No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. West Virginia Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We won’t play any teams anymore physical, but we’ll play better teams. We just played terrible. Rebounding and shooting will have to improve.

Comment

• Our 3 ball is so streaky. We couldn’t hit anything tonight.

Comment

• We're bad. Our bigs are soft. Our PF, who people on this board said was better than McDuffie, can only score against low D1 opponents. We have basically no playmaking. We cant hit open shots. This next month is going to be rough.

Comment

• Six assists and out-rebounded by 15+. That's just not Shocker basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
            Sick of being pissed off at Thanksgiving because of a holiday tournament. Just dont have that "it" factor yet.
            This is far from the worst Thanksgiving tournament.

Remember 2015? 0-3 with a blowout to Iowa. That team ended up ok

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
              We're bad. Our bigs are soft. Our PF, who people on this board said was better than McDuffie, can only score against low D1 opponents. We have basically no playmaking. We cant hit open shots. This next month is going to be rough.
              Wow, that bad huh? Well I better give my tickets away then.

Comment

• Of course, we'd have more than six assists if we could hit some bunnies.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                  We're bad. Our bigs are soft. Our PF, who people on this board said was better than McDuffie, can only score against low D1 opponents. We have basically no playmaking. We cant hit open shots. This next month is going to be rough.
                  I don’t think we’re bad...just not as good as many of us hoped. We got roughed up for the first time this season. It’s a young team and we will get better. Go shox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That team had two NBA players.

Comment

• Unless our back court is on fire to make up the deficiency in our slow footed, not particularly athletic front court, we will lose games to any team who have players that are capable of throwing our down low guys around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I remember JR getting significant minutes. Nothing against him...but yikes. We missed Fred and others if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Congratulations West Virginia.

Comment

• Only player to show up was Stevenson in both games! If I was Marshall I’d be telling the team to pack bags because we’re heading back home in the morning! Embarrassing loss but come on we played like sh*t!

Comment

• Weren't going to win them all. Seems like we had a pretty good tourney. Obviously some things to work on. I still prefer small ball, and till the end of the season I'll say this team is a better perimeter team than a post team. Hard to force that square peg into that round hole, and in this game the peg and hole had some rough edges. Sometimes the shots don't fall. Coupled with all the youth, inexperience, and lack of a truly physical game up to this point, I'm proud of the guys. I trust the process, that's why I only watch the games. Congrats and THANK YOU to the fans that could travel, you do us proud!!! And congrats to West Virginia. Better team won.

Comment

• Anyone else concerned with not only shot making but shot selection?

Comment

Working...
                                X