Wichita State vs. West Virginia Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    I just want to pile on with everyone else about how well Stevenson is playing right now. His floor vision and passing has been incredible but my favorite part of his game is the way he rebounds. He’s not just grabbing boards that drop in front of him he’s going in amongst the trees and skying for contested balls.

He is one of three guys on the team I consider elite rebounders. Dennis, Wade, and Stevenson. I think Echinique, Burton, and Asbjorn also have the ability on any given night to be included in that group.

Udeze and Poor Bear are no slouches in the rebounding dept either.

As a team there’s no reason we shouldn’t be a top rebounding team in the country. Just need to make sure we check out every possession. Off the top of my head I remember Dexter missing at least one box out last night.
    Very insightful and well stated. As Taylor pointed out, rebounding is definitely a key for the Shockers winning. Limiting the number of offensive rebounds for the WVU bigs is crucial.

I heard Marshall say on the post-game show on the radio yesterday that he told the guards that the WSU bigs were going to be busy boxing out their men, so it was crucial for the guards to go after the rebounds.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

someone needs to come up with a digital floor
      Whoa. Mind is ..
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I normally don’t say this but I think we will be able to tell from the game prior to ours how we will fare. If SC is that bad against UNI and gets beat down then we will be stepping up about three levels. If it is close and in doubt, I think that suggests it was most us and not them yesterday that caused our outcome and we should show well, win or lose.

This game is important to us, but to me more critical is we get out of there with no injuries. You play a team like WVU on a floor that is that slick, bad things can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          I’m ready to see JB take back over the starting PG spot. Sherfield is ok but he’s not on the same level as JB right now. We need to get out to the best start possible and we need JB starting g for that to happen.
          No doubt JB is a good player. That being said GGG couldn't get him out of the game fast enough at the close of the 1st half. USC cut the lead to 7 and when he went to the bench WSU got it back up to double digits quickly.

JB does his best work on the baseline, with or without the ball. Strong hands.

GS is a very good freshman point guard... Smart. Steady. Good shooter, which he'll show before the season is over.

Comment

Think this game will be close?
            Haslametrics has us at #22, and WVU at 30. Sagarin has WVU at 22, with us at 30.. Four spots behind them on Kenpom.
            Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
              Think this game will be close?
              Haslametrics has us at #22, and WVU at 30. Sagarin has WVU at 22, with us at 30.. Four spots behind them on Kenpom.
              Haslametrics has us as 3.5 point favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Off topic, but I’m not understanding KenPom. How did Kentucky and Duke not get completely crapped on in the metrics for those inexcusable losses? I don’t want the sarcastic comments of “Duke and Kentucky don’t get punished.” Serious question here.
                Kenpom's early-season rankings include a weighted portion of his pre-season ranking. As more games are played, the impact of the preseason ranking will be less and less. By mid-to-late December, the preseason portion is no longer a factor in his rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

sounds like that guy is a shocker fan!
                  NM

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

someone needs to come up with a digital floor
                    Maybe something like this.

Comment

That’s amazing.

Comment

There's the next upgrade to the practice facility!

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

They certainly didn't look like top shelf, in fact, I didn't know a name of any of the three officials last night (which is uncommon for me).

Officiating a West Virginia game has to be one of the hardest things to do. WSU has to play strong with the ball and take it at them. If you start to play weak, or back away you won't get any calls in this type of game.

Don't know much about WVU's depth, but I highly doubt they are as deep as we are.
                          Or as deep as we think we are. With the upgrade in competition we will know a lot more about our true depth, at least early in the season.

Comment

If I were a future Pulitzer Prize winning contender, such as tayloreldridge, I would pose this question at the pre-game presser:

"Coach Huggins, thanks for taking my question. At any time were you or your assistants, present or past, made aware of the location of Jimmy Hoffa's body?"
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              If I were a future Pulitzer Prize winning contender, such as tayloreldridge, I would pose this question at the pre-game presser:

"Coach Huggins, thanks for taking my question. At any time were you or your assistants, present or past, made aware of the location of Jimmy Hoffa's body?"
                              I'd ask him how he feels about Teddy's current condition. Considering how it seems he was so adamant for him to not play last season.
                              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                That said, Marshall has commented that JB doesn’t know the set plays very well.
                                I have to ask: where did you read or hear this? I'd be shocked if JB was struggling with knowing the set plays. This is his second year in the system. And if that were the case, why would JB in the game during crunch time and, oh by the way, get more minutes than Grant?

Comment

Working...
                                X