Wichita State vs. UT-Martin (Tennessee) Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
    I won't say you're not a fan if you care more about production than you do about supporting the program, players, and school, but I will say that makes you an asshole.
    lol

Who said I cared more about the production? Where did I say I didn't care about the players or the school? In fact, I've stated exactly the opposite. I'm also not a mindless drone either that just hands over money and accepts ineptitude tor what it is. Raise the ticket prices $1000 a year and these same people would say you're not a true fan if you don't support the program. I'm not the only one that has felt or feels this way. But if you're in the camp that thinks anything associated with WSU is infallible, then we should stop the discussion now because you'll never see the other side.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

When I went to games and had season tickets, I went to watch a basketball game. I pretty much ignored anything that wasn't part of the basketball game. Was I doing it wrong? So they run ads during time outs - so what? So the pep band has 2 fewer songs per game than they had 3 years ago - that doesn't seem to have any effect on the actual basketball game.

It's the timeouts that take the crowd out of the game. If Ashley Home Furnishings wants to pay for a scholarship or two each year by having a promotion during a timeout, I'm fine with that. That's not what takes the crowd out of the game. It's the timeout.

After a made 3, I can watch the opponents inbound the ball while the announcement of who pays up is made.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol

Who said I cared more about the production? Where did I say I didn't care about the players or the school? In fact, I've stated exactly the opposite. I'm also not a mindless drone either that just hands over money and accepts ineptitude tor what it is. Raise the ticket prices $1000 a year and these same people would say you're not a true fan if you don't support the program. I'm not the only one that has felt or feels this way. But if you're in the camp that thinks anything associated with WSU is infallible, then we should stop the discussion now because you'll never see the other side.
        Has anybody said WSU is infallible or that they can’t do better with in game production? It’s totally fine if you feel the intermission activities are so horrible that you feel ripped off. Stop going and then we won’t have to hear you ***** after EVERY HOME GAME.
        Livin the dream

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have some cheese to go with all this whine...

Comment

WOW

Comment

LOL I have not posted in a while. But I am bopping on to say that some of you people (fever - some others) need to just chill.

I really question those who say "WSU has priced me out of tickets I am never going" and then don't go when you can get stubhub tickets for $5.

Either you want to go, or you don't. And if you don't - that is totally fine. Watching on TV is a fine option. And there are a TON of reasons why attendance is down - not only here - but EVERYWHERE across the country. Some of these are indeed WSU's fault. The Athletic Department is not blameless AT ALL.

But do not pretend that you "MISS GOING SO MUCH - those damn WSU bastards are screwing me out of it" - And then turn around and don't go when you could have gone to the first four home games for like 20 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Has anybody said WSU is infallible or that they can’t do better with in game production? It’s totally fine if you feel the intermission activities are so horrible that you feel ripped off. Stop going and then we won’t have to hear you ***** after EVERY HOME GAME.
                  Where the **** did I say that the in-game production was reason I felt ripped off? You completely read that wrong, per usual.

And speaking of reading things wrong, I already gave up season tickets. Pay better attention nub.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Where the **** did I say that the in-game production was reason I felt ripped off? You completely read that wrong, per usual.

And speaking of reading things wrong, I already gave up season tickets. Pay better attention nub.
                    This was a two step plan. Step one complete.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

This was a two step plan. Step one complete.
                      Is this where you begin one of your incoherent posting streaks?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You do your thing, other people will do theres. Like you said.

It's also a reasonable expectation not to feel like you're being taken advantage of. The annual ticket increases along with the annual concession increases combined with a flat-lined in-game production doesn't equate well to a lot of people unless you're bleeding money and don't care. I love the in-game atmosphere, I love the product on the floor, I love the coaches, the players, etc. But when you feel like you get taken advantage of your fanhood, that rubs people the wrong way. I IMMENSELY miss going to games but it finally outpriced my budget and the constant mid-major type production just didn't do it for me. I almost felt embarrassed watching how things went on with a Top 10 team on the floor.

WSU needs to do their part too (not the team). It's not a one-way street and to anyone thinking that it should be again either bleeds money or doesn't really have a value to their time.

ShockerFever couldn’t have said it better myself. i have absolutely no issues with the on-court production - win OR lose as long as the guys play hard. to me it’s like getting the job interview of your life and you show up in shorts and a wife-beater. i’d like the athletic department to put its best foot forward to support the basketball team. crank up the damn music and let the dance team do their thing... sponsored by.......

btw, i’m sure that the athletic department knows that sponsorships are worth less with more empty seats.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          I’m really surprised that no one mentioned the scoreboard showing two different fonts for the 1s after we broke 100. Doc and I were just sure that someone would ***** about that.
                          I'm not so sure there were two fonts being used. I think the left part of the first "1" was being pushed off the left screen and the last "1" was skinnier because a small part of the right side was pushed off the right. Definitely needed a smaller font once 100 was reached. IMG_20191118_082418.jpg

Comment

Like to check out the scoreboard again to see if they have it fixed, maybe even a couple of times this season.

Comment

ShockerFever abdullah_sharif , others.... Have you guys been to a game this season? Serious question. I may not agree with a lot of your conclusions, and it usually doesn't bother me as it's not why I'm there, but I agree the game production hasn't been great in the past.

I do feel that some very positive changes have been made this season. Timeout entertainment has been a lot more "crank the noise sponsored by..." and a lot less "plinko." And they did reduce concession prices. Maybe not a ton, but they did go in the correct direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                ShockerFever abdullah_sharif , others.... Have you guys been to a game this season? Serious question. I may not agree with a lot of your conclusions, and it usually doesn't bother me as it's not why I'm there, but I agree the game production hasn't been great in the past.

I do feel that some very positive changes have been made this season. Timeout entertainment has been a lot more "crank the noise sponsored by..." and a lot less "plinko." And they did reduce concession prices. Maybe not a ton, but they did go in the correct direction.
                                I have not attended a game yet but that is good to hear. I’m hoping to make a game soon enough and am now intrigued by your thoughts.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X