X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State vs. South Carolina Pre-Game Discussion

Description: WICHITA STATE MEN'S BASKETBALL VS. SOUTH CAROLINA
    When: NOV 26 (TUE) 5:00 P.M.
    Where: CANCUN, MEXICO (HARD ROCK HOTEL RIVIERA MAYA)
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM https://keyn.radio.com/
    TV: CBS SPORTS NETWORK

The South Carolina Gamecocks finished the 2018–19 season 16–16, 11–7 in SEC play and ended in a tie for 4th place in the SEC. USC was predicted to finish in 10thadded place in the Pre-season Media Poll and had no one on the 1st or 2nd All-SEC teams. However, A.J. Lawson (sophomore guard) was one of nine players on the preseason coach-voted All-SEC team. USC is 4-1, losing at home to Boston University 2-3.

Odd Makers:
    Vegas: WSU by 2.5
    DRatings: WSU 69% by 5.5
    ESPN: WSU 53%
    INCCSTATS: WSU 63% by 4.0
    KenPom: WSU 57% by 3.0
    Massey: WSU 63% by 4.0
    Nolan: WSU by 2.0
    Sagarin: WSU by 3.3
    Torvik: WSU 69% by 4.6
    Wilson: WSU 70% by 6.0
    Shocks Win by 10+
    16.44%
    Shocks Win by 5+
    52.05%
    Shocks Win by 1+
    12.33%
    Toss Up - Could Go Either Way
    15.07%
    Shocks Lose by 1+
    1.37%
    Shocks Lose by 5+
    1.37%
    Shocks Lose by 10+
    1.37%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; November 26, 2019, 09:59 AM. Reason: Added final prediction model

Can anyone clarify the state from which this university hails?

Comment

Tough game for sure. For both teams. Heavy on the D.

SC has size. They have some EXP. They have Coach Martin. And 3 guards dominate their play and scoring. SC is kind of a slightly more experienced mirror reflection of WSU. So I pick WSU by 1+. SC is not shooting the 3ball well as a team. So I guess that's the time someone goes off on us. Our D will have to be a living breathing cohesive entity. Like the Borg on Star Trek. Everyone will have to function as one, for the purpose of the one.
      Captain Janeway (best of Trek Captains) 70
      Tusken Raider and his Bantha poo 69.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
        Can anyone clarify the state from which this university hails?
        It’s a directional school within the state of Carolina in the New England region of the US.
        Livin the dream

Comment

They too have played an easy schedule thus far, but they did lose at home against Boston U. This is a 50/50 game. I say we've got the edge on depth, they have the edge with their starting 5. It just depends which Shox team shows up, the TX SO, Omaha and ORU team shows up - we lose by 15.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If you go by the common opponent, we should win by double digits. They beat Gardner Webb by 5 and we beat them by 22, but we had a 29 point lead before the scrubs were put in. And we did all this without our best big man.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                They too have played an easy schedule thus far, but they did lose at home against Boston U. This is a 50/50 game. I say we've got the edge on depth, they have the edge with their starting 5. It just depends which Shox team shows up, the TX SO, Omaha and ORU team shows up - we lose by 15.
                The Texas Southern and Omaha games were sort of a fluke because JB only played 5 minutes in the Omaha game and didn't play in the Texas Southern game because of the injury.

Comment

Well statistics say we are better then SC, BUT 2 things that concern me that keep happening to wsu that annoys me and thats 2 stats SC are better at then us.

1. They attack the offensive glass and are good at it so WSU better get 2 hands on that ball and box out.

2. They can block some shots so gotta be smart when shooting.

Its early and stats are kinda obscure due to cupcakes but SC is not deep so if WSU can attack them get some fouls called should be rough on SC, dribble drives pick & rolls and cutters would be our best bet at that. I believe our defense will win us this one WSU 73 SC 62

Comment

I expect GS to start all season unless injured goes to complete ****. Marshall didn't bring him here to sit, plus what happens at practice we don't see.

Comment

Finally get to whip out the black uniforms against SC as the "road" team. SC is athletic, and has some nice guards. That said, if we play fairly well we win by 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Durtymofo20 View Post
                        I expect GS to start all season unless injured goes to complete ****. Marshall didn't bring him here to sit, plus what happens at practice we don't see.
                        I imagine this is correct. He appears to get more rope than the others.

Comment

Fun and interesting facts about the University of South Carolina
                          South Carolina College (1801–1906)
                          Emollit mores nec sinit esse feros (Latin)
                          Learning humanizes character and does not permit it to be cruel
                          Public
                          Flagship state university
                          Sea-grant university
                          University of South Carolina System
                          $809.9 million (2018)[1]
                          Robert Caslen
                          Tayloe Harding (interim)
                          34,099 (Columbia)
                          50,099 (System-wide)[2]
                          Columbia
                          South Carolina
                          United States
                          Urban, 359 acres (145 ha)
                          Garnet and Black[3]
                          Gamecocks
                          NCAA Division ISEC
                          Cocky
                          As many of you know, Shocker legend, Xavier McDaniel, is from Columbia, South Carolina, and I believe that he currently resides there.

the population of Columbia, SC is 133,114 (2017). The Columbia combined statistical area is made up of seven counties in central South Carolina. The statistical area includes one metropolitan area. As of the 2015 Census estimates, the CSA had a population of 937,288 and is the second-largest CSA in the state.

More fun facts: https://kids.kiddle.co/University_of_South_Carolina

cocky2.jpg

Best regards everyone!
                          Napoleon Dynamite

“Whatever I feel like I wanna do, gosh!”

Comment

huge center out of Sunrise

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Perhaps a good matchup for Asbjorn plus Jaime should have a bit of advantage in quickness if he is really game ready. I don't knpw that Jaime will be at 100% for at least a couple more weeks. But hopefully he proves me wrong.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 24, 2019, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X