Wichita State vs. West Virginia Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Is there something else that you know besides Teddy? I haven't heard that Huggy and Ggg didn't like each other.
    Nah, just Teddy. I would assume 3G is a little salty that WVU apparently did very little to help Teddy play here. Maybe I’m overblowing the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Educate The Mountaineers?
      Eviscerate The Mountaineers?
      Eat The Mountaineers?
      ETN I meant. Lol. :) Think he's gonna have a BIG game tonight!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Will we get a fair whistle or will the refs just let West Virginia beat the heck out our guys? Go shocks?
        Based on what I saw yesterday, I don't think the refs in this tournament are anywhere near the top shelf. That late whistle against WSU was completely ridiculous and Marshall was completely right to get upset about that. (Yes, I know that in the long run it didn't affect the outcome, but should expect better than that) Then on top of that the F1 call against UNI was ludicrous. Well, I suppose, we can hope that yesterday was a bad day for them and we can see better calls today. However, one of my fears is that the refs will make the game tonight a whistle fest.

Comment

It's hard to argue with Vegas. If WV plays the whole game like they did the last 5-6 minutes last night then we will
          be in trouble. After beating SC like we did we will have WV's full attention from the opening tip. I don't have good vibes.
          WV wins an ugly game 63-61 but it will be a good learning experience that will benefit us in the long run.

Comment

Pick Dawgs takes the Shockers

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              It's hard to argue with Vegas. If WV plays the whole game like they did the last 5-6 minutes last night then we will
              be in trouble. After beating SC like we did we will have WV's full attention from the opening tip. I don't have good vibes.
              WV wins an ugly game 63-61 but it will be a good learning experience that will benefit us in the long run.
              Vegas isn’t trying to predict the outcome of the game, they’re trying to make sure there are equal bets for both teams.

And keep in mind who the last 5-6 minutes were against. I like UNI but they aren’t as good as WSU. They certainly don’t have the same depth or guard play.

WVU will be a step up from S.C. but WSU will also be a step up, maybe more, from UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                Pick Dawgs takes the Shockers

sounds like that guy is a shocker fan!

Comment

69-66. GOOD GUYS!!!

GO SHOCKS!!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleon Dynamite View Post

Based on what I saw yesterday, I don't think the refs in this tournament are anywhere near the top shelf. That late whistle against WSU was completely ridiculous and Marshall was completely right to get upset about that. (Yes, I know that in the long run it didn't affect the outcome, but should expect better than that) Then on top of that the F1 call against UNI was ludicrous. Well, I suppose, we can hope that yesterday was a bad day for them and we can see better calls today. However, one of my fears is that the refs will make the game tonight a whistle fest.

They certainly didn't look like top shelf, in fact, I didn't know a name of any of the three officials last night (which is uncommon for me).

Officiating a West Virginia game has to be one of the hardest things to do. WSU has to play strong with the ball and take it at them. If you start to play weak, or back away you won't get any calls in this type of game.

Don't know much about WVU's depth, but I highly doubt they are as deep as we are.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

The number of cameras, camera angles, and resolution are awful for overruling 3 point makes. Let the three bombs fly and don't worry too much about foot positioning.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        The number of cameras, camera angles, and resolution are awful for overruling 3 point makes. Let the three bombs fly and don't worry too much about foot positioning.
                        It also doesn't help that the average number of 3 point lines on a court these days is like 3.7.

Comment

I just want to pile on with everyone else about how well Stevenson is playing right now. His floor vision and passing has been incredible but my favorite part of his game is the way he rebounds. He’s not just grabbing boards that drop in front of him he’s going in amongst the trees and skying for contested balls.

He is one of three guys on the team I consider elite rebounders. Dennis, Wade, and Stevenson. I think Echinique, Burton, and Asbjorn also have the ability on any given night to be included in that group.

Udeze and Poor Bear are no slouches in the rebounding dept either.

As a team there’s no reason we shouldn’t be a top rebounding team in the country. Just need to make sure we check out every possession. Off the top of my head I remember Dexter missing at least one box out last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

It also doesn't help that the average number of 3 point lines on a court these days is like 3.7.
                            someone needs to come up with a digital floor
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleon Dynamite View Post

A whistle fest probably favors us with our depth. I would rather see it called fairly tight than see WVU be allowed to mug at will.
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

A whistle fest probably favors us with our depth. I would rather see it called fairly tight than see WVU be allowed to mug at will.
                                Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X