I thought it would go.

Onward and upward. We’ll reconvene next week. Happy Turkey Day, y’all!
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X