Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Lots to look forward to and a lot of improvement to be had for a team that, IMO is already hovering on the bubble. So I am really, really starting to think it is more likely than not that the Shox start another NCAA tourney streak sooner rather than later.
      I am not sure how you can rationalize WSU is "hovering on the bubble". WSU is 5-0 versus Quad 4 teams. Not resume building victories (though could have been resume destroying losses).

It is what WSU does in the next 6 games that will tell us if this team has a chance of at-large.

SC - Q2 opportunity
      WV - Q1 opportunity
      OSU - Q1 road opportunity
      OU - Q1 or Q2 opportunity
      VCU - Q1 opportunity
      C. Ark - Q4 opportunity

Things I'm hoping to see this week

1. 2 Victories
      2. Dexter getting out of his offensive funk
      3. How our guards handle (hopefully WVA) pressure.
      4. Continued improvement in our offense. J.E. presence should help with that.
      5. WSU 28th ranked (Kenpom) defense continuing to perform well against tougher competition.
      6. WSU defense continuing to generate TO and points off of TO.

Comment

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college.../date/11-26-19

Vegas has the Shockers opening as 2.5 point favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I am not sure how you can rationalize WSU is "hovering on the bubble". WSU is 5-0 versus Quad 4 teams. Not resume building victories (though could have been resume destroying losses).
          Instead of saying that we are remaining in one place in the air over the bubble, we should say that we are quietly hiding waiting to ambush (aka lurking)?

BTW, what the heck ever happened to Play Angry? Does anyone use that term anymore? Gosh.

Best regards everyone!
          Napoleon Dynamite

“Napoleon, don’t be jealous ’cause I’ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I’m training to become a cage fighter.”

Comment

Comment

Random thoughts......

11 WSU teams have started 6-0 or better. Just 2 of the 11 belong to a Gregg Marshall coached team (12-13 team that started 9-0 and of course the 13-14 35-0 team).

The balanced scoring is business as usual for a 3G team. It's so much easier to win when you aren't dependent upon a McDuffie type 22 point outing.

This team is not yet rebounding like they should. If they don't fix that, like right now, it will be an unpleasant Thanksgiving, with very little for which to be thankful.

What I want to see tomorrow is a little attitude to go with the really good teamwork we've seen so far. Let's get after USC and heat 'em up from the tip.
              Last edited by WuDrWu; November 25, 2019, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                If these ballers played half as good as they look we would be F4 bound. Marshall has a nice crop of thoroughbreds. Please, please, PLEASE add a lil' 2012 moxie. Without it we are nothing.

T

Comment

Agree the shocks got to start rebounding better. I notice in that video that J. Bilau was practicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleon Dynamite View Post

Instead of saying that we are remaining in one place in the air over the bubble, we should say that we are quietly hiding waiting to ambush (aka lurking)?

BTW, what the heck ever happened to Play Angry? Does anyone use that term anymore? Gosh.

Best regards everyone!
                    Napoleon Dynamite

“Napoleon, don’t be jealous ’cause I’ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I’m training to become a cage fighter.”
                    BTW, what the heck ever happened to Play Angry?
                    Quote of the year.

Answer: It pulled a Tad Boyle and left with Chris Jans.

God I hope what I just said isn't true.

T

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Random thoughts......

11 WSU teams have started 6-0 or better. Just 2 of the 11 belong to a Gregg Marshall coached team (12-13 team that started 9-0 and of course the 13-14 35-0 team).

The balanced scoring is business as usual for a 3G team. It's so much easier to win when you aren't dependent upon a McDuffie type 22 point outing.

This team is not yet rebounding like they should. If they don't fix that, like right now, it will be an unpleasant Thanksgiving, with very little for which to be thankful.

What I want to see tomorrow is a little attitude to go with the really good teamwork we've seen so far. Let's get after USC and heat 'em up from the tip.
                      HCGM should show them a tape of the Miami-UCONN game to watch the consequences of being a horrible rebounding team

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

HCGM should show them a tape of the Miami-UCONN game to watch the consequences of being a horrible rebounding team
                        Hell just show them the ORU game. Almost a bad loss.

Comment

Comment

itsgamedaybitches.net

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              Another really good job of analysis for Taylor Eldridge. Another thing the Shocks might do against a team that likes to go for the shot blocks is to liberally use shot fakes.

In any case, sounds like this will be a very challenging game. Looking forward to seeing how the Shocks meet that challenge.

Comment

I don't mean to give away some of the Shocker's best strats right before the tournament, but if we really want to win we should use:

F, B, F, D+ High Punch+ BLK+ Run next to opponent
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X